What's new

The Jazz have acquired the 13th pick and select Donovan Mitchell

Haha that's awesome. Going to have to go back and watch the Perrin interview.

Absolutely nothing from Perrin. May as well nickname him "Stonewall." Whatever Perrin says, expect the opposite. If a player isn't talked about much; he's the guy. Although I think that's likely the case with almost any GM: misdirection and subterfuge.

I was critical of him in the draft thread but now that he is a Jazz man i will love him. I like his personality and the desire to play defense. The funny thing is he has almost the same physical measurement to george hill.

Big difference in weight. Hill is listed at 188, Donovan at 210 and isn't yet 21 years old.

He shot in the 90th percentile on uncontested 3s during his sophomore season. He's also shown the ability to hit some really difficult 3s (step back, crossover type ****). He's an underrated shooter IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app
Inclined to agree. It starts with catch-and-shoot, and those are the shots you need to be able to hit anyway. I love how up-and-down he gets.

He does have a nice shooting form getting the ball out of his hands quickly and has a nice arc to his shot

This is what I meant when I said in my scouting report/notes I said that I won't be surprised if he gets to shoot 40% from 3 at some point, even though his % right now don't indicate that. His shot is extremely quick and smooth. If he improves his shot selection. I think he has a chance to be a very good shooter.

I just remembered Louisville was the school that got caught for hosting recruiting visits with hookers. I wonder how many recruit hookers Mitchell smashed at Louisville.

I'm not sure this has been discussed yet. And yes I know it doesn't have anything to do with Mitchell, but I wasn't sure where else to post.

Spence Checketts of 1280 the zone posted on Twitter yesterday that two other names that the Jazz strongly considered on draft night were OG Anunoby and Frank Jackson.

I just remembered Louisville was the school that got caught for hosting recruiting visits with hookers. I wonder how many recruit hookers Mitchell smashed at Louisville.
Quin knows.