What's new

The Biden Administration and All Things Politics

You say that with such confidence, and you are so wrong in the case of research institutions.

I didn't say professors write the checks. I said, "professors are primarily income sources", although it's true those whose research has slowed down or stopped become expenses and get heavier teaching loads.

I have a degree from a research university, my day job is in a research medical school, and I teach math in the evenings at a local community college. I regularly reads about professors experiences on various blogs. On what basis do you say I have it backwards?

For actively researching professors, it's closer to professors are the tenants and the universities are the landlords.
Also, if you're teaching classes to tuition paying students, aren't you, then, a source of revenue?

At research universities, how much do the faculty contribute to line 8, typically?
No two are the same. If you don't want to dox yourself then pick a research institution you believe is comparable in size and we can pick through the financials. Be aware that not everything classified as a grant is what you think it is.

View: https://youtu.be/NxekqhrjxCM

You would have gone to a school for free in the #1 State for Higher Education with that score! (and you were a resident)

I got a 25 on the ACT, and wouldn't even come close that now.

Eh, I'm a good test-taker and read a lot more than required. But my grades were ****, because I was an idiot that was too cool for school. So no free rides for me, at least not in the 80's.

Even CBS cant hide Bidens blatant corruption. If Republicans can get the document that Bidens FBI is hiding then **** is going to hit the fan. It's actually monumentally astonishing how Democrats have absolutely no common sense when Biden even fires the entire investigation team looking into these things. It's obvious why fish can't debate me. He has no answers. A great economy to him is paying $10,000 more for a vehicle.

View: https://youtu.be/pajt8EgGF9w

Saying the quiet part out loud. Republicans want to crash the global economy because they think it’ll help them in 2024.

Yep. This is sad. And I think whether democrats were saying it out loud or not they think the same way when republicans are in power. Neither party wants the country to be successful when the other party is in power. I think democrats were probably somewhat happy about covid because it hurt trump.
2 party system sucks ***.

Yep. This is sad. And I think whether democrats were saying it out loud or not they think the same way when republicans are in power. Neither party wants the country to be successful when the other party is in power. I think democrats were probably somewhat happy about covid because it hurt trump.
Yet Republicans have had a solution since April and McCarthy has been there working every day while Joe is going on vacation this weekend. Imagine having your place of work in possible default and your boss going on vacation like Biden is.

But since you are the greatest debater I've ever seen, maybe in the history of the world... What don't you like about Republicans proposal exactly? I asked your leader and the guy you mimic every word of Thriller(Cy) but he couldn't answer per usual. Since you know... You guys accuse others of not being able to debate. Personally, I think raising the debt but cutting spending on a bunch of needless bs is what's needed. But Democrats need me to pay off their loans they took out so I understand why they don't understand fiscal responsibility.

Last edited:
Democrats had several chances to do this and they didn’t. Especially under Covid. Imagine how much worse the economy could’ve been if Democrats had refused the spending Trump demanded to mitigate Covid economic decline? With “luck” we could’ve put the country into a deep recession of 20+ percent unemployment. Try getting reelected with 25-30 percent of the country unemployed!

Instead, The debt ceiling was instantly raised every time under Trump. Every. Single. Time.

I’m sure some saw political benefits to Covid. But I think most normal people including democrats, wished that Covid had never happened. Although, many in the right still deny that it even exists today. Or is more than a small cold. They claim it’s a hoax made by Jewish people, like Soros

Last edited:
Trump is unbeatable in GOP politics because he’s so deplorable. But his super power in GOP politics acts as his greatest weakness in the general. He’s seen as too cruel, stupid, and extreme for us normal voters. He has cost the GOP political power every single time he intervenes in elections. 2018, 2020, and 2022. From state legislatures to Senate seats, he’s cost them.

So bring him on in 2024! Can’t wait for him to hold nationally televised rallies where he’s denying 2020, making fun of sexual abuse victims, bragging about overturning Roe, praising Putin, sharing the stage with Nazis, and pledging allegiance to Jan 6 Insurrectionists. That’ll win normal people over in no time!

Trump is unbeatable in GOP politics because he’s so deplorable. But his super power in GOP politics acts as his greatest weakness in the general. He’s seen as too cruel, stupid, and extreme for us normal voters. He has cost the GOP political power every single time he intervenes in elections. 2018, 2020, and 2022. From state legislatures to Senate seats, he’s cost them.

So bring him on in 2024! Can’t wait for him to hold nationally televised rallies where he’s denying 2020, making fun of sexual abuse victims, bragging about overturning Roe, praising Putin, sharing the stage with Nazis, and pledging allegiance to Jan 6 Insurrectionists. That’ll win normal people over in no time!
Agreed. trump is the best candidate for the democratic party.

Yep. This is sad.
Soooo...the Republican control only the House. The House did pass a bill to raise the debt ceiling. Meanwhile the Senate, which is Democrat controlled, has steadfastly refused to vote on any bill raising the debt ceiling, and the President made it very clear that he would not negotiate with Republicans. Then for 89 days he was true to his word and refused to speak to any Republicans, who as mentioned previously had already passed a bill to raise the debt ceiling.

