What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

yea i didn't realise he was 25 already. Clock is defn ticking if he's got so little to show for his career so far

NBA fans are freaking nuts these days. Clock is ticking on a guy who's 25? The average age of top-3 players by USG% on NBA title-winning teams this millennium is just under 28. The idea of a guy who's 25 leading a team to a title whilst not having multiple HOFers next to him is...completely fantastical. The average age of the All-NBA teams was almost 29 last year. That's actually less than the year before when it was over 30.

Most players peak at that age. At 25, Jimmy Butler had not even been an All-Star yet. Ditto Steph Curry. You can go down a level, as well. Guys like our very own Lauri or Brunson. Guys are playing at a very high level into their mid-30s, but fans encourage players to freak out and start looking for a new organization because they haven't won a title at 25? Even though no one leads a team to a title at 25?

Jumping Jehoshaphat.

NBA fans are freaking nuts these days. Clock is ticking on a guy who's 25? The average age of top-3 players by USG% on NBA title-winning teams this millennium is just under 28. The idea of a guy who's 25 leading a team to a title whilst not having multiple HOFers next to him is...completely fantastical. The average age of the All-NBA teams was almost 29 last year. That's actually less than the year before when it was over 30.

Most players peak at that age. At 25, Jimmy Butler had not even been an All-Star yet. Ditto Steph Curry. You can go down a level, as well. Guys like our very own Lauri or Brunson. Guys are playing at a very high level into their mid-30s, but fans encourage players to freak out and start looking for a new organization because they haven't won a title at 25? Even though no one leads a team to a title at 25?

Jumping Jehoshaphat.

lol hysterical overreaction much. Did i say a title ?? He has had 5-6 years of all star all NBA calibre play and pretty much zero to show for it in terms of being any kind of real serious threat to win at the highest level. And the clock is ticking on his time in Dallas if they aren't improving, this is reality in the current NBA environment of players forcing their way out of dead end situations. If you don't think that you're not paying attention. Or you're just a moron. I'd prefer players stay with their teams but this is the reality.

lol hysterical overreaction much. Did i say a title ?? He has had 5-6 years of all star all NBA calibre play and pretty much zero to show for it in terms of being any kind of real serious threat to win at the highest level.

Again, no team lead by a 22- or 23- or even 24-year old is a serious threat to win at the highest level. It doesn't matter if you've played 6 years in the NBA or 10 years in the NBA, you're not going to lead your team to a title until you're 27-28. Period. If LeBron couldn't do it, what sort of misguided audacity would lead anyone to think Luka could do it?

It doesn't matter what era we're in, there is nothing Luka or the people running the Mavs can do to win them the title next year, or even get to the Finals. Short of getting a player better than Luka, but then it wouldn't be Luka leading anyone to the title.

Again, no team lead by a 22- or 23- or even 24-year old is a serious threat to win at the highest level. It doesn't matter if you've played 6 years in the NBA or 10 years in the NBA, you're not going to lead your team to a title until you're 27-28. Period. If LeBron couldn't do it, what sort of misguided audacity would lead anyone to think Luka could do it?

It doesn't matter what era we're in, there is nothing Luka or the people running the Mavs can do to win them the title next year, or even get to the Finals. Short of getting a player better than Luka, but then it wouldn't be Luka leading anyone to the title.

you've not heard of Dwayne Wade ?

you've not heard of Dwayne Wade ?
When you need to go back 20 years and use the example of a man who had a teammate who was All-NBA 1st team that year, second in MVP voting the year before, and was only 33....well, it's not the greatest example, is it? I'm not even sure it's much of an outlier.

lol hysterical overreaction much. Did i say a title ?? He has had 5-6 years of all star all NBA calibre play and pretty much zero to show for it in terms of being any kind of real serious threat to win at the highest level. And the clock is ticking on his time in Dallas if they aren't improving, this is reality in the current NBA environment of players forcing their way out of dead end situations. If you don't think that you're not paying attention. Or you're just a moron. I'd prefer players stay with their teams but this is the reality.
I mean the clock is ticking on every player in the NBA if you look at it that way...

Jumping Jehoshaphat.
Don't take the name of Jehoshaphat in vain.

The Hawks today waived Patty Mills and signed Trent Forrest to a regular contract. This was necessary as Forrest was out of two way appearances. Hopefully Quin's pet got paid.
Trent knows where the bodies are buried.

Seriously though good for him. He’s fine and he gets to make a good living cuz he came in and worked. I wonder if JB had Forrest’s attitude if he would have been more successful.

I mean the clock is ticking on every player in the NBA if you look at it that way...

sure. Look i don't particularly agree with seeing things that way but .. if an all NBA type guy has been playing at that lever for what 6 years or so ?? and he's not seeming to be getting any closer to even getting past the first round the common perception rightly or wrongly is that the pressure may be starting to build for that team / situation. For example AD

sure. Look i don't particularly agree with seeing things that way but .. if an all NBA type guy has been playing at that lever for what 6 years or so ?? and he's not seeming to be getting any closer to even getting past the first round the common perception rightly or wrongly is that the pressure may be starting to build for that team / situation. For example AD
I mean, I think they have gotten closer this year. He has a 2nd star next to him, they drafted a center who is already very good as a rookie, they added two starter caliber players at the trade deadline, they added Exum who has been one of the best bench players in the NBA.

Things have been trending up in Dallas this year, so I dont see the need to hype up the "the clock is ticking" thing.

I mean, I think they have gotten closer this year. He has a 2nd star next to him, they drafted a center who is already very good as a rookie, they added two starter caliber players at the trade deadline, they added Exum who has been one of the best bench players in the NBA.

Things have been trending up in Dallas this year, so I dont see the need to hype up the "the clock is ticking" thing.

sure But they're still not close to homecourt for the playoffs and therefore still likely to exit in the first round ??? Kyrie is super injury prone and a weirdo ??