What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Draymond is an idiot. He just had to go poke the Silver bear and now, instead of getting the kind of suspension where you just get sent home and come back when it's done, he's getting the kind where he won't come back until he thinks about what he's done and shows he's been rehabilitated. Silver isn't angry, he's disappointed. That's way worse.

I grew up with a father whose background is in psychology and philosophy. I was never punished in a traditional sense, but when I was a kid, I sometimes wished for that instead. One time when I was 18 or 19, I borrowed my dad's car. No biggie, I did it all the time and my parents were happy that I was responsible enough to never get into any trouble with it. My parents were poor immigrants with multiple jobs and one of those involved my dad delivering papers at 3 in the morning. One night, I was hanging out with a sorority girl that I quite liked, and we ended up talking until the wee, wee hours of the morning. This was platonic at this point, so there wasn't even kissing. I tried to get home before my dad left for his paper route, but I was off by 15-20 minutes. Not a big deal for my dad. He simply took my mum's way nicer car and did the route and came back before she had to go to work. By that point, I had obviously returned with the old beater.

I returned hours before, but had stayed up. My mother had not gone to bed until I came home because she did not hear me open the garage and as all mothers do, assumed I had died. This was back in the day when you had cellphones, but you weren't so attached to them you'd carry it everywhere. Mostly because it could only make phone calls and play an LCD version of Snake. Of course I had left mine at home that night so my mother couldn't reach me. My father came home and wasn't angry at all. He wasn't even disappointed. He knew I was fine and he assumed that a girl had something to do with this. I asked if I was going to lose my car privileges and when I could take the car again. He said I could take it at any point I felt like I deserve to have the car back, even that afternoon. I know my father, and he honestly meant that. It was not a test. He did mention that while he hadn't been worried, my mother had.

The same mother whose anxiety and depression got so bad less than a year prior to this that she had to be hospitalized for a week and who was still in counselling and trying out different medications. Being a teenager, I kinda wished he'd just said I couldn't use the car for a week and hit me with a belt. Instead, I got my own conscience to punish me over the next weeks. It was a month before I could look myself in the mirror and take the car again. My dad didn't bring any of this up when I did, and acted no differently at any point. You better believe that I never did this again. Angelina Jolie could've offered to help inspect the back seat of that Suzuki and I would've said no if it was any later than 1am.

TL;DR: Draymond will be wishing he was just sent home for 15 or 20 games and got to come back without having to do anything. He's not smart enough to fool psychologists.

Ok, so I might be the only person in the world who actually believes Draymond didn't mean to hit Nurkic. After watching the replay and hearing what Draymond is saying, I actually somewhat believe him. He says that he was trying to exaggerate contact in order to get a call. If you watch the replay, it doesn't make sense at first, but if you consider that Draymond was anticipating contact then I can almost see it.

I don't feel bad for Draymond if he's telling the truth and no one believes it. He's earned every bit of mistrust he is getting.
Dude you telling me the speed that hand comes in looks natural and incidental? Maybe if that hand was held and you rip it off, but not if its loose. He was hitting Nurkic 100% and accelerated that hand he swung.

Hmm... something super fishy about Pistons on/off stats.

Top minute players (min. 300 minutes) and their on/off +-:
Cade Cunningham 835 minutes +6.3
Isaiah Stewart 738 minutes +13.9
Ausar Thompson 664 minutes -1.1
Killian Hayes 624 minutes +4.3
Jaden Ivey 469 minutes +0.9
Jalen Duren 404 minutes +4.4
Marcus Sasser 387 minutes -6.6
Marvin Bagley III 366 minutes +6.4
Alec Burks 314 minutes +2.5

I've never seen anything like that. Like 7 of 9 most used players on + side and quite clearly as well, while just one of the 9 is clearly on minus. And in the worst team in the league. Like some of those guys BPMs and such suck monkey balls, but on/off loves them all.

What the hell? Did they break that stat by being too bad collectively or something? Like the starters suck and the bench sucks even more so the starters get good on/off stats and then some super low minute getters bump the bench stats and are like -60 in on/off?

Dude you telling me the speed that hand comes in looks natural and incidental? Maybe if that hand was held and you rip it off, but not if its loose. He was hitting Nurkic 100% and accelerated that hand he swung.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm wrong now. I thought about deleting the post, but I'll just own up to it. When I heard Draymond say that if he meant to hit him he wouldn't apologize, I found that believable since I've never heard him apologize before, so I watched the incident a second time and thought it was possible he got off balance and out of control.

Going back and watching a 3rd time and yeah, it's pretty clear he was in control and knew exactly where Nurkic was.

Hmm... something super fishy about Pistons on/off stats.

Top minute players (min. 300 minutes) and their on/off +-:
Cade Cunningham 835 minutes +6.3
Isaiah Stewart 738 minutes +13.9
Ausar Thompson 664 minutes -1.1
Killian Hayes 624 minutes +4.3
Jaden Ivey 469 minutes +0.9
Jalen Duren 404 minutes +4.4
Marcus Sasser 387 minutes -6.6
Marvin Bagley III 366 minutes +6.4
Alec Burks 314 minutes +2.5

I've never seen anything like that. Like 7 of 9 most used players on + side and quite clearly as well, while just one of the 9 is clearly on minus. And in the worst team in the league. Like some of those guys BPMs and such suck monkey balls, but on/off loves them all.