These are all left-leaning sources:

You see Senate Democrats refusing to vote on anything that raises the debt ceiling and a President being publicly hostile to even talking about it as Republicans wanting to crash the economy. Got it.

Soooo...the Republican control only the House. The House did pass a bill to raise the debt ceiling. Meanwhile the Senate, which is Democrat controlled, has steadfastly refused to vote on any bill raising the debt ceiling, and the President made it very clear that he would not negotiate with Republicans. Then for 89 days he was true to his word and refused to speak to any Republicans, who as mentioned previously had already passed a bill to raise the debt ceiling.

These are all left-leaning sources:

You see Senate Democrats refusing to vote on anything that raises the debt ceiling and a President being publicly hostile to even talking about it as Republicans wanting to crash the economy. Got it.
Yep, the two party system sucks. democrats vs republicans instead of what is best for the country. I agree.
I mean imagine if Biden said he loved the republicans proposal? Or if senate democrats did. They would be in danger of being called DINO's and voted out or censured. The two party system is a disaster. Especially in todays political climate

Imagine if you were critical of the republicans proposal. What would your fellow republican voters think of you? OMG!

Everyone toe the party line!

That is nice but education isn't for educators. The woke culture nearly ubiquitous in academia which is imposing things like Social Emotional Leaning and Identity Studies are having a system-wide negative impact. Even before the pandemic hit, test scores were falling.

Test-Scores-Falling.gif

Meanwhile the costs of this ever worsening education has been crazy.

College-Costs.gif

These education costs have consequences with the youth of today being saddled with mountains of debt that cannot even be disposed in bankruptcy. There is far too much power in academia. They don't need more power and more privileges.

Yep, the two party system sucks. democrats vs republicans instead of what is best for the country. I agree.
I mean imagine if Biden said he loved the republicans proposal? Or if senate democrats did. They would be in danger of being called DINO's and voted out or censured.
It isn’t our two party system doing that. That is the product of our media, our culture, and throngs of really angry people.

The Thriller’s claim of the Republicans wanting to crash the economy is a perfect example. What RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel said, as quoted in the article, was:

The vast majority of Americans feel like we’re not heading in the right track. And then you look at this debt ceiling crisis. You look at us about to default, and you see that president took 90 days out from negotiating. He refused to come to the table with Republicans. Republicans have put a plan on the table and this is an MIA president when it comes to problems that the American people are facing – whether it’s energy independence, whether it’s fentanyl, whether it’s a broken border, whether it’s crime surging in our streets.

This is a president that is failing the American people. So I think that bodes very well for the Republican field.

The thing in Ronna McDaniel’s mind that bodes very well for the Republican field is this:

Elections are about public sentiment. It isn't that Dems have failed on addressing fentanyl, failed on addressing energy independence, failed on the broken border, failed in how crime statistics are surging, or failed to negotiate on the debt limit. None of that matters in the election if the public supported it. Ronna McDaniel isn't hoping for failure. She is seeing a statistic in public sentiment polling that favors the Republican field. The majority of Americans by a roughly 13 point margin do feel we currently have a president that is failing the American people, and she lists off a number of reasons driving the sentiment. The numbers coming from the polling of that sentiment bodes well for Republicans in the upcoming election and that is clearly what she is saying, but that is obvious and obvious is boring which doesn't get clicks. The obvious gets spiced up with the spiciest bit of all used as the title and tagline.

Then angry people read the tagline, think they now know the story because it affirms what they already "know", embellish it just a smidge and use it to project their anger. What starts as a mundane statement about public sentiment polling becomes a deliberate evil plot to inflict harm.

No two are the same. If you don't want to dox yourself then pick a research institution you believe is comparable in size and we can pick through the financials. Be aware that not everything classified as a grant is what you think it is.
I know not everything is a grant for scientific research, but some of it is. The point is that these grants specifically covers the researcher's salary plus those of others. Typically a researcher will have more than one grant, and completely cover their salary as well as providing excess income. Here's a sample of how they get filled out:

Even CBS cant hide Bidens blatant corruption.
No one has question Hunter Biden's corruption.

... Biden even fires the entire investigation team looking into these things.
You have take the position that the Trump campaign should have been treated with more deference (the findings of Durham's report), yet want to deny the Biden family the same consideration. Also, the investigators weren't fired, just moved to other cases.

Imagine having your place of work in possible default and your boss going on vacation like Biden is.
McCarthy is also going on vacation, as is all of Congress. No venom for them?

What don't you like about Republicans proposal exactly?
It doesn't repeal the Trump tax cuts.

But Democrats need me to pay off their loans they took out so I understand why they don't understand fiscal responsibility.
The Republicans cut taxes without cutting spending, and now want Biden to do their dirty work for them.