The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by colton, Jul 16, 2019.

1. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Lol

colton and fishonjazz like this.
  2. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    What's the evidence of that? I am legitimately curious; I've never looked into how effective or not the food stamp program is. And by evidence, I mean actual evidence, not just your anecdotal observations.

3. Eminence

Eminence Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Back when it was physical stamps fraud was pretty common, currently it's estimated at between 1 and 3%.

Here's an article on the history from Time: https://time.com/4711668/history-food-stamp-fraud/

gandalfe, colton and fishonjazz like this.
  4. Joe Bagadonuts

Joe Bagadonuts Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Great post. it's interesting that I have experienced a gift very similar to yours. I've been fortunate to find myself on the high end of the financial spectrum (though nowhere near as high as some). Given that we have such different views of the landscape now, it will be interesting to see which one of us is correct... as long as it's me that is correct. If it's you we will all sincerely wish this era had never happened.

5. Eminence

Eminence Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2015
    And something I'm not sure any statistics exist for (I doubt it), but is important to how I view the issue - I doubt much of that ~2% SNAP fraud is folks out here outright stealing tax dollars, it's the dude that's just short of qualifying for food stamps fudging a few numbers to try to get his family ahead. Which I have a hard time being overly upset about.

6. Jazzta

Jazzta Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Some of our money has gone to the Saudi regime. This is so beneficial to the American people yes sir.

7. Jazzta

Jazzta Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2017
    He’s certainly put a lot of American lives at risk by ordering Soleimani’s execution

8. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    Fair enough.
    I apologise.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

LoPo likes this.
  9. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    Good post.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

LoPo likes this.
  10. LoPo

LoPo Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2016
    It's a damn shame how much y'all can twist stuff around to fit the story you want to tell.

Continue to be brain washed by the media and tell whatever stories you need to tell yourselves to continue on your hate train. I'm so glad I don't live in your hate filled existence. I choose to appreciate the good as much as I can. I think we are living in pretty good times

And sorry for your veteran buddy who obviously deserves a handicapped parking spot and was definitely not the type person I was talking about. Good day everybody.

11. One Brow

One Brow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I'm sorry. I should narrow my stories so that when you come across as judgmental about other people's behavior, the stories don't do anything to make you feel bad.

Insulting my mental acuity does not improve how judgmental you are coming across.

I know, I did it again.

So, you are the one who complains about people on food stamps buying a steak or people not visibly disabled using a disabled parking spot, but I'm the one walking around filled with hate? OK.

Thank you for the conversation. Go Jazz!

colton and Zombie like this.
  12. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Well, may you live long enough to know which of us was correct. I'm thinking it will take some time to undo the damage that I see taking place. And with what I see as "retrograde forces" pushing a Post Truth landscape, well, that may make finding truth as elusive as it could possibly ever be, and I doubt I'll live long enough to see us get completely past this regrettable trend toward "truth is whatever you want it to be", or "truth is what the president says it is". Authoritarians love truth that is flexible toward their needs. The reason why I cannot envision, and would never want to accept, a Post Truth landscape as a permanent state. But we are still moving into that landscape, and I hope we spot the off ramps from that path, and head for them. It's gonna be awhile, I think. I just wish more Americans understood why that trend can be so damaging if we don't arrest it soon.

And, even if I be correct, it depends on how the American people ultimately respond to what the Trump Era wrought, that will really determine if we wish it had never happened. We might still wish as much, but if we learn from it, maybe we can turn it into a positive. Right now, we are severely divided, and divided we fall. I'd like to think that will not happen, and that we can eventually elevate and honor again our core values and principles. Even if my take is correct, I'd like to believe we can recover and learn from this huge mistake, as I see it. Mistakes should at least provide valuable lessons that we can use to create a better union. We're still a work in progress, it ain't over yet.

13. JazzyFresh

JazzyFresh Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    I remember Republicans spewing the same fear mongering bs about Obama. We're going to be fine Red, I swear it.

Joe Bagadonuts likes this.
  14. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Here’s to a speedy recovery for your wife and prosperous 2020 and beyond.

Red likes this.
  15. Wes Mantooth

Jul 14, 2015
    Handicapped people don’t even want to park in those spots! They wanna be treated just like everyone else!

The Thriller likes this.
  16. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010
    Kramer taught this

Wes Mantooth likes this.
  17. colton

colton All Around Nice Guy Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    Thanks!

"And this decline has only continued, with the 3.5% rate of fraud in 2012 reducing to less than 1.5% today."

--> 1.5% sounds pretty amazing, actually, less than I would have guessed.

18. Wes Mantooth

Jul 14, 2015
    That’s where I got it from, dude.

The Thriller and colton like this.
  19. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010
    Cult of personality:

20. The Thriller

Jun 8, 2010