What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

I actually read this Federalist article to see what the argument was. It all lands on one central premise:

upload_2020-5-21_12-12-9.png

Actually, no.

So, maybe this is news, but a telephone call has (at minimum) two people on the call. So if you're spying on a non-US citizen - say Kislyak - and Kislyak has a phone call then it means you're also listening to the second person too. It's an absurdity to argue that it's somehow improper to keep listening to the call because Michael Flynn is on the other end of the phone. That's precisely the kind of information you're spying on Kislyak to find out.

The logical leaps conservative media makes to protect their guys are sometimes surreal.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-21_12-11-47.png
    upload_2020-5-21_12-11-47.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 7
Well, if he wins in November, this issue would have to be reconciled. Either he's playing 300 dimensional chess or the DNC lost a chess match against someone playing 'heads or tails.' I think it's more of the latter, myself.
It's a weird situation for sure. Trump shouldn't be a difficult person to run against, he's an incredibly flawed person both morally and intellectually. On the other hand he's tapped into something that resonates with millions of people, and no amount of reasoning seems to put a dent in it. This isn't to say that the democrats have done a good job, by and large I think their messaging has been pretty poor, and their ideas too small.

However, I'm not entirely convinced that matters all the much in beating him. Regardless of credentials or experience or reputation as soon as someone finds themselves in opposition to Trump, his millions of followers are fed conspiracy theories and lies to discredit them. It's just a **** show all around.

The one law professor they could find to testify on Trump's behalf on impeachment. Shocker that he also takes the administration position on this one. Nope, def not a hack.

Not discussed in this article:

1. Flynn was an unregistered agent of Russia.

2. Flynn was an unregistered agent of Turkey

3. Flynn did the crime (Call with Kislyak)

4. Flynn lied when asked about it.

5. Flynn lied to the Vice President and Sean Spicer about the call.

What part of the evidence discussed in this article disproves any of the fundamental features of the case? What part of the legal argument in this article transforms Flynn's statements into truths? Did he lie when he plead guilty twice?

The article is hacky because it doesn't even engage major portions of the case. It's just a laundry list recitation of Flynn's defense attorneys' filings.

seems like Turley is having a rough day on Twitter as well.

Well, if he wins in November, this issue would have to be reconciled. Either he's playing 300 dimensional chess or the DNC lost a chess match against someone playing 'heads or tails.' I think it's more of the latter, myself.
I think you mean lost a popularity contest. Who has more loyal and more partisan voters? The Dems or Republicans? That's what decides who is president way more than which is the better candidate or who had the better debates or campaign etc.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think you mean lost a popularity contest. Who has more loyal and more partisan voters? The Dems or Republicans? That's what decides who is president way more than which is the better candidate or who had the better debates or campaign etc.

The strategy is to win the presidency.

I find it genuinely odd how Trump doesn't want to look unmasculine by wearing a mask but bakes himself in Cheeto dust and hair dye on the daily. Just another reason why a horde of people will say that masks are Bill Gates/George Soros secret masterplan to implant mind control chips in us being powered by underground radioactive gay frogs from China.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...he-press-the-pleasure-of-seeing-it-2020-05-21

It's funny how MSNBC or CNN catch a ton of flack for being too friendly to (some) democrats, but Fox News being an arm of the republican party is just taken for granted. Or, in this case, castigated for not doing enough for them.

One of the wildest things about Trump is how he makes no effort at objectivity, it's pure distilled partisanship all the way down with him, and his followers lap it up.

I actually read this Federalist article to see what the argument was. It all lands on one central premise:

View attachment 9318

Actually, no.

So, maybe this is news, but a telephone call has (at minimum) two people on the call. So if you're spying on a non-US citizen - say Kislyak - and Kislyak has a phone call then it means you're also listening to the second person too. It's an absurdity to argue that it's somehow improper to keep listening to the call because Michael Flynn is on the other end of the phone. That's precisely the kind of information you're spying on Kislyak to find out.

The logical leaps conservative media makes to protect their guys are sometimes surreal.

Sure enough, reported just hours after I wrote this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...s-never-masked-fbi-report-phone-call-n1212176

upload_2020-5-21_15-42-34.png

The whole house of cards falls apart the minute you leave the conservative media ecosystem.

Sure enough, reported just hours after I wrote this.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...s-never-masked-fbi-report-phone-call-n1212176

View attachment 9322

The whole house of cards falls apart the minute you leave the conservative media ecosystem.

Yeah, I posted that last night, the Washington Post scoop. I was wondering why no one picked up on it lol. Hey guys, he wasn’t masked. The whole thing is so absurd. It’s hard to believe it will fool anyone other than Trump’s supporters. It’s so silly, it will be interesting to see how far they can actually run with this, since it seems to be set up as a campaign strategy.

The strategy is to win the presidency.
I don't disagree
You can win the presidency with a poor strategy and with a worse strategy than your opponent if the numbers are in your favor for non strategic reasons.

Yeah, I posted that last night, the Washington Post scoop. I was wondering why no one picked up on it lol. Hey guys, he wasn’t masked. The whole thing is so absurd. It’s hard to believe it will fool anyone other than Trump’s supporters. It’s so silly, it will be interesting to see how far they can actually run with this, since it seems to be set up as a campaign strategy.

Must have missed it.

The problem is the R’s and Trump have to release all this early due to COVID response fall out. This **** would fly a few weeks out of an election, but this early? Ha. Good luck dudes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk