What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

themanknownassting

I’m interested to see how the NBA handles this. You don’t suspend Lebron and you put out a very negative message for the league. And if you suspend him for 1 game let’s say, you show other players that you can punch someone and only get suspended one game. All you have to do is make it look accidental.

framer

I’m interested to see how the NBA handles this. You don’t suspend Lebron and you put out a very negative message for the league. And if you suspend him for 1 game let’s say, you show other players that you can punch someone and only get suspended one game. All you have to do is make it look accidental.
What did they give Malone for doing Thomas? That seems like a good penalty here, especially considering how much more peaceful the league is supposed to be. Wasn't it like 4 games?

Hearsky

What did they give Malone for doing Thomas? That seems like a good penalty here, especially considering how much more peaceful the league is supposed to be. Wasn't it like 4 games?
One game, if I remember correctly. I was at that game. About 15 rows up behind the Jazz bench. Perfect view of the hit. I most remember Darrell Walker going crazy.

SoUjazzfan

I'm under the same assumption as most everyone else that LeBron walks away with very minor repercussions. It will be interesting to see what Stewart gets. Maybe they go easy due to the fact LeBron gets away with the punch.

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
I cannot see that clearly in those videos but wasn't it an elbow? I didn't see him use his fist, I see him throwing an elbow like he is trying to clear space and catching the guy in the face with it. In looking I can see how the league will call it incidental but excessive contact and fine him $15k or something with no other repercussions, if even that.

Edit: I went and watched a couple of angles on youtube. It is definitely an elbow, and directly after LeBron holds out his hand and walks toward Stewart as if to see if he is ok. Nothing menacing in LeBron's approach. No matter the damage, the diva will get nothing out of this.