What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

lol
They will have a better record than wolves. Dont worry about that.
I would rather be the #1 seed and get the 29th pick than the 6th seed and get the 24th pick or whatever.
If we are the 6th seed in the west then we are likely looking at a pick in the 18-20 range. Also we want the warriors to have a better record than the sixers and nets as well.

You don't have to watch every shot of every player. You need to watch like 5 minutes of Anthony Edwards and D'Angelo Russell to understand the types of shots they take.

3FG% alone is a horrible, horrible way to judge shooting. You need context. Royce O'Neale is not a better shooter than Damian Lillard despite having a better career 3FG%.
I bet damian lillard has a better percentage than those twolves dudes though. Compare the twolves dudes with other high volume shooters instead of royce then and see where they stack up.

If we are the 6th seed in the west then we are likely looking at a pick in the 18-20 range. Also we want the warriors to have a better record than the sixers and nets as well.
Fair. I still would love to get the #1 seed over the 6 seed. I love winning games. Even regular season ones. Plus we would be the talk of the town. It would be awesome.
plus though we would get a better pick as the 6th seed maybe being the #1 seed helps free agents want to come here and maybe we get more calls from the refs and the winning culture/confidence factors in as well.

The Mitchell/Garland back court as talented as it is looks to have limited potential. A young team are the Cavs but Im not seeing as potential super team going forward.

You don't have to watch every shot of every player. You need to watch like 5 minutes of Anthony Edwards and D'Angelo Russell to understand the types of shots they take.

3FG% alone is a horrible, horrible way to judge shooting. You need context. Royce O'Neale is not a better shooter than Damian Lillard despite having a better career 3FG%.

This is such a weird and off base analogy. Royce is a good three-point shooter and shoots a good percentage from 3. Nobody is saying anything about anyone being better at shooting based off 3PT%. I’m simply saying Edwards/Russell/McDaniels are not good shooters and literally every single shooting stat backs it up.

I bet damian lillard has a better percentage than those twolves dudes though. Compare the twolves dudes with other high volume shooters instead of royce then and see where they stack up.

Yes because Damian Lillard is one of the best shooters of all time. What are we even talking about lol. Yeah, the TWolves would be really freaking good if Russell and Edwards were all time great shooters. There is no way in hell you look at Donovan Mitchell and Jordan Clarkson as bad shooters last season, for example.

The Timberwolves were the 8th best offense in the league last year. This idea that they lost all their shooting is dumb. Beasley was a good shooter for them, they also played worse offense when he was on the court. Their shooting talent is more or less the same as last season. The difference is that they are playing significantly worse basketball because they're struggling to play with Gobert and Russell+Edwards are playing like complete garbage.

This is such a weird and off base analogy. Royce is a good three-point shooter and shoots a good percentage from 3. Nobody is saying anything about anyone being better at shooting based off 3PT%. I’m simply saying Edwards/Russell/McDaniels are not good shooters and literally every single shooting stat backs it up.

The only number you have cited to determine who is not a good shooter is 3FG%. Do you just lie for fun?

The only number you have cited to determine who is not a good shooter is 3FG%. Do you just lie for fun?

You are really weird.

And guess what… their FG% and TS% aren’t good either… shocker.

Their FG% and TS% aren’t good either lmao. By what metric are they good shooters? In theory if they took better quality shots?

I thought we could have a decent conversation but no you decided to argue with me that Edwards and Russell are good shooters.

You are really weird.

Oh, I didn't see you listed TS% which is even more irrelevant to determine who is a better shooter lmao. My bad. Still completely lied about saying you didn't use 3FG%, but who cares at this point this is the dumbest argument I have ever been apart of.

Oh, I didn't see you listed TS% which is even more irrelevant to determine who is a better shooter lmao. My bad. Still completely lied about saying you didn't use 3FG%, but who cares at this point this is the dumbest argument I have ever been apart of.

Yes, you arguing with me that average to below average shooters are actually good shooters they just take bad shots and in theory could be good shooters IS one of the dumbest things I have been apart of on this board.

TS% is even more irrelevant lmao? My guy what is relevant then? The theory they could be good shooters?

Yes, it is irrelevant. Are we going to say Gobert is an all time great shooter because he has an all time great TS%? It's not that hard to determine how good a shooter is. It's efficiency and context. That's it. One without the other is not very meaningful.

I don't even care at this point. If you want to stand by this stupid logic, I can't change your opinion. Royce O'Neale is a better shooter than Dame and Gobert is an all time great shooter. That is your logic when you completely disregard context. Die on that hill if you want to.

Yes, it is irrelevant. Are we going to say Gobert is an all time great shooter because he has an all time great TS%? It's not that hard to determine how good a shooter is. It's efficiency and context. That's it. One without the other is not very meaningful.

I don't even care at this point. If you want to stand by this stupid logic, I can't change your opinion. Royce O'Neale is a better shooter than Dame and Gobert is an all time great shooter. That is your logic when you completely disregard context. Die on that hill if you want to.

This is the biggest strawman post I have ever seen. I never once mentioned someone was a better shooter based on their 3PT%. I merely said they weren’t good shooters based on that and their FG% plus TS%. Also, of course a big man is going to have a better TS%. It is all based on context. Steph Curry the greatest shooter of all time has one of the best TS% of all-time.

Did Mitchell really just lose a game and fake an injury so he doesn't have to face Gobert eating his soul every drive?

It's actually bad news for the NBA we don't get to see this matchup.

Also the first sentence is a joke before I get a bunch of responses telling me it's a real injury.