What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

He said go back to where you came from, fix the issues there and then come back and fix the problems here. He is not racist. I would definitely believe a member of his Cabinet and an African-American who works for him.

I introduce Ben Carson, for those of you that don't know who he is:

Why should they go fix problems in other nations rather than working on the problems in their own nation?

The sentiment is clear, and like I've said, the whole tweet, his additional tweets explaining the first one and all the other explanations don't make it any better.

It's no less racist to say to members of congress who all happen to be female and minorities to go fix other nations because of how ****ed up those ****-holes are and then come back to show us how it's done. He once again makes a comment to the effect of these other nations are ****ed up because the people there are less than. And he tells these women basically to shut up about their issues with the U.S. because the people in their ancestral nations don't know how to run a government, so by extension these women don't know how to run a government.

And Trump being a racist or not doesn't hang on weather or not his most racists tweets are racist.

Yes, I also tell people of color to go back where they came from when I disagree with what they say or do.

We could go around and around on this all day, but I'll just say this- when someone regularly uses racist language and enacts racist policies they tend to lose the benefit of the doubt when they say things that could be interpreted one way or the other.

I appreciate your stance on the subject, I just don't agree with you on the logic due to my belief that in most cases, those who don't like the president are going to go out of their way to make his statements overly negative and blown out of proportion.

This is not the case. Donnie has a history. Give him the credit he's due.

Right? Like I can’t believe we’re arguing this.

Honestly this entire thread encapsulates America right now.

70 percent of us either recognize the danger he poses as an authoritarian or understand he’s wretched and dislike his personality and/or policies.

While 30 percent either live in their own alt reality without facts or just troll to piss everyone off because they lack self esteem.

This is ****ing horrifying.

Yep, and once again I'm reminded that people often do not realize what is happening when it's happening. Even when it's right in their face. Thus the authoritarians of history can always count on such people. Happens again and again and again. It's those people who see nothing wrong with moments like that, nothing wrong with movements like Trump's, that make the demise of democratic institutions and ideals possible. Blind until it's too late to open their eyes.

I appreciate your stance on the subject, I just don't agree with you on the logic due to my belief that in most cases, those who don't like the president are going to go out of their way to make his statements overly negative and blown out of proportion.
We don't make his comments anything. They are his, they stand on their own. Those are his words.

Yet another inspiring rally from our president:

Lies about Omar and then the crowd chants, “send her back.”

But yeah, I guess my family is doing ok so I’ll look the other way...

Before this gets lost in the back and forth of this thread, I wanted to repost what just happened minutes ago.

“SEND HER BACK!”

“SEND HER BACK!”

“SEND HER BACK!”

If this doesn’t terrify you, what will?

Reactions: Red
Let's put this **** to bed fella's (and gals). I'm off soon.

What is law identifying national origin discrimination?

The actual ****ing law written out on a .gov site said:
National Origin Discrimination
National origin discrimination involves treating people (applicants or employees) unfavorably because they are from a particular country or part of the world, because of ethnicity or accent, or because they appear to be of a certain ethnic background (even if they are not).

National origin discrimination also can involve treating people unfavorably because they are married to (or associated with) a person of a certain national origin.

Discrimination can occur when the victim and the person who inflicted the discrimination are the same national origin.

National Origin Discrimination & Work Situations
The law forbids discrimination when it comes to any aspect of employment, including hiring, firing, pay, job assignments, promotions, layoff, training, fringe benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.

National Origin & Harassment
It is unlawful to harass a person because of his or her national origin. Harassment can include, for example, offensive or derogatory remarks about a person's national origin, accent or ethnicity. Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer.

This. Is. Discrimination. Likely of racial contempt(possibly on both sides). It is what it is. You support a racist and/or misogynist, and/or bigot, and or financial discriminator that is happy to discourage others the second they disagree with him for any possible reason.

Before this gets lost in the back and forth of this thread, I wanted to repost what just happened minutes ago.

“SEND HER BACK!”

“SEND HER BACK!”

“SEND HER BACK!”

It doesn’t terrify me. Annoys, saddens, disgusts and angers side. Scares or terrifies? Nope.

Sorry, we don't have any of that type.

Eh, I’m not so sure I agree. At least dangerous to a healthy productive way of life for most of us. I’d be willing to bet that a few even dislike America.

Pres. Trump is not a racist. I will still take Ben Carson's word for it.

So, as long as 1 black person says "Not racist", it must be true? Does that mean if one person who is a capitalist says Ocasio-Cortez is not a communist, that makes it true?

Telling a person of color to "go back where they came from" has always been racist. This is far from new.

Yep, democratic president Woodrow Wilson made that famous. Referring to black people as less than human and saying send them back to Africa. Basically saying they need to evolve more.. gross.

Right? Like I can’t believe we’re arguing this.

Honestly this entire thread encapsulates America right now.

70 percent of us either recognize the danger he poses as an authoritarian or understand he’s wretched and dislike his personality and/or policies.

While 30 percent either live in their own alt reality without facts or just troll to piss everyone off because they lack self esteem.

It's odd we agree in any absolute way. Lean the same direction, sure. But on the same page, in the same paragraph, on the same line I don't think has happened before.

And it has now.

Coming from the side that's had to eat **** over their decisions, I get it. You don't want to. You'll defend your decision until the end of time. You WILL NOT EVER ACKNOWLEDGE "I told you so", so help you sky daddy.

It's not the end of the world to be wrong. You don't have to support a racist. You don't have to vote for someone unpopular. You can vote for whoever the hell you want. It's only checkers because you make it... start playing chess.

“SEND HER BACK!”

“SEND HER BACK!”

“SEND HER BACK!”

Really no difference in tone between a present day Trump rally, which I believe will only grow worse in the months ahead, and this earlier rally from our nation's history:

https://anightatthegarden.com/

Trump is marshaling the same emotions as that earlier rally. Right in our face it happens. Right here, in the United States, where it can never happen here.

"We’d like to believe that there are sharp lines between good people and bad people. But I think most humans have dark passions inside us, waiting to be stirred up by a demagogue who is funny and mean, who can convince us that decency is for the weak, that democracy is naïve, and that kindness and respect for others are just ridiculous political correctness. Events like this should remind us not to be complacent – that the things we care about have to be nurtured and defended regularly – because even seemingly good people have the potential to do hideous things."

Last edited:

I’ll don’t have any faith in Ted Cruz for example.

Sure I’m talking about probably the minuscule minority but being a member of Congress doesn’t exclude on from disliking this country or being an impediment to a healthy lifestyle.

Really no difference in tone between a present day Trump rally, which I believe will only grow worse in the months ahead, and this earlier rally from our nation's history:

https://anightatthegarden.com/

Trump is marshaling the same emotions as that earlier rally. Right in our face it happens. Right here, in the United States, where it can never happen here.

"We’d like to believe that there are sharp lines between good people and bad people. But I think most humans have dark passions inside us, waiting to be stirred up by a demagogue who is funny and mean, who can convince us that decency is for the weak, that democracy is naïve, and that kindness and respect for others are just ridiculous political correctness. Events like this should remind us not to be complacent – that the things we care about have to be nurtured and defended regularly – because even seemingly good people have the potential to do hideous things."

There is a ton of great stuff in this thread, and I really enjoy the perspectives of a bunch of JFC members, but I've gotta say your posts always impress me.