What's new

The new Jazz

The way he's been playing this year it makes a ton of sense. You can't deny the Jazz have played the best ball without him. Favors Gobert or Rubio. 1 can't be a starter. Pick 1.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Rubio. That was super easy. Potentially solves the problem, puts the ball in Donovan Mitchell’s hands more and (hopefully) puts the emphasis on getting back to that stifling defense that the Jazz had to finish the end of the 2014/15 season.

If anybody should be a “super sub” IMO it’s Ricky. Think he’d be great coming off the bench and working with Favors or Gobert at the 5 and 3 other shooters. That’s what I’d do. If the Jazz could figure out a way to make the “Wasatch Front” work. . . they’d be unique in a league that emphasizes offensive output and playing fast. I think there’s potential for a lot of success with that group used differently than it has been.

The way he's been playing this year it makes a ton of sense. You can't deny the Jazz have played the best ball without him. Favors Gobert or Rubio. 1 can't be a starter. Pick 1.

The Jazz have clearly picked Favors lmao. They are just waiting on the trade deadline.

ok. Guess what, Gobert aint the guy I'm picking in scenarios 1 - 10.

Thanks for nearly doubling-down on the dumbest thing ever said on this site.

Rubio. That was super easy. Potentially solves the problem, puts the ball in Donovan Mitchell’s hands more and (hopefully) puts the emphasis on getting back to that stifling defense that the Jazz had to finish the end of the 2014/15 season.

If anybody should be a “super sub” IMO it’s Ricky. Think he’d be great coming off the bench and working with Favors or Gobert at the 5 and 3 other shooters. That’s what I’d do. If the Jazz could figure out a way to make the “Wasatch Front” work. . . they’d be unique in a league that emphasizes offensive output and playing fast. I think there’s potential for a lot of success with that group used differently than it has been.
That's what I've been saying. Approved.

I generally like the sentiment of getting Donovan the ball, but I'm not sure benching Ricky and starting Donovan at PG is the answer. His shooting #'s drop off pretty significantly when he's our primary ball handler. Might be coincidence, might be growing pains, but he hasn't shown me he's a surefire starting PG yet. Plus, he's not shy - he still gets plenty of shots up playing off of the ball.

Personally, I really like the idea of and Exum/Mitchell positionless backcourt next season, with Exum handling a lot of primary PG duties but the two being fairly interchangeable.

Ricky's lack of shooting ability and chemistry with Rudy are pretty soul crushing at this point.

The Jazz have clearly picked Favors lmao. They are just waiting on the trade deadline.
Just like they did with Millsap and Jefferson. What if No one offers what Lindsey wants? Lindsey is notorious for letting players leave with no return.

Just like they did with Millsap and Jefferson. What if No one offers what Lindsey wants? Lindsey is notorious for letting players leave with no return.

And your point is what? We should trade/bury Rudy because Favors is going to leave and/or because Rubio is obviously critical to our success?

Solid argument.

Jesus Christo, we didn’t get nothing for Millsap and Jefferson. What was that cap space used for?

I will take my answer off the air, thank you.