What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

I like BK. Admittedly I haven't eaten there in a long time. When I was in high school I ate there a ton. They had a 50 cent cheeseburger deal that lasted forever, I could eat 3 or 4 of them at a time.

McDonald’s is a quality (with regard to consistency) and efficiency marvel. Even their bathrooms are semi reliable in some of the dirtholes I travel to.
McDonald’s gets too much crap because there’s a societal expectation to treat it as such. I’d be curious if you could truly unbiased people, like if you had a parallel world that doesn’t have McDonald’s and you introduce it, what people actually say. I also think it’s funny when people try to compare it to other burger places or say they aren’t burgers, to me it’s like people saying Taco Bell isn’t Mexican. I never eat at Taco Bell when I’m craving Mexican, and I don’t eat at McDonald’s when I’m craving a genuine burger. I eat there when I’m craving McDonald’s.

McDonald’s gets too much crap because there’s a societal expectation to treat it as such. I’d be curious if you could truly unbiased people, like if you had a parallel world that doesn’t have McDonald’s and you introduce it, what people actually say. I also think it’s funny when people try to compare it to other burger places or say they aren’t burgers, to me it’s like people saying Taco Bell isn’t Mexican. I never eat at Taco Bell when I’m craving Mexican, and I don’t eat at McDonald’s when I’m craving a genuine burger. I eat there when I’m craving McDonald’s.
It's bad.

A McDonalds "Value Meal" is like 14 dollars. Know your place in the fast food order of things. If McDonalds isn't the cheap option, what is the point? I don't want your five dollar shake in a plastic Starbucks cup. I want the old cheap shake made from something probably non-dairy in the paper cup. Literally every thing you are supposed to be good at I can get from In N, Out and it is 5 times better at 60% of their price point.

If you find yourself at Burger King, the only move is the onion rings with the "angry sauce" and the classic Chicken sandwich ( the oblong one that they cut in half.)

Thus endeth my TED talk. . .

OKC have been patient many years getting picks until they finally got a team they can build on to compete. They are probably one piece away to be a contender now.
SA will have to be patient or agressive on the market. Wemby is unique but he can't do all . MJ, Kobe, have to wait to have good players around them to win.
Don't forget, OKC (or SEA, whatever) drafted Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and James Harden in successive years, and STILL couldn't seal the deal.

Burger King does suck
I like their croissanwich breakfast sandwiches though

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Oh, sorry to talk basketball in the middle of your burger rankings.

Of major fast food chains, I think Carls Jr has the best actual burger, really, followed by McDonalds, then probably Wendys and BK? But find your regional, that's where the best stuff is. In Salt Lake, I think it was Crown Burger, or Apollo, B&D... really any of those ones that was started by Greek immigrants and makes a pastrami burger.

Here in Oregon, I gotta say, it's Burgerville. Not the best burger I've ever had, but the best fast food burger. Probably better than Crown, except that they don't have pastrami burgers...

A McDonalds "Value Meal" is like 14 dollars. Know your place in the fast food order of things. If McDonalds isn't the cheap option, what is the point? I don't want your five dollar shake in a plastic Starbucks cup. I want the old cheap shake made from something probably non-dairy in the paper cup. Literally every thing you are supposed to be good at I can get from In N, Out and it is 5 times better at 60% of their price point.
My beef with McDonald’s is always when they’re trying to be something they’re not or try to capture a market that won’t consume their food, only to alienate their base. It’s not healthy food, stop trying. If I wanted something healthy, I ain’t going to McDonald’s no matter how hard they try. Also don’t try to be fancy. Again, if I want fancy, it’s not McDonald’s. What they need to do is just make sure that what they do is actually done. That’s it. i.e. don’t screw up the order, work on freshness, timeliness, actually filling the fry box, and not trying to sell me on healthy and fancy.

My beef with McDonald’s is always when they’re trying to be something they’re not or try to capture a market that won’t consume their food, only to alienate their base. It’s not healthy food, stop trying. If I wanted something healthy, I ain’t going to McDonald’s no matter how hard they try. Also don’t try to be fancy. Again, if I want fancy, it’s not McDonald’s. What they need to do is just make sure that what they do is actually done. That’s it. i.e. don’t screw up the order, work on freshness, timeliness, actually filling the fry box, and not trying to sell me on healthy and fancy.
It seems to me that that's mostly what they've tried to do since the pandemic. Yeah, they still have some "fancy" items (I tried a latte from McD's once. UGH.) but it's mostly just "Pick your burger, what size fries? OK, GTFO."

I've always been a fan of De'Aaron Fox and it's wild to see him go from being a good player to a great one. Dude is shooting 49% from the field and 30+ PPG all while having a nice assist to turnover ratio.

If you find yourself at Burger King, the only move is the onion rings with the "angry sauce" and the classic Chicken sandwich ( the oblong one that they cut in half.)

Thus endeth my TED talk. . .
Sodas and fries at McDonald’s are the best in the world. Their breakfast is awesome. If you want cheap and fast burger it’s fine. In n out is awesome but sometimes the lines are too long and their fries are trash.

They have a new spinoff coming that will be similar to Dutch Bros. I think it might actually work well. I think this is generally correct though. The only thing McDonald’s sucks at is making sure the ice cream machine works.

Sodas and fries at McDonald’s are the best in the world. Their breakfast is awesome. If you want cheap and fast burger it’s fine. In n out is awesome but sometimes the lines are too long and their fries are trash.

I didn't even know there was a soda machine ranking.

I didn't even know there was a soda machine ranking.
There’s actually a certain way that the Coke products are mixed at McDonald’s (forget what, I’m sure you could find it on a google search) that they had an exclusive agreement with Coke that no other restaurants could mix them that way. It is true that their sodas are better, but while that was a staple of my McDonald’s consumption in the past, I haven’t been drinking sodas for about 20 years, so I no longer have a dog in the fight.

There’s actually a certain way that the Coke products are mixed at McDonald’s (forget what, I’m sure you could find it on a google search) that they had an exclusive agreement with Coke that no other restaurants could mix them that way. It is true that their sodas are better, but while that was a staple of my McDonald’s consumption in the past, I haven’t been drinking sodas for about 20 years, so I no longer have a dog in the fight.

I see. That's interesting. But I'm like you, having stopped drinking soda a couple of decades ago.