What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Boy is that Deni Avdija contract extension looking like a total steal. Not only do they lock him up for 4yrs but at a declining number. He has played really well all year but since the trade deadline he has been insane.

43pts, 15rbs, 3asts
25pts, 7rbs, 3asts
21pts, 13rbs, 5 asts
24pts, 11rbs, 4asts
I wish we had someone that good on the jazz

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
y
Did someone say he was?

Would you give up a first round pick for him though?
Don't play dumb. You said we wish we had someone as good as him. We do. We have someone better. If you are saying you wish we did then you are denying that Lauri is better

y
Don't play dumb. You said we wish we had someone as good as him. We do. We have someone better. If you are saying you wish we did then you are denying that Lauri is better
Nah. We have someone as good as Lauri. His name is Lauri.
I wish we had someone as good as Avdija too.

Also, the post I quoted was talking about Avdija since the trade deadline. You average out those numbers and they are better than Lauri has ever averaged.

Really though, do you think that Avdija isn't worth a first?

(Also, that was when I was doing my Cy/tremendous upside impression.)

Last edited:
anybody watched slam dunk? Nba should just abolish that contest. JB dunking over sitting holiday while mclung over shaq was funny as hell.

anybody watched slam dunk? Nba should just abolish that contest. JB dunking over sitting holiday while mclung over shaq was funny as hell.
It was a travesty in general. Really they need to just abolish all star weekend. It's a cash cow so they never will, but it's straight up embarrassing. But the dunk contest especially, was just a joke. Did they all get together and decide just to jump over people with pretty basic dunks, like as a show of solidarity or something? They've reached the creative limit of what one person can do in dunking a basketball, at least players who don't exclusively practice crazy dunks. Sure bring in some of those "and1" type guys that do nothing but dunk full time for a living and you'll get better dunks. But it's supposed to be NBA players showing their skills and for an NBA player we've just simply reached the limit of their combined creativity. Plus why does anyone want to watch a guy that can barely make the G league dunk? It's like a halftime show of some old lady with 5 trained poodles. It's cute and all but ultimately less than meaningless.

Conley extension is a great deal for the Wolves provided he stays healthy. I don’t think it kills us for 2025 cuz if he can’t stay healthy they are now locked in and are already so deep into the tax that maneuvering would be even harder. He’s also at that age where sometimes they fall off a cliff and are no longer playable as a starter.

Conley extension is a great deal for the Wolves provided he stays healthy. I don’t think it kills us for 2025 cuz if he can’t stay healthy they are now locked in and are already so deep into the tax that maneuvering would be even harder. He’s also at that age where sometimes they fall off a cliff and are no longer playable as a starter.
I agree with you. There is real risk as Mike is 36. However following him since he got trade, he is really taking care of his body so he should still be good for 2 years. And he is not playing the same way he was at Grizz. Now he just focus on passing, shoot 3, providing great defense but he avoid contact. And he got Rudy for set screen.
Minny may trade KAT next off season if they don't make a deep run this year which may help us for 2025.

If Cleveland were to trade Mitchell, what kind of return do we think they could get?

If Cleveland were to trade Mitchell, what kind of return do we think they could get?
A pretty good return but not as good as the return we got

Reeves and 3 picks from LA. Russel or Rui as filler.

Herro a pick and swaps from Miami. Jovic… maybe Heat put Jaquez in the deal.

NY platter of bad picks.

Brooklyn - Cam Johnson, 2-3 picks, young prospect.

The Miami trade is pretty bad. Only see that if Cavs valued Herro a bunch and Don demands he be moved there. I think LA gets Don or Trae and Brooklyn tries hard to get one of them.