What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Anthony Black had a good game last night and played what i assume is a season high in minutes.
28 minutes. 5-8 from the field. 3-5 from three!. 9 rebounds! 4 assists and zero turnovers. 13 points. has to be his best game of his career
I saw some of that game and he was good, but he's had better games. Currently he is making his biggest impact on defense and yesterday he was just ok on that end.

Cavs have big issues. Hopefully they keep Donovan so his value drops and they get less for him when they move him this summer. They will get less and also have a transition year. Garland, Allen are guys that regularly miss 20 games. Mobley hasn't taken the steps needed. If they don't hit a homerun in a Don trade that pick will be in the late lotto next year.
Cavs got to trade Allen and Donovan and build around Mobley/Garland.

Black has been pretty solid as the starter this year. He's a good defender and generally a smart player, but his shooting and ball handling really leave a lot to be desired. That's the biggest reason he's got no role on the offensive end. I think he will be good, but tough to be a legit starting guard if he can't shoot.

Black has been pretty solid as the starter this year. He's a good defender and generally a smart player, but his shooting and ball handling really leave a lot to be desired. That's the biggest reason he's got no role on the offensive end. I think he will be good, but tough to be a legit starting guard if he can't shoot.
Dyson Daniels 2.0

I think it was a good trade. They were a great regular season team last year and they got unlucky running into Don's kryptonite.

Now they just have terrible injury luck.
If I recall correctly they tended to beat the teams below them consistently but struggled against better teams last year, which is not a great recipe for the playoffs. Obviously this year they’ve been very unlucky with injuries, but I don’t think their team is built for deep playoff success.

If I recall correctly they tended to beat the teams below them consistently but struggled against better teams last year, which is not a great recipe for the playoffs. Obviously this year they’ve been very unlucky with injuries, but I don’t think their team is built for deep playoff success.
Yeah.

They were 30-5 against teams below .500, and 21-26 against teams at or above .500. (For context, the Jazz last season were 22-29 against teams at or above .500).

This season so far, they are 7-1 against teams below .500 and 6-11 against teams at or above .500.

This kid is just a killer. He's been shockingly good. I have to eat some crow – I thought he'd be an awkward tweener in the NBA, but he's already proved he can easily play SF, SG and even small ball PF in the league. Much quicker and bouncier (and with higher level ballhandling) than I thought based on his college career.

I guess Jaquez is the type of guy whose game really blossoms when they start playing with professionals. He fits right in with Miami's vets.

Right now him and Chet are my two frontrunners for ROY. It's a travesty if Wemby gets it.

Still shocked teh Hornets are going through the PR hit of playing Miles Bridges (who is a UFA next season) to be a team that has no chance of making the play in.

Yall see the Ant abortion stuff on teh webz? Dude needs to have those conversations over the phone… don’t put that in print.