What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Jae Crowder protects the rim?
he doesn't protect the rim like a traditional big man. but he's more than capable to hold down the space behind whenever our big man left the paint so it's not an easy bucket giveaway and instead, buying us enough time for Rudy to recover and make the stop.

that's why it's called "secondary" rim protection. Royce is just too small for this job.

he doesn't protect the rim like a traditional big man. but he's more than capable to hold down the space behind whenever our big man left the paint so it's not an easy bucket giveaway and instead, buying us enough time for Rudy to recover and make the stop.

that's why it's called "secondary" rim protection. Royce is just too small for this job.
They’re half an inch in height difference and 10 pounds different in weight. I know, Royce doesn’t look as cool and he doesn’t have antics.

I don’t recall Ben Simmons injuring his shoulder trying to move Jae Crowder in the post either.

If you look at the list of the things that the Jazz currently lack on this roster, secondary rim protection, ability to disrupt the passing lane and get deflections, switch to guard multiple positions.

And you combine all these attributes into one player, you get...

Jae Crowder
Jesus Christ.

Jae is the most mid player in existence with good intagibles. I'm not sure he does a single thing you listed.

They’re half an inch in height difference and 10 pounds different in weight. I know, Royce doesn’t look as cool and he doesn’t have antics.

I don’t recall Ben Simmons injuring his shoulder trying to move Jae Crowder in the post either.
Crowder is actually 2 inches taller(6'6 vs royce 6'4) and yes 10lbs bigger. So my point stands. Royce just isn't big enough.

Even though Ben Simmons is a bitch and guarding him in the post is probably the last thing you need to worry about on winning a championship, the last time I checked he dropped 42 on us, which happens to be his career high. If there's one guy who exposed our weakness in lack of secondary rim protector that is Ben Simmons.

Crowder is actually 2 inches taller(6'6 vs royce 6'4) and yes 10lbs bigger. So my point stands. Royce just isn't big enough.

Even though Ben Simmons is a bitch and guarding him in the post is probably the last thing you need to worry about on winning a championship, the last time I checked he dropped 42 on us, which happens to be his career high. If there's one guy who exposed our weakness in lack of secondary rim protector that is Ben Simmons.
Nah, Crowder is 6'4 as well. Both are 6'6 in shoes.

Crowder also has an unusually small standing reach at 8'3.5

O'Neale has a longer wingspan and a higher standing reach. So stop saying stupid **** please.

Royce's size is fine. His rebounding is good... he's not as quick as I would like at times. There is also something to be said for a guy who knows his role and doesn't step outside of what he is great at. House is a great supplement to Royce.

We could use some functional size at the other positions. Bogey is not small but outside of guarding guys in the post he plays smaller than he is on defense.

Royce seems to be moving better lately... wonder if his knee is feeling better or if he was just slowed down by our general malaise.

And keep in mind we are not picking between Crowder and Royce, they could play together and did play together. Royce is a 3 who's too small to be a 4.

O'Neale has a longer wingspan and a higher standing reach. So stop saying stupid **** please.
Jae has a bigger attitude... and cool hair doe.

And keep in mind we are not picking between Crowder and Royce, they could play together and did play together. Royce is a 3 who's too small to be a 4.
I just have a hard time seeing that be awesome. Bogey helps with spacing and secondary creation. Having 3 guys who aren't good at dribbling, are limited passers, and Jae is an iffy but willing shooter... it would hurt the offense a lot. Bogey's spacing is important and his ability to attack in other ways is helpful. Mike is having a hard time getting a lot of separation as his career moves on... he's still getting the job done, but its a lot to ask to have limited space and Donovan creating every action.

Jae is 6'6 on NBA.com and basketball reference. Royce is 6'4 sometimes 6'5 but never 6'6. If you ever watched a jazz game in 2018 where they played together you can see Jae is clearly bigger

I just have a hard time seeing that be awesome. Bogey helps with spacing and secondary creation. Having 3 guys who aren't good at dribbling, are limited passers, and Jae is an iffy but willing shooter... it would hurt the offense a lot. Bogey's spacing is important and his ability to attack in other ways is helpful. Mike is having a hard time getting a lot of separation as his career moves on... he's still getting the job done, but its a lot to ask to have limited space and Donovan creating every action.
We could've had him AND Royce/Bogey. All we need to do is to take that Favs contract in 2020 and give it to Crowder. Exactly the same deal. But no point discussing it now since the ship has sailed

Jae is 6'6 on NBA.com and basketball reference. Royce is 6'4 sometimes 6'5 but never 6'6. If you ever watched a jazz game in 2018 where they played together you can see Jae is clearly bigger
Rebounds and blocks are the key stat on how big a player plays... Royce is slightly better than Jae in both areas... not sure 1-2 inches matters at all.

You can look at combine measurements. You dont have to guess.

Jae probably looks bigger to you cuz the dude is yoked out of his mind and has massive dreads.

The reality is they are within a half of an inch and Royce is longer both horizontally and vertically.

Rebounds and blocks are the key stat on how big a player plays... Royce is slightly better than Jae in both areas... not sure 1-2 inches matters at all.
deflection? shots contested? charges drawn? i mean you were the one talking about those stats you should know there's a lot more to defense than just rebounds and blocks

The love affair for Jae Crowder on this site has been comical for the past few years. People like the idea of him more than him himself.

His EFG% for the 16 games he played for us in the playoffs was 43.8%. Do you know how bad that is? That would be third worst in the entire league this year.

Damn, if only we had those .04 charges drawn per game.
Or 0.5 more deflection per game. Or 2 more shots contested per game. Oh have I not mentioned Crowder plays less minutes per game than Royce as well? Again, it doesn't have to be like this, they could've played together

"Likely Hall of Fame career" LMAO

Uhhhhhhh.....

uhhhhhhh.gif