What the hell? Did they break that stat by being too bad collectively or something? Like the starters suck and the bench sucks even more so the starters get good on/off stats and then some super low minute getters bump the bench stats and are like -60 in on/off?

Yeah, you are finding the problem with on off. What you found actually makes a lot of sense.

I gotta say that Bob Myers looks like a genious right about now even if he wasnt even with Warriors when they drafted Curry.

Dude retired at the perfect moment with one of the best and most pristine CV's of any basketball executive ever and he can wash his hands from this Warriors decline, especially since Draymond is now becoming a fall guy (along with Klay with his poor play).

Dude just relaxes on a comfy TV job on his own terms, and waits for the next best situation to take over, where he can probably name his price as well.

GSW got the problem many winning team got in the past. Accept to let you core players go and move to next gen. IT's hard to make. Stef, Klay, Dray have been to 3 star players for so many years. But obviously, only Stef remain at his fantastic level. Klay really struggle and i suspect Dray to getting down as well, which may be a reason why he act to badly. Many good players can't accept when they start to down....

Draymond is an idiot. He just had to go poke the Silver bear and now, instead of getting the kind of suspension where you just get sent home and come back when it's done, he's getting the kind where he won't come back until he thinks about what he's done and shows he's been rehabilitated. Silver isn't angry, he's disappointed. That's way worse.

I grew up with a father whose background is in psychology and philosophy. I was never punished in a traditional sense, but when I was a kid, I sometimes wished for that instead. One time when I was 18 or 19, I borrowed my dad's car. No biggie, I did it all the time and my parents were happy that I was responsible enough to never get into any trouble with it. My parents were poor immigrants with multiple jobs and one of those involved my dad delivering papers at 3 in the morning. One night, I was hanging out with a sorority girl that I quite liked, and we ended up talking until the wee, wee hours of the morning. This was platonic at this point, so there wasn't even kissing. I tried to get home before my dad left for his paper route, but I was off by 15-20 minutes. Not a big deal for my dad. He simply took my mum's way nicer car and did the route and came back before she had to go to work. By that point, I had obviously returned with the old beater.

I returned hours before, but had stayed up. My mother had not gone to bed until I came home because she did not hear me open the garage and as all mothers do, assumed I had died. This was back in the day when you had cellphones, but you weren't so attached to them you'd carry it everywhere. Mostly because it could only make phone calls and play an LCD version of Snake. Of course I had left mine at home that night so my mother couldn't reach me. My father came home and wasn't angry at all. He wasn't even disappointed. He knew I was fine and he assumed that a girl had something to do with this. I asked if I was going to lose my car privileges and when I could take the car again. He said I could take it at any point I felt like I deserve to have the car back, even that afternoon. I know my father, and he honestly meant that. It was not a test. He did mention that while he hadn't been worried, my mother had.

The same mother whose anxiety and depression got so bad less than a year prior to this that she had to be hospitalized for a week and who was still in counselling and trying out different medications. Being a teenager, I kinda wished he'd just said I couldn't use the car for a week and hit me with a belt. Instead, I got my own conscience to punish me over the next weeks. It was a month before I could look myself in the mirror and take the car again. My dad didn't bring any of this up when I did, and acted no differently at any point. You better believe that I never did this again. Angelina Jolie could've offered to help inspect the back seat of that Suzuki and I would've said no if it was any later than 1am.

TL;DR: Draymond will be wishing he was just sent home for 15 or 20 games and got to come back without having to do anything. He's not smart enough to fool psychologists.
And the warriors have to be way more disappointed. They just signed him to a big new contact last summer in the hopes of one last run.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Don't think that's the issue. They can't defend anybody
Fans are really down on DJM, especially his defense. Its weird since they were hyped about him early on.

But imo their real weakness is lack of bigger wings and thus also lack of ability to defend bigger wings. Their struggles really started when Jalen Johnson got injured, who was really their only guy capable of playing 4 and bothering starter quality big wings. They just lost all depth at that role when they gave away Collins.

They got only 5 guys taller than 6-7 in their roster. Jalen Johnson (great and flexible, but injured), Clint Capela (pure center), OO (pure center, backup quality), Bruno Fernandez (scrub), Mohammed Gueye (rookie).

Fans are really down on DJM, especially his defense. Its weird since they were hyped about him early on.

But imo their real weakness is lack of bigger wings and thus also lack of ability to defend bigger wings. Their struggles really started when Jalen Johnson got injured, who was really their only guy capable of playing 4 and bothering starter quality big wings. They just lost all depth at that role when they gave away Collins.

They got only 5 guys taller than 6-7 in their roster. Jalen Johnson (great and flexible, but injured), Clint Capela (pure center), OO (pure center, backup quality), Bruno Fernandez (scrub), Mohammed Gueye (rookie).
I'm gonna need all that negative energy fans had about the Rudy trade for the Murray trade. The Hawks mortgaged a good chunk of their assets to be a below .500 team.

I just hope the Draymond suspension isnt some dumb **** where they make him take a fake anger management class for a week then return after missing 3 games

I feel dumb but I'm still interested in what DeAndte Hunter looks away from the Hawks
He’s the new Tobias Harris. Someone will talk themselves into him. I don’t think he’s much but also wouldn’t be shocked if he leveled up after playing with Trae.

Trae is tremendous but if you’ve played much you know playing with guys that control the ball that much is joyless. Then Murray gets what’s left after that and Hunter gets to be Royce.