What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

Steven Adams is easily one of my favorite players. He just plays ball, doesn't seem to have an ultra ego and will help a guy up from the opposing team when he knocks him down. Class act imo.

The Suns are so good. Came back from behind tonight to beat the Mavs. I've watched them in a few close games this year and they are so incredibly clutch in the last few minutes of a game...pretty much the exact opposite of us.

The Suns are so good. Came back from behind tonight to beat the Mavs. I've watched them in a few close games this year and they are so incredibly clutch in the last few minutes of a game...pretty much the exact opposite of us.
1642735646193.gif

They're this perfect example of the sum of the whole is greater than their individual pieces - they're well coached, versatile in their roster, run sound offense, disciplined defense, and they are clutch.

I've been thinking the Warriors would be the favorite in a series against them, but I can't picture the Warriors beating Phoenix if they are playing JTA, GP2, Lee, Iguodala, and Bjelica major minutes.

The Suns are 15-3 in games decided in clutch situations, and have the best net rating in the league in those situations. That is freaking nuts.

And that's sadly very good indicator of how the team will perform in playoffs, close endings of games generate similar intensity. And we tend to struggle on both ends in those situations.

They're this perfect example of the sum of the whole is greater than their individual pieces - they're well coached, versatile in their roster, run sound offense, disciplined defense, and they are clutch.

I've been thinking the Warriors would be the favorite in a series against them, but I can't picture the Warriors beating Phoenix if they are playing JTA, GP2, Lee, Iguodala, and Bjelica major minutes.

The Suns are 15-3 in games decided in clutch situations, and have the best net rating in the league in those situations. That is freaking nuts.
For those curious, we're 9-12 in the clutch - and some of those L's have been some really bad L's.

We want the Jazz to finish in the 2nd or 3rd seed, with GSW dropping to the 4th seed. Jazz would play Memphis in the 2nd round, and the Phoenix would play Golden State.

That lets the Jazz play a re-match with the Grizzlies, who play drop-big for the most part. Jazz should win that series in 6 games, unless JJJ plays really well as a stretch-5.