What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Reeves and 3 picks from LA. Russel or Rui as filler.

Herro a pick and swaps from Miami. Jovic… maybe Heat put Jaquez in the deal.

NY platter of bad picks.

Brooklyn - Cam Johnson, 2-3 picks, young prospect.

The Miami trade is pretty bad. Only see that if Cavs valued Herro a bunch and Don demands he be moved there. I think LA gets Don or Trae and Brooklyn tries hard to get one of them.
It all depends on Mitchell. If he says he is not interested in going to any team except NY or whatever his value drops big time. He did us a favor of keeping quiet. I am not sure he will do that again if he wasnt happy about going to Cleveland. Lillard killed his value and still ended up elsewhere and I think the league has noticed how that turned out.

It all depends on Mitchell. If he says he is not interested in going to any team except NY or whatever his value drops big time. He did us a favor of keeping quiet. I am not sure he will do that again if he wasnt happy about going to Cleveland. Lillard killed his value and still ended up elsewhere and I think the league has noticed how that turned out.

Tbf, Mitchell had many years left on his deal when we traded him. Mitchell will effectively be on a one year deal next season which would cause much more anxiety for any team trading for him.

I see the Lillard situation differently, almost a counter example and one that was more reminiscent of Don when he was still on the Jazz. He had many years on his deal and effectively had no choice in where he went. How it panned out is ultimately irrelevant to how Mitchell will pan out. Fact is, players closer to the end of their deals have more choice and those on longer deals have less say in where they go.

IMO, the team to watch for is BKN. If they were smart, they would try to finesse and trade Mikal for Mitchell. BKN is one of the few teams that should feel good about re-signing Mitchell.

I know the TWolves will have an expensive team coming up, but they are number one in the West. KAT has had an awesome year. No chance they trade him for picks.

I know the TWolves will have an expensive team coming up, but they are number one in the West. KAT has had an awesome year. No chance they trade him for picks.
Yeah but there might be a deal where they break his deal into parts… wouldn’t have to be a 2 team deal or might have other steps.

Yeah but there might be a deal where they break his deal into parts… wouldn’t have to be a 2 team deal or might have other steps.

Maybe, but I was mostly replying to the idea that we have an especially good chance by returning their picks back. I think that's incorrect on multiple levels. They are not going to want picks and they probably don't even fancy their own picks because they envision themselves winning for a long time. The team that has the least amount of belief that those picks will end up good is probably Minnesota.

Maybe, but I was mostly replying to the idea that we have an especially good chance by returning their picks back. I think that's incorrect on multiple levels. They are not going to want picks and they probably don't even fancy their own picks because they envision themselves winning for a long time. The team that has the least amount of belief that those picks will end up good is probably Minnesota.
Yeah maybe so. I was more referring to the chance they move him. I think they may wait an extra year but the second apron will be punitive monetarily and from a roster construction viewpoint. I think the decision will rest on what’s out there and how successful they are in the postseason. I don’t want him so I’m happy to keep their picks.

I still think Boston is way ahead of wolves. Clippers and suns too.

I agree with you. I thking the real window for Wolves will be the next 2 years. As ANT is improving s lot. Will also depend on how KAT Rudy and mostly Mike aging. For this year a WCF will be a great start.