What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Wonder what it would take to get Boucher out of Toronto. The man was playing like a black Porzingis last season and is currently getting buried by Nick Nurse. You won't find too many big man with his unique skillset in shot blocking + stretching the floor.

The bad thing for Burks is he could never stay healthy here. I hope he can stay healthy the rest of his career and put up these numbers. I always knew he could. And I’m glad to see him play so well.

The bad thing for Burks is he could never stay healthy here. I hope he can stay healthy the rest of his career and put up these numbers. I always knew he could. And I’m glad to see him play so well.
Neither could Neto and look at how much he is helping the wizards right now. With the DM drama last playoffs I'd see we do need to take a closer look at our medical staff. Imagine load managing Conley for the entire season only for him to miss significant time when it matters the most. Paul was regarded as a washed old man plagued with injuries just a couple of seasons ago and he now hasn't even missed a single game so far this season. A good medical team can really do wonders

Last edited:
Crowder back to back 3s then came back with suffocating defense on the other end. Just championship winning plays.

Now that's called perimeter defense by the suns. Not replying on their big man to bail them out while offering little to no resistance.

Okay, but we've got Rudy Gay and Royce O'Neale to do that for us.
I trust Gay but I don't trust our medical staff. To play at a high level of physicality, you need to have a strong body. But we've only gotten more and more casual over the years. Like load-managing Conley for the entire season last year only for him to miss nearly 50% of our playoff game. Like I mentioned in my previous post, Phoenix medical team is working wonders with CP3 right now and they are one of the main reasons behind their high energy/physical plays because guys just aren't scared of getting injured.

Last edited:
I trust Gay but I don't trust our medical staff. To play at a high level of physicality, you need to have a strong body. But we've only gotten more and more casual over the years. Like load-managing Conley for the entire season last season only for him to miss nearly 50% of our playoff game. Like I mentioned in my previous thread, Phoenix medical team is working wonders with CP3 right now and they are one of the main reasons behind their high energy/physical plays because guys just aren't scared of getting injured.

Whoever has been training Gobert has done a great job. He can run all day.

Usually all the media and every podcast talking about the Lakers annoy me, but not when they're bad. I can't get enough of it. The Lakers being a disaster in slow motion is almost as rewarding to me as the Jazz winning. It's great fun and I look forward to them every game.

Really happy for Burks.

Whoever has been training Gobert has done a great job. He can run all day.
Rudy's more of a smart player than a physical one. He can make some very physical and athletic plays, don't get me wrong. But the technique he uses is amazing. He rarely jumps on pump fakes and gets to the right place at the right time without excessive running. He blocks shots and dunks without having to jump much, which really helps his durability and career longevity as a player. You can see the wear and tear on guys like Cousins/Drummond/Whiteside over the years. Just one big injury then they are flushed down the pipes.

But we are only speaking in terms of longevity and consistency. In playoffs when games do get physical, you will need to go up a gear to match their intensity. That is when being smart and crafty isn't good enough. Giannis last year being the perfect example. He said something like he doesn't care if he's playing through injuries that may haunt him in the long run. It's basically now-or-never moment so he went out there and got the job done. Imagine that being Conley or Jingles.

The medical staff had a major shakeup over the offseason. The Donovan thing in the playoffs seemed to have driven it.

I don't think there is any connection between our current training staff and the training staff that worked with Burks and Neto. There's even major changes from last seasons team that was previously ranked the best in the NBA.

I don't think there is any connection between our current training staff and the training staff that worked with Burks and Neto. There's even major changes from last seasons team that was previously ranked the best in the NBA.
We almost lost our NO. 1 seed to the Suns due to injuries last season. We were ranked the best despite of our medical staff, not because of.

Last edited:
The medical staff had a major shakeup over the offseason. The Donovan thing in the playoffs seemed to have driven it.

Still wish we could play Mike the same way Phoenix is playing Paul. Huge ask of course. Just hope he won't miss 50% of our playoff game again this year. Fingers crossed

Still wish we could play Mike the same way Phoenix is playing Paul. Huge ask of course. Just hope he won't miss 50% of our playoff game again this year. Fingers crossed

Conley has played in 19 out of 21 games. Its not like he is missing a bunch of time.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Conley has played in 19 out of 21 games. Its not like he is missing a bunch of time.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Mike played every single game for the first 23 games to start the 20/21 season. So this season is already a step backward compared to last season.

And here's Chris Paul, by comparison.

I can’t believe how dependable and how deadly the Suns are in the clutch.
Its CP man... he can get to the midrange whenever he wants. If you take it away he finds someone. I have a hard time with his BS but damn do I respect the hell out of his game.

If those teams are healthy I am not sure we beat either of them. I think the Suns actually might be a better matchup for us because of the style that GS plays might give us more problems, but the Suns being so good in midrange should also frighten us. We just aren't there.