What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

The loss in on Mike tonight + the poor coaching, letting Rudy sit way too long. KAT and ANT were not very good but they could have win it with more defense from Rudy and Mike hitting shoot and not making dumb decisions. This serie will be great to follow.

It's so bad. This is the summer our window closed. Not only we missed out on Jaden or Bane, we then signed Favors for the full MLE (bidding against ourselves), which put us just a little over the tax, then using a 1st to dump him, limiting our ability to improve the team at the deadline (Grant was traded for a 1st). All of this was worsened by the no-name signings, who were dumped one year later with 2nds. Terrible drafting, cap and asset management. He also didn't get along with Quin and ignored other management/scouts people (Dok). When you are this close to a chip, you can't **** it up on so many areas like DL did. I hope I get an "advisory role" for one year when I screw things over at my job hehe

I was just going to post this.

Also was going to post that one of the fun things about the playoffs is seeing star players actually defend. Luka was trying hard on a lot of defensive possessions tonight and being somewhat effective.

Also, Denver looks slow and unathletic, and lacking length compared to these teams. The only reason they have a chance at contending is by having an all time great and league best player.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Too bad our star guard never got that memo a couple years ago. He went the opposite route. Had to save all his energy to play hero ball I guess.

Mike Conley is a great FT shooter obviously, but I *never* trusted him to hit clutch FTs with the Jazz, not so this time either. I felt like every time (which wasn't _that_ often, to be fair) he got to the line down the stretch it would be 1/2.

Lonzo says he is healthy enough to play.

I think I could see a scenario where the Bulls lose Patrick Williams to a crazy offer sheet (maybe from Detroit?) and they reach out for a Lonzo/Collins swap.

IDK if he is a good coach or not, but I dont think any coach could have done any better (at least to any meaningful degree).
Yeah that roster is very flawed. Reading between lines, Don is likely signing his $209 mil extension in CLE. My guess is they don't fire JBB unless either Don or Dan Gilbert mandated it. Don can always demand a trade in 1-2 years if they can't improve the roster around him. Jazz obviously control their future draft thru the end of the decade so it's worth watching.

Yeah that roster is very flawed. Reading between lines, Don is likely signing his $209 mil extension in CLE. My guess is they don't fire JBB unless either Don or Dan Gilbert mandated it. Don can always demand a trade in 1-2 years if they can't improve the roster around him. Jazz obviously control their future draft thru the end of the decade so it's worth watching.
He can't really demand a trade if he's under contract long-term and if he's not demanding things when he has meaningful ability to do so (contract close to being up), I doubt he just does it when he doesnt.

I think I could see a scenario where the Bulls lose Patrick Williams to a crazy offer sheet (maybe from Detroit?) and they reach out for a Lonzo/Collins swap.
I like this idea. Who knows what the Bulls are thinking.

Jazz could also potentially sign Patrick Williams to an offer sheet? Not sure how much money they have to play with if they extend Lauri. PW could be a Danny Ainge reclamation special but might be way too expensive in FA considering they already have Hendricks.

I'm still team trade for Lonzo, especially when we have a contract like Collins to send.

I like this idea. Who knows what the Bulls are thinking.

Jazz could also potentially sign Patrick Williams to an offer sheet? Not sure how much money they have to play with if they extend Lauri. PW could be a Danny Ainge reclamation special but might be way too expensive in FA considering they already have Hendricks.
I wouldnt want to bet on him at all. I'd pass.