What's new

The Lakers are Going to End up as the #7 Seed

It doesn't look like the Lakers will hold the #5 seed. Their next 3 games are the Clippers, Blazers and Suns.
Mavs have a pretty easy schedule to finish and hold the tie-breaker over the Lakers.
Lakers looking like they'll end up 6th or 7th. If they end up 7th, the play-in game could drop them to 8th.

I think the Nuggets are going to ease up and chill their way into the 4th seed in order to avoid the Lakers.
That would give the 3rd seed to the Clippers.

Jazz still should want the #1 seed if they can pull it off.

AD goes out with an ankle injury... game tomorrow at Portland... Lakers gonna be the 7.

Back spasms apparently.

It's getting harder and harder for me to see the Lakers being anything more than a shell of themselves in the 1st round.

This is why I wanted them in the first round. They don't have time to play into game shape. They will be a disjointed mess in that first series. Chance to pounce on them since we will be firing on all cylinders. But catch them in the WCF with a couple series to get their footing and they will be far more dangerous.

LeBron is really ready to quit on this season
I think there is something more here... like he’s more hurt than they are reporting. Getting Lakers in the first round is no longer the worst thing. AD tweaked his ankle and has back spasms... coming off the Achilles thing too... they are playing a dangerous game there.

I think there is something more here... like he’s more hurt than they are reporting. Getting Lakers in the first round is no longer the worst thing. AD tweaked his ankle and has back spasms... coming off the Achilles thing too... they are playing a dangerous game there.
I think LeBron knows the Lakers aren't going to win it this year, and his camp is feeding Woj all this "lebron cant get healthy 100 percent this year, will play with discomfort" to get the injury excuses lined up.

I get that NBA teams want their injured players to be part of the team and all, but I never really understood that so many travel. Traveling takes time and isn't great for the body. I'm not sure dragging injured players along on road trips is good for their recovery. Of course, not being on the bench against LAC is different.

LeBron is really ready to quit on this season
I remember when he quit on the Cavs...

I will never forget.

He's a guy who can win games all by himself and in his last playoff series before he left the Cavs the first time he decided he didn't want to win any games for them.

That is and always will be who he is to me.

Just like Korver will always be the guy who pulled shots to get the single season 3pt% record in a game where his team needed him to take wide open 3pt shots to get on the top end of the bracket.

That's bad juju for the Lakers.

Its bad news for the jazz

Lakers will be back to normal. Unless they bounced in the play IN tournament.
Kind of torn on this. On one hand I could see us putting a lot of strain on an injured squad by making them work but I could also see LAL finding their grove and putting us in a terrible position very early in the hunt.

No matter who they play in the first round there is no way the lakers when a ring this year.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz