What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

It's been really hard for me to get into the NBA this year. I enjoy the NBA for basketball, but the NBA is about anything but basketball these days. And no, I'm not saying this in a shut up and dribble way. I'm saying this in a "do I really have to listen to this narcissist pseudointellectual" way. Can't escape these clowns.
Just don't consume NBA content outside of the games...

Just don't consume NBA content outside of the games...

That's what I'm saying...it's hard for me to get into the league because if you try to follow the league in any other way you just get this garbage. And again, it's hard to brush off the garbage because the garbage matters and really shouldn't be ignored. It's hard for me to get invested in a league where so little of the coverage is actually about the games.

It's much tougher to follow because of timezones, but I've spent so much more time following the Prem this year. It's so much better to follow a league where the coverage isn't dominated by players being idiots and is instead about the actual competition.

That's what I'm saying...it's hard for me to get into the league because if you try to follow the league in any other way you just get this garbage. And again, it's hard to brush off the garbage because the garbage matters and really shouldn't be ignored. It's hard for me to get invested in a league where so little of the coverage is actually about the games.

It's much tougher to follow because of timezones, but I've spent so much more time following the Prem this year. It's so much better to follow a league where the coverage isn't dominated by players being idiots and is instead about the actual competition.
It's not any worse than it used to be, with the Malace in the Palace, Kobe raping someone and walking away lionized, Allen Iverson's domestic abuse. It is really hard for me to look at Twitter as the culmination of all evil. Imagine what Barkley would have looked like if Twitter was available during his playing days.

It's not any worse than it used to be, with the Malace in the Palace, Kobe raping someone and walking away lionized, Allen Iverson's domestic abuse. It is really hard for me to look at Twitter as the culmination of all evil. Imagine what Barkley would have looked like if Twitter was available during his playing days.

It’s definitely worse with social media. There’s no chance Kyrie causes this much trouble without it. It also makes the news cycle more trashy. All news media is worse because they want a quick click.

If you only care about the game why are you trying to consume anything outside of games? Just buy league pass and watch the games.

If you only care about the game why are you trying to consume anything outside of games? Just buy league pass and watch the games.

1) Because some stuff can’t/shouldn’t be ignored and 2) Im saying the league is less enjoyable when you can’t follow the coverage of the league.

It’s simply more fun to follow a league where the things you care about are the things that are covered. IMO, to be invested in a league, that also means being invested in the coverage and conversation around the league. I’m not trying to seek out these things, but that’s all that’s there and that’s why it’s hard for me to get invested in the season.

That's only some Orthodox Jews. Definitely not the majority.

All observant Jews believe one should not pronounce the name. That's why we're not certain how YHWH should actually be sounded out(what the vowels are supposed to be and where one or both Hs might actually be vowels).

All Orthodox Jews and most observant Jews of any kind believe you should avoid writing the Hebrew name out, lest it be destroyed or defaced after. That essentially means avoiding writing it out for any purposes but religious ones.

Most Orthodox Jews and some non-Orthodox observant Jews believe this extends to the name in other languages, as well.

Should be noted Royce is actually having a really good season. Dude is playing a ton of minutes and shooting the 3 on fire with a good amount of attempts. Also getting a good amount of assist.

Everyone knows that there are jerks in the work environment. We all have to polish and be careful with what we say. It is just common sense and we should do it out of respect - even the jerks routinely show a minimum amount of respect to their coworkers and the community. I guess Kyrie is too good to polish his verbal turds before he excretes them. Come on man!

Wonder why hayward didnt play tonight? Is he hurt again?

And where is kahwi leonard? I saw him play a few games this season but I think he has missed the last 2 or 3. Is he hurt again?

Looks like the warriors are just taking the L tonight.
Starting lineup:
kuminga
lamb
looney
poole
moody

I guess Spida mitchell was held out for "rest" in their blowout win tonight? Weird night in the nba.