What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Those guys have really good trade value. Garland makes the most sense to move because Mitchell is at his best playing the point and dominating the ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Garland for Brandon Ingram deal this summer as long as they can agree to an extension with Ingram beforehand. I think Mitchell would be far more likely to sign an extension as well with Ingram on board. For the pelicans I think Garland is a great fit their young core.

Mobley will need to be paid his second contract in a year, and he hasn't shown offensive development so far. Jarrett Allen was healthier the past 2 seasons, but played 51 and 56 games the two seasons prior. Garland is a lower-end starting PG who doesn't put pressure on the rim and has a hard time beating bigger defenders. Collin Sexton just had an equally impactful season at half the salary.

I think the Cavs can get FRPs for their guys, or maybe they can make a lateral move somehow, but they're not in a position to change their outlook. They're a 1st or 2nd round out in the EC.

There is still so much to unlock with Evan Mobley. A big part of me wonders what he could do in a better org with better player development.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him become an all-NBA guy with a change of scenery.

Mobley will need to be paid his second contract in a year, and he hasn't shown offensive development so far. Jarrett Allen was healthier the past 2 seasons, but played 51 and 56 games the two seasons prior. Garland is a lower-end starting PG who doesn't put pressure on the rim and has a hard time beating bigger defenders. Collin Sexton just had an equally impactful season at half the salary.

I think the Cavs can get FRPs for their guys, or maybe they can make a lateral move somehow, but they're not in a position to change their outlook. They're a 1st or 2nd round out in the EC.
Garland is most definitely not a low end starting pg. He is a beast when he is primary ball handler. Unfortunately he isn't a good fit with Mitchell who is also at his best as the primary ball handler.

There is still so much to unlock with Evan Mobley. A big part of me wonders what he could do in a better org with better player development.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him become an all-NBA guy with a change of scenery.
I don't think it will take a change of scenery. I think he probably makes the all star game within the next 2 years.

Outside of Mitchell, the Cavs players don't have much trade value, tbh. They're not going to get a star back for Mobley, Garland or Jarrett Allen at this stage. The Jazz have their picks. They're going to need to trade Donovan and reboot. Donovan did his part, but the fit with Garland wasn't great and Evan Mobley just hasn't developed much offensively. I just don't see where this group has left to go.

Call it a swing and a miss.
Wut? Mobley, Allen, Garland all still have really good trade value

He's been in the league for 3 years already. Maybe he needs a change of scenery, but he's been pretty disappointing so far. He put up 12/8/2.7b this year.

Last edited:
Mobley's great already. He doesnt have all that much to unlock. He isnt an offensive player. He can get better on the margins, but I wouldnt expect a huge leap just because he changed teams.

He's in his 3rd year and in discussion for All-D 2nd team. He's not disappointing.

i think that's for the outlook that had him as some all world beast, which i certainly heard plenty of after his rookie season. Haven't watched him much tho, he seems like maybe a Tyson Chandler lite type ??

Knicks are my team I'm rooting for in these playoffs. I really enjoy watching their games

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

That toppin dunk was sick

Josh Hart is earning himself some money this postseason

He’s already signed long term. Thibs put a ring on it.
Dang then that other dude on the pacers just tried to beat toppins dunk

Last edited: