What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

OK. This is a point worth talking about. I have one person on ignore because I failed to see any point is discussing anything with him. It was a style issue, an intellect issue. The comments went too heavily on the argumentative. Not a stupid person, just not someone I really didn't care to spend time on.

Fair enough if anyone puts me on ignore for such reasons. You can still discuss stuff and maybe learn something from the people you do respond to.

On the other hand, the point I was aiming at was that the discussion will actually go nowhere until someone decides it's worthwhile to reconsider some things. I think it's fair enough to imagine that might be because the issue has gone to bed on established commitments or decisions, though I admit that might not be exactly the same thing as not caring what the truth is.

I don't think I will ever really change Gameface, for example. But worth reading what he does. Fun, maybe..... in some weird sense.... like it's a proxy fight with my brother who says the same things.... and hence ups my game.....

Babe, changing his goal posts. As is tradition.

When you no longer believe a person has a point other than to be an argumentative bitch that conveniently forgets facts pointed out to them multiple times, multiple ways, by multiple posters, it's acceptable to put them on ignore

In other news, Mr Trump has appointed his son-in-law Jared Kushner, already tasked with bringing peace to the Middle East, to oversee the construction of his US-Mexico border wall, according to reports, as the row over his decision to pardon Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher of war crimes rumbles on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Babe, changing his goal posts. As is tradition.

When you no longer believe a person has a point other than to be an argumentative bitch that conveniently forgets facts pointed out to them multiple times, multiple ways, by multiple posters, it's acceptable to put them on ignore
That's pretty much it right there.

When a poster presents an argument, then has that argument soundly addressed, does not make any attempt to counter the argument in a meaningful way and then comes back the next day making that argument again... That's just ****ing noise. That's not a person attempting to have a conversation. That's not a person interested in honesty or truth. That's a person sitting in the corner making fart noises while other people are trying to talk.

Strong words here from Richard Nixon's White House counsel John Dean on Trump and Rduy Giuliani...

[https://pbs]

John Dean

@JohnWDean

So Rudy owns The Donald. Blackmailing the President of the United States on Fox News is fitting! Does America really want a POTUS owned by Rudy Giuliani. Wonder if Rudy has a guaranteed pardon if Lev or Igor turn on him in the SDNY? Trump’s presidency is like a Mafia soap opera!

Jon Cooper [https://abs]

@joncoopertweets

.@RudyGiuliani went on national TV to warn @realDonaldTrump that he has “insurance” if the president tries to throw him under the bus. What type of blackmail do you think it is — financial, sexual, criminal or other?

Strong words here from Richard Nixon's White House counsel John Dean on Trump and Rduy Giuliani...

John Dean

@JohnWDean

So Rudy owns The Donald. Blackmailing the President of the United States on Fox News is fitting! Does America really want a POTUS owned by Rudy Giuliani. Wonder if Rudy has a guaranteed pardon if Lev or Igor turn on him in the SDNY? Trump’s presidency is like a Mafia soap opera!

@joncoopertweets

.@RudyGiuliani went on national TV to warn @realDonaldTrump that he has “insurance” if the president tries to throw him under the bus. What type of blackmail do you think it is — financial, sexual, criminal or other?

Unbelievable. Mafia soap opera all the way.

For @Catchall

Louisiana senator John Kennedy, a key ally of President Trump, has meanwhile admitted he was wrong to push a debunked conspiracy theory that it was Ukraine, not Russia, who hacked a Democratic National Committee server in 2016.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-news-live-impeachment-blow-113900299.html

Now why would a senator who went to Oxford and graduated with a law degree from Virginia, pretend to be stupid on Fox News and spew Russian propaganda? And within 24 hrs admit he was wrong on CNN, a different network with a different audience?

I mean, we know senators had been briefed about Russian interference prior to even his Fox News interview. So if he wasn’t merely placating to the stupid rube base that watches Fox News, why did he switch positions so quickly and admit that he was wrong on CNN?

Was he briefed again and in a more convincing fashion by our intelligence community between the Fox News and CNN interview?

And why wouldn’t he go back into Fox News to admit his previous day’s “mistakes?”

Republicans wouldn't be making bad faith arguments and saying one thing on Fox News to misinform their base at the detriment of our national security, would they?

Last edited:
I had a thought this morning about Tucker’s, “Why should I care about what Russia is doing to Ukraine” speech. It has everything to do with the book 1984. The proles (the working class) had the power to overthrow their authoritarian government. So why didn't they? They were too self-absorbed and distracted by cheap entertainment to care about anything beyond the present moment in their own personal bubble. If enough of this country, "doesn't care what Russia is doing to Ukraine", then we deserve everything we get.

It's looking more and more like Fox News and the GOP are marching in step with Putin's Russia. While Putin is focused on staying in power, it appears that Fox News and the GOP merely care about staying in power. Not to promote conservatism, but to merely stay in power and enrich themselves. Fox News has really become disgusting. This is just from today:

Last edited:
Here’s my favorite, no Fox News show is complete without bringing up AOC. This will probably trigger Archie, he hates AOC. We all know why she triggers the right so much. If she were an obese middle aged white woman, no one from the right would care who she was. But she’s not.

Before his show ended last night, Carlson said he was only joking about rooting for Russia. Haha. What a comedian. He and Hannity enjoyed a good laugh. Haha.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucke...ith-ukraine-then-claims-hes-joking?ref=scroll

"“Before we go, earlier in the show I noted I was rooting for Russia in the contest between Russia and Ukraine,” he said, “Of course, I’m joking. I’m only rooting for America—mocking the obsession many on the left have. Ha!”

Fellow Fox News star Sean Hannity, meanwhile, also helped Carlson sell his claim that he was merely joking with his Russia comment. During the handoff between their shows, Hannity quipped that "Tucker's a communist,” prompting Carlson to smack his desk and break out into a giggling fit.

“I rooted against Russia when it mattered by the way! Russia!!!” Carlson cackled.

John Dean

@JohnWDean

@joncoopertweets

If Giuliani really is Trump's lawyer, how does he not get disbarred for saying something like that? Either attorney client privilege applies or else he is part a criminal conspiracy with his client. Either way he should be disbarred imo. @sirkickyass

That's pretty much it right there.

When a poster presents an argument, then has that argument soundly addressed, does not make any attempt to counter the argument in a meaningful way and then comes back the next day making that argument again... That's just ****ing noise. That's not a person attempting to have a conversation. That's not a person interested in honesty or truth. That's a person sitting in the corner making fart noises while other people are trying to talk.

This is what really perturbed me the other week about this site. I went 5 full pages with most of the posts on ignore. Most of the posts being from jazzyfresh making farting noises while serious posters were attempting to discuss the impeachment hearings. Why he came here and spent his day off from work doing that is beyond me. Are people that unhappy with their jobs?

It really wore out my patience, not that it excuses my lashing out at someone. It gets real old sometimes when you see the garbage on tv, social media, and even on this website. But apparently trolling/defending your tribe is more important than honesty. I’m sure there’s some psychological explanation for it. But I’m not qualified to diagnose this trolling phenomenon we see online these days.

Last edited:
Here’s my favorite, no Fox News show is complete without bringing up AOC. This will probably trigger Archie, he hates AOC. We all know why she triggers the right so much. If she were an obese middle aged white woman, no one from the right would care who she was. But she’s not.

you meant today “but she’s hot”.