What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

D'Angelo Russell might be the worst starting PG in the NBA. The Wolves have serious serious distance rebounding and he has 0 rebounds, among everything else he is ****** and low energy about.

I honestly think a Westbrook for Russell trade would benefit both teams lmfao.

Memphis was 7/33 from 3 tonight plus only scored 18 in the 4th and they still won by 11. Minnesota has now lost 6 out of their last 7 games. Next up for them @Cleveland, @Orlando, and @Philadelphia. Not going to get easier any time soon.

Their offense in particular is the thing I’d be most worried about. I’m really not sure how they are going to fix it. They don’t have very good shooters and Russell is the exact opposite type of PG they need. They have zero future assets to improve themselves as well.

Eh...I don't think their shooting is that bad. They are struggling this year, but they've got a lot of guys who can nock down shots. The problem is that those guys are all playing like complete ball hogs and their offense doesn't generate any good looks. It takes like 5 seconds for each of them to make a decision, and the decision usually ends up with them chucking some BS at the hoop. Or if it's Town he stares at the hoop forever and then hands off a grenade to a teammate. They don't made the defense work at all and as a result they get no good looks. I don't think the problem is that they can't shoot, the problem is the quality of looks they produce and are willing to take.

Orlando beat the suns tonight. Not very good tanking there orlando

Draymond with zero points right now (middle of the 4th quarter). Cavs beating warriors. This is good for the jazz playoff positioning. Anytime an eastern conference teams beats a western conference team its good.

Eh...I don't think their shooting is that bad. They are struggling this year, but they've got a lot of guys who can nock down shots. The problem is that those guys are all playing like complete ball hogs and their offense doesn't generate any good looks. It takes like 5 seconds for each of them to make a decision, and the decision usually ends up with them chucking some BS at the hoop. Or if it's Town he stares at the hoop forever and then hands off a grenade to a teammate. They don't made the defense work at all and as a result they get no good looks. I don't think the problem is that they can't shoot, the problem is the quality of looks they produce and are willing to take.

Outside of KAT no starter is shooting better than 33% from 3. Edwards is not a good shooter. McDaniels is not a good shooter and Russell is a very inefficient shooter as of late after being a pretty good shooter earlier on in his career. Russell shot 34% from 3 last year and is 31.5% from 3 this year.

Seems to me like they don’t have very many good shooters.

The Cavs are blowing this game. I've only been watching since 7 min left in the 4th but I'm not impressed with Garland, none of the plays where he has the ball have gone anywhere.

Also, Curry is still incredible

Outside of KAT no starter is shooting better than 33% from 3. Edwards is not traditionally a good shooter. McDaniels is not a good shooter and Russell is a very inefficient shooter. Russell shot 34% from 3 last year and is 31.5% from 3 this year.

Seems to me like they don’t have very many good shooters.

They aren't shooting horrible percentages because they are bad shooters, they are shooting horrible percentages because their shot quality is garbage. 3FG% is not the only thing the defines how good a shooter is. If they were getting wide open shots and shooting this bad you could blame it on bad shooting. That couldn't be further from the truth. There's a difference between them and a team like the Lakers where half of the team is being left wide open for a reason.

Last edited:
Mitchell choking in the clutch lmfao

Misses a jumper then lets his man get a transition in the final minute. What a ****ing scrub.
0-3 from the field in the last 5 minutes

They aren't shooting horrible percentages because they are bad shooters, they are shooting horrible percentages because their shot quality is garbage. 3FG% is the only thing the defines how good a shooter is. If they were getting wide open shots and shooting this bad you could blame it on bad shooting. That couldn't be further from the truth. There's a difference between them and a team like the Lakers where half of the team is being left wide open for a reason.

I mean they all were bad last season too and the season before that. Have they not been able to generate good looks for 3 years now?