What's new

The Non-Jazz NBA Thread in the Jazz Section

“I didn’t expect to ask for a trade” Lol

He talks as though he has no control over his behavior which is awfully convenient for a player that destroys everything he touches.
Yeah and after destroying **** he always makes himself the victim. He is so broken.

He has no control over his behavior though. He does everything he does on a whim. Period. He is just lucky he has basketball talent and he likes it enough to become good at it, otherwise he is that crazy acquaintance on facebook spouting flat earth **** and trying to get you to sell essential oils, and switching that out every 2 months.
He feels like the type of dude who at some point retires and ends up holding the "world is ending today" sign every day at some big city subway station.

He feels like the type of dude who at some point retires and ends up holding the "world is ending today" sign every day at some big city subway station.
Delonte West says hi smh
I think the biggest problem with Kyrie Irving, is his arrogant need for respect & the lack thereof by everyone despite him being extremely clutch time and time again in his career, and obviously hitting the shot in 16, and Lebron winning MVP instead of him.
Look, imo despite being the most elite ball handler in nba history, and maybe the best under the rim finisher currently in the game, he will never get the respect he could have had, thanks to his need to F with reporters and his lack of commitement to any one org. ( which is a page he took out of Lebron's playbook imo)
That need for respect, chip on his shoulder, is already there in Dallas. He will never be accepted anywhere at this point. He has become the enemy of the average NBA fan.
But worse he makes enemies in the lockeroom everywhere he goes as well.

How does he reconcile the part of his comments about a big market conspiracy theory and include the Sacramento ****ing Kings?

I've never gone here before, but Gobert has a penchant for being a crybaby so wahhh, dude. Go catch a basketball and put a shirt on.
Also, has anyone benefitted so much from officials swallowing their whistles on moving screens?

Minnesota fans complain about the refs more than almost any fan base I’ve seen this year. Maybe I’m noticing it more since I’ve been watching them more this year than other teams but damn they do love to ****ing cry.

Short answer is no. He is constantly moving on screens.
I remember opposing fans bitching constantly about his moving screens. Now it’s our turn. Kinda funny to me.

He does in fact move a TON when he’s screening. He got called for it last night and it hurt his team. Every call that I saw looked like a correct one.

Minny won the Hawks because of not one but three missed calls last two of them being on Gobert and them being worth 3-5 points depending on Beys free throw shooting.

Gobert got a rebound by pulling Capela who was in position to get it out of the way.

Then Gobert set an illegal screen and made contact to Young's legs, and that directly lead to a Conley 3:

Prince fouled Bey on a shot at the end:

How does he reconcile the part of his comments about a big market conspiracy theory and include the Sacramento ****ing Kings?

I've never gone here before, but Gobert has a penchant for being a crybaby so wahhh, dude. Go catch a basketball and put a shirt on.
The Wolves losing to the Kings was a fantastic outcome for the Lakers.

The Jazz had to face the same BS from the refs when they were in a tight playoff race with the Lakers in the '12-13 season. Good for Rudy on calling it out.

If you are part of California, I do not care if you are playing in ****ing Hemet, you are in no way, shape, or form a small market team. Somehow or someway you have a share of the 40 million person larger market. It is bigger than the single metro area might imply. Same with like the Texas teams. They try to say San Antonia is a small market, but being part of Texas overrides how many people live in driving distance of the actual stadium.

Yeah we see that on probably 80% of all moves to the basket, and it gets called haphazardly at best, and in no way shape or form consistently. Sometimes they plow the guy down with no call, sometimes they flop with no call, most often that is called as a defensive foul if at all. Best case should have been a no-call. Stupid. NBA refs are the worst.

Yeah, Gobert's worst quality is his conspiracy theory side. Dude is kind of a loon in that regard.

That being said, there was some BS being called against him in the Suns game.
I totally agree with that. Rudy complain way too much but this game was a shame for the referee. They clearly did a great job to make sure KD and Booker and the suns are in the PO in good position. This is nothing new, big star get a special treatment by the referee. Small market are not officiated the same way big are. That's how it is and complaining will not change that.
Rudy and KAT are really crying baby.