What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Yeah, defense. Think he was also a really bad rim finisher (not fact checked) and was very on ball dominant.

I think his defense has been much better than projected. He's not a lock down defender or anything, but he can fit within a defensive system and play his part in team defense. His defensive numbers I'm looking at are pretty good. His defensive rating is 108, his fg% difference is -1.3, and his on/off defensive difference is -6.22.

Podz may be lacking in defense in some areas, and maybe those areas get put under a microscope in a playoff setting, but he does make up a lot of ground with his rebounding alone. The raw numbers are good…but GSW have a rebound percentage of nearly 6% better with him in the court. It’s not just surface level numbers. On top of that he’s a solid steals guy. He’s taking away so many possessions from the offense.

The regression on Bogey has been remarkable. Always been somewhat of a empty stats guy who had terrible advance numbers but he's not helping the Pistons at all. KO would have helped them ended the streak long ago.

The regression on Bogey has been remarkable. Always been somewhat of a empty stats guy who had terrible advance numbers but he's not helping the Pistons at all. KO would have helped them ended the streak long ago.
Can't even hit his FTs now

Ok, here's some tinfoil hat thinking.

I'm sure the league doesn't love the losing streak being the top NBA headline. I wonder if they helped nudge the OG trade to today so he wouldn't be available for the game against Detroit.

I'm going to predict that now that the losing streak is behind them that DET doesn't end up with the worst record at the end of the year.
That's not a bold prediction at all. Pistons historic losing streak stole all the headline but Spurs and Wizards are doing their thing this season as well. One had 5 wins and the other with 6. That's why I would question if it's even worth it to start the tank now cuz those three teams are already so far ahead of everyone else.