What's new

The new Jazz

Why doesnt every NBA player wear knee braces then if they are such a proven commodity?

There are actually some studies that say knee braces lead to an increased injury risk. Go look it up for yourself dude. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3445064/
That study was done on football players not basketball players, so I don't think it's a good study to justify your opinion. And I noticed one major study did show 20-30 % reduction in injuries to the MCL, though others did not see a significant difference.

That study was done on football players not basketball players, so I don't think it's a good study to justify your opinion. And I noticed one major study did show 20-30 % reduction in injuries to the MCL, though others did not see a significant difference.
Yes, one of the five studies showed a small reduction while two of them showed an injury increase.

And both are contact sports. MCL is a contact injury. These are not ACL injuries which are largely non-contact. MCL are almost always caused by someone falling into the side of your knee, which happens in football and basketball.

And this isn't my opinion. There is no conclusive evidence that says they prevent injuries. It's fact.

We can bump this and the DM isn’t athletic thread when Rudy is back and dominating. I love that we take one weird game and then say one of our cornerstones is disposable gtfoh with that.

Not disposable, but it's interesting that both he and Derrick might be out for a bit right as we go up against strong opponents... The new Jazz. I'm interested to see how it goes.

Every player is different. Rudy is a tall long person. His body isn't going to hold up when he gets hit low. He needs extra support. If you haven't seen him play and cringe when he gets hit I'd be surprised. He obviously could benefit from it.
My brother is the same shape as Rudy and his knees were destroyed in high school and college. Now he only plays with braces. He's not been hurt since.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Do they kill his mobility though? Common sense says no cloth based brace is going to protect a joint that gets hit with 500 lbs of pressure from an NBA player falling on him.

Do they kill his mobility though? Common sense says no cloth based brace is going to protect a joint that gets hit with 500 lbs of pressure from an NBA player falling on him.
Precisely. And will the lack of mobility actually lead to another injury? If the brace is too restrictive, it may cause injury elsewhere.

Last year we had what, 51 wins with Gobert and Favors? So why can't they play together this year?
Favors only played in 50 games. And - please someone double check this - they were on the court together for 540 mins. So only 11 mins in the games Favors played. In the playoffs, I don't think they played any minutes together.
So what worked for 51 wins was more dependent on Johnson or even Diaw playing with Favors OR Gobert, not the two together.

I think Rudy is disposable. I know, feels like I have a common cold, but is perceived as AIDES. Must be a Utah County mentality thingy. Don't know.
You have some kind of obsession with me which doesn't make sense to me since I go out of my way to either ignore you or stick to the issues in a way that most don't around here.

I guess some of my razzing of you a decade ago cut that deep. I'm trying to be better, but it appears you're trying to be better at trolling so keep having a blast with that I guess.

The only thing positive about Gobert missing time is it lets Favors look way better, which is great for his trade value.

You have some kind of obsession with me which doesn't make sense to me since I go out of my way to either ignore you or stick to the issues in a way that most don't around here.

I guess some of my razzing of you a decade ago cut that deep. I'm trying to be better, but it appears you're trying to be better at trolling so keep having a blast with that I guess.
Nah, dude. I like most of your posts.

I know one dude who wore braces on both legs. He totally balled out and became a hero runner, going coast-to-coast multiple times until one day he’d conquered enough and just went home. That was after he wore the braces, though.

Lol

I just found out how to see posts from people I have on ignore and so I checked to see who you were talking to/about.

I recommend to put that dude on ignore. The new ignore is awesome! It’s like the poster doesn’t even exist.

I just found out how to see posts from people I have on ignore and so I checked to see who you were talking to/about.

I recommend to put that dude on ignore. The new ignore is awesome! It’s like the poster doesn’t even exist.

Dude, put on your big boy pants. You put me on ignore cause you can't handle game by game assessments. :'(

Why doesnt every NBA player wear knee braces then if they are such a proven commodity?

There are actually some studies that say knee braces lead to an increased injury risk. Go look it up for yourself dude. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3445064/

LOL- I think Archie is just a hater. He hates everything. He even hates on the people and players he likes, a la Mitchell.

Someone needs to buy Gobert ankle, knee, hip, shoulder, and elbow braces for christmas. The guy is becoming injury prone.

Or we could just make him a super-sub, right?

Thats about as stupid as saying brushing your teeth doesn't keep them healthy. Also wiping doesn't keep your undies clean either huh.

what's as stupid as saying Rudy should be a super-sub off the bench?

Or we could just make him a super-sub, right?
The way he's been playing this year it makes a ton of sense. You can't deny the Jazz have played the best ball without him. Favors Gobert or Rubio. 1 can't be a starter. Pick 1.