The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by colton, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Gotcha, *******.

2. White Chocolate

White Chocolate Respect All, Fear None Contributor

Jul 25, 2010
    The United States now has the most confirmed cases of Coronavirus in the world and Trump wants to open up the country again. Makes tons of sense.

3. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Well, sometimes we think we know someone, and then something happens to tell us we did not know them well enough.

He and I had an unspoken agreement not to talk politics. I know I decided this in the summer of 2016. I'm pretty sure he must have decided the same, because he never broached the subject in that time either. Nor, obviously, did I. Again, unspoken, I decided "leave politics alone where this friend is concerned". Does that sound familiar, sir???

So, what happened recently is we had been talking about the coronavirus, and I mentioned the California governor had indicated he expected some 25.5 million California residents to get the virus. He wrote back that California should round up all of its homeless population, put them in camps with armed guards, and allow them to infect each other, and keep it contained in these camps. And, if they all died, so be it. Of course, that would not prevent all of Cal's infections, so I am not sure why he settled on the homeless specifically.

This sounded like a "final solution" for the homeless, and I let fly. For the first time in Trump's presidency. Yet, I still managed to tell him I knew he was a good man, and that his opinion was not the "real" him speaking. Whatever the heck I meant by that, I should have simply told him he should be ashamed of himself.

He wrote back to tell me I was mentally ill, and should myself be locked up. And to never contact him again. All because I rendered my opinion of Trump, and he simply could not handle it.

So, Joe Bagadonuts, I did not spend the past 3 1/2 years trying to ruin this friendship, as part of a "quest". But, **** happens. My wife says "I know you, you will forgive him". She may be right, but, it is hard to overlook what my friend said regarding homeless camps and the coronavirus. They are human beings, not the animals he has apparently concluded they are, simply disposable to him.

Sounds like you made an assumption about a "quest"?? on my part, and one of my friendships, Joe Bagadonuts. And you were wrong. You have a lot of nerve simply assuming you could presume what you have presumed of me! "It wouldn't be for me" you wrote. Well, aren't you special! I had taken the very same approach, but you presume to actually know me! Go away!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  4. Joe Bagadonuts

Joe Bagadonuts Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Is Wes actually Joe Biden in real life?
    Well, when someone says something like that they are revealing themselves to be mentally ill (and frighteningly callous). I do think you are on a quest regarding Trump, you have said that yourself often in many different ways on this site. But I believe you are a good man with a good heart. There is little you can do if this friend of yours no longer wants to behave reasonably.

Wes Mantooth likes this.
  5. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Just to underscore your point it's worth noting that China was on a long downtrend - reporting merely hundreds of new cases a day by the time they reached 76k cases. Not so much here in the states.

These graphs chart new cases reported per day, red circle indicates the day each country reached 76k total cases.
    China: IMG_20200326_181245.png

US:
    IMG_20200326_181243.png

/that huge spike in china's graph in Feb reflects reporting of a backlog of new cases, not a sudden spike.

6. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Well China is reaping the rewards of having two months to prepare for this pandemic. Unlike us. Oh wait...

it helps to have a president who reads rather than just sits on his *** watching the teevee

fishonjazz likes this.
  7. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Holier than thou.

Sanctimonious bs.

Where the hell do you get off lecturing me on this?

Jerk.

8. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    We had more pressing issues. Like a symbolic impeachment.

9. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    LOL!!!

Riiiiiighht. Because, clearly, had impeachment not happened, Donald wouldn’t have underestimated the pandemic.

We should insist next time that congress not perform its constitutional duty and let future presidents do whatever they want. Otherwise, we’ll deserve a pandemic.

10. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    This.
    I miss having an intelligent president

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Stars Fan likes this.
  11. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    Great excuse.
    Literally everyone knew that Trump would be let off the hook by the repubs. He didn't need to focus on the impeachment with the outcome already known.

That excuse doesn't fly for the way he handles this pandemic.

Dude is an idiot plain and simple.

Btw, is the impeachment still going on? I didn't think it was. So what's his excuse for wanting to restart everything for Easter?
    Answer: He is an adult infant and wants his chocolate Easter Bunny

12. idestroyedthetoilet

idestroyedthetoilet Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Wait, why do we need an excuse for wanting things to get back to normal a.s.a.p.?

13. Joe Bagadonuts

Joe Bagadonuts Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Interesting that you first made a reasonable response and then later came back with this. Like your former friend, I'm doing us both a favor and putting you on ignore.

14. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    Exactly. I don't know why someone made an excuse for how trump has handled the pandemic. I guess they must think he has done a poor job.

Also, I see that you thought I said what's his excuse for wanting things back to normal ASAP.

I didn't say that though. Glad I could clear up the confusion for you.

15. infection

infection Well-Known Member Staff Member 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

May 27, 2010
    I wasn’t offering an excuse.

16. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    So you just think that a symbolic impeachment is more pressing than a pandemic. I see.

In the post that you quoted when you brought up the impeachment it was talking about how we dropped the ball in regards to the pandemic.

Why did you bring up impeachment again?

17. Gameface

Gameface I actually REALLY like Gobert! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    But what about Benghazi?

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app

18. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
  19. BabyPeterzz

BabyPeterzz Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. idestroyedthetoilet

idestroyedthetoilet Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2018

Sorry, I'm still not following your train of thought.