What's new

The Caravan

People are being fed nothing but chips and juice for days, they aren’t allowed access to bathrooms or showers, and women are told to drink from the toilets if thirsty.

Just disgusting.

If another country we’re doing this, we’d be slapping sanctions on them. But because Trump WANTS this to be as cruel and awful as possible, we’re permitting it. The public is too overwhelmed with everything right now, the media will move onto something else by tomorrow, and Democrats in Congress won’t impeach for some reason.

Trump is literally getting away with everything. Zero accountability.

On a side note, those depictions by that ICE group of AOC giving oral sex to an immigrant only reaffirms my theory that Ben Shapiro and the rest of the right is obsessed with her because she’s attractive.

I’m fine dismantling ICE. Just an all around *********** that just attracts the worst type of agents.

Let's not get caught up putting everything on one person. If we start excluding personal accountability here, we create the environment that fosters "I was just following orders".

It's unlikely there's a policy that says "Inmates must drink toilet water" or "You must have at least 4 immigrant children(age 0-8) deaths per year". There's a lot of talk about culture that enables(or even encourages)this, but we need to start applying what it means from top to bottom. The top fights to have verbiage that looks simple and clean, but allows A LOT of flexibility. Directors find the most 'fiscally responsible' way to do something, managers further down see this as 'so long as we keep our numbers'. From that point on, the people that stay doing that job are people attracted to this approach, or those that see it positively. The longer people stay, the more likely they are promoted, and back up the ladder we go.

ICE doesn't need to go. And really, it needs to stay. Should we gut it from top to bottom? Probably. Rename it once we're prepared to truly change it? Absolutely. But some form of control agency at the borders, maybe even a non-invasive agency, needs to exist.

Let's not get caught up putting everything on one person. If we start excluding personal accountability here, we create the environment that fosters "I was just following orders".

It's unlikely there's a policy that says "Inmates must drink toilet water" or "You must have at least 4 immigrant children(age 0-8) deaths per year". There's a lot of talk about culture that enables(or even encourages)this, but we need to start applying what it means from top to bottom. The top fights to have verbiage that looks simple and clean, but allows A LOT of flexibility. Directors find the most 'fiscally responsible' way to do something, managers further down see this as 'so long as we keep our numbers'. From that point on, the people that stay doing that job are people attracted to this approach, or those that see it positively. The longer people stay, the more likely they are promoted, and back up the ladder we go.

ICE doesn't need to go. And really, it needs to stay. Should we gut it from top to bottom? Probably. Rename it once we're prepared to truly change it? Absolutely. But some form of control agency at the borders, maybe even a non-invasive agency, needs to exist.

The abuse is so far ranging that I feel like this entire force needs to be re-evaluated. Over 6,000 belong to that Facebook group mocking immigrants and depicting AOC giving a BJ to an immigrant. That’s a symptom of a sick force who’s hired people too ***** for the military and too racist to be a cop.

Yep. Being held at these detention centers is exactly like being at an overcrowded party:

Fox n friends sucks so bad

Shut these deplorables down:

They are awaiting their new uniforms, hand-built in the Trump's sweatshops.

0SS%20tunic%20001.jpg

They are awaiting their new uniforms, handbuilt in the Trump's sweatshops.

0SS%20tunic%20001.jpg

But let’s not blame these monsters. They were just “following orders.” Besides, they’re just middle class workers who are economically anxious and feeling forgotten cuz Obama and minorities and globalization and deplatforming and stuff...

I’m not happy today. What’s happening at the border might be the most morally repugnant thing I’ve seen our government do in my lifetime

ICE doesn't have any control at the borders. The United States Border Patrol is a separate agency, which is a part of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (which is also separate from ICE). Both are a part of Homeland Security.

The abuse is so far ranging that I feel like this entire force needs to be re-evaluated. Over 6,000 belong to that Facebook group mocking immigrants and depicting AOC giving a BJ to an immigrant. That’s a symptom of a sick force who’s hired people too ***** for the military and too racist to be a cop.

Two major things I want you to take away here.

1. The secret facebook group includes current AND FORMER CBP employees. Over six thousand is a number, and that's great. But CBP has over 45,000 employees. That's what...13%?
  2. Just as much as no man should be innocent, no man should have a debt that can not be repaid.

I was not making an excuse for the behavior, just trying to recognize how it exists and how it came to be. It's too deep of a problem for only one man to be responsible for, and too wide to think laying it all at the top will do any good. But these are people too, even if they're ****ed up. Structure a change with strong leadership pieces(especially high visibility positions), integrate them, assess who can and can't change, and make decisions on person to person. Give a chance to change, and find a way to reward that. Many of the resistant will see the rewards and act accordingly. Those that don't will need to find new jobs.

ICE doesn't have any control at the borders. The United States Border Patrol is a separate agency, which is a part of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (which is also separate from ICE). Both are a part of Homeland Security.

This is actually very helpful. Thank you, OB. It sounds like I need I to replace ICE with CBP. Though, ICE too should probably be reviewed.

The OIG report on, and photos of, detention centers in the Rio Grande Valley, Texas. Released 7/2/19.

https://www.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2019-07/OIG-19-51-Jul19_.pdf

The Inspector General report, based on unannounced inspections, found extreme overcrowding......

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/02/poli...er-patrol-inspector-general-report/index.html

"At one facility, adults were held in standing-room-only conditions for more than a week. At another, some adults were held in overcrowded cells for more than a month.

"We are concerned that overcrowding and prolonged detention represent an immediate risk to the health and safety of DHS agents and officers, and to those detained," reads the report.

A senior Border Patrol manager at one of the facilities called the situation a "ticking time bomb," with senior managers at several facilities raising concerns for the safety of the agents and detainees, according to the report."

border-patrol-overcrowding-dhs-oig.png

border-patrol-overcrowding-dhs-oig.png

Yeah but... Mexico is still gonna pay the wall cuz... well
Hannity told me that tariffs or something would pay for it or something.

BUT CLEARLY THIS IS THE ONLY TING WE CAN DO REGARDING IMMIGRATION! THERE ARENT ANY OTHER SOLUTIONS! THE DEMS JUST WANT OPEN BOARDERS AND DRIVE THRU ABORTIONS! AND SOCALISM #MAGA

Last night, 7/26/19, Chris Hayes interviewed the American teen held for weeks in a detention center, and the young man described conditions there:

People keep claiming that calling trump a fascist is melodramatic, because “he isn’t killing anyone.” Really? People are dying in these concentration camps weekly. And now american citizens are being arrested and detained.

What more needs to happen until we become concerned?

Reactions: Red

Is this really the best we can do? They waited until the kids were in their first day of school to raid the plant and arrest their parents.

How many “economically anxious” whites in Mississippi jump to work at a food processing plant picking chicken parts for these terrible salaries?

If we really want to enforce immigration laws, why aren’t the families of these business owners who thumb their noses at our laws ever separated? These business owners often use notifying ICE of the immigration status of their employees when they catch wind of them forming unions or some other type of labor organization. Wonder if this is what happened here.

Is this really the best we can do?