What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

No we don’t, and that has never been a thing (hi: the post-season).

Additionally, there is the play-in tournament.

I don’t know how it would work, but it’s single elimination. I would hope they drop the regular season number of games to help accommodate as there are already too many games.
Yes we do need teams to play the same amount of regular season games.

Yes we do need teams to play the same amount of regular season games.
Again, that is already not the case and it’s been great.

The tournament would be baked into the regular season, so all but four teams would play the same amount of games. The final four would play 83.

What is the point of an in-season tournament? Yes let's add more games, especially meaningless ones, when we already "rest" our best players 1/3 of the time already. I get it brings in more cash, but, well, now that I say it, that fully explains it. Money grabs are tight!

The tournament would be baked into the regular season, so all but four teams would play the same amount of games. The final four would play 83.
Again that is the case. All teams play 82 regular season games. The play in games aren't regular season games as you seem to be implying. This in season tournament just seems stupid with the only benefit being the extra 500k per player in the championship game of the tournament.

For regular season it is absolutely the case. What are you talking about? Other than the play-in and that technically comes AFTER the regular season. To determine seeding every team needs to play the same number of games, or you have to have more confusing rules about figuring it out.

Can you imagine drafting Dillon Mitchell? That's the kind of **** that would happen if there was no one and done rule.
Yep, every year we have guys fall off a cliff. Lively may have been a top 5 pick if he could have gone straight from highschool.

Yep, every year we have guys fall off a cliff. Lively may have been a top 5 pick if he could have gone straight from highschool.
Lively is actually good though and has a chance at being top 5 worthy.

Mitchell is a guy who could probably couldn't see a NBA floor in years.

Dallas is deconstructing before our eyes. Imagine if they hadn’t traded for Kyrie, but instead kept DFS, Dinwiddie and their draft picks. Bet they’d easily be in the playoffs instead of outside with a slim chance to make it anymore.
To be fair, there is only a few games separating the 7 thru 11 (oh thank Heaven?). That said, I still don't think of Kidd as much of a coach.

That wasn't hard. By that point it was obvious Quinn was incapable of making meaningful adjustments so if you found a way to get under our skin, literally nothing would be done to counter it.
Like his challenges, he had secret weapons that he was waiting to deploy until the time was right. It’s just that he must be bad at timing, or something.

I would’ve loved to see Donovan and Lauri play together. I know there’s a lot on here that couldn’t wait to get rid of Spida, but I sure wish they could’ve gone after Markkanen as buyers instead of sellers.