What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Ah, but the law states that you don't have to ask asylum at a designated border crossing. Merely at the border or within the United States.

What? If you come into the United States legally you will not have any problem. If you try to come illegally and get caught why should you be with your kids? You put them in that situation and you deserve the consequences as everyone who commits a crime does.

What? If you come into the United States legally you will not have any problem. If you try to come illegally and get caught why should you be with your kids? You put them in that situation and you deserve the consequences as everyone who commits a crime does.
You're completely missing the point. If you cross the border anywhere with a valid claim of asylum you are by definition not breaking the law.

Where do I even start? Do you only care about yourself? That's literally one of the most selfish things I've ever read on Jazzfanz.

What is he doing that affects you? What is he doing that negatively affects anyone? I’m genuinely curious.

Dems are harassing Trump. That's bad.

Trump is trolling the libs. That's good.

It’s not even harassment. It’s doing the ****ing job. Holding the executive accountable is exactly what the legislative should do. If anything, Dems have gone easy on trump. Think a republican controlled house would’ve permitted Clinton to do even 1/5th what trump has done?

You're completely missing the point. If you cross the border anywhere with a valid claim of asylum you are by definition not breaking the law.

Yes, seeking asylum is legal. Asylum seekers must be in the U.S. or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to apply for, or request the opportunity to apply for, asylum. "There’s no way to ask for a visa or any type of authorization in advance for the purpose of seeking asylum,” says the International Rescue Committee’s director of immigration, Olga Byrne. “You just have to show up."

You must already be in the U.S. or at a port of entry. Somehow that translates to crossing the border illegally. Come on, this is the people I have to deal with on here?

Lmao dude what? Please show me this law.
For almost 40 years, Congress has clearly stated that a foreign national who presents herself anywhere on the U.S. border or at a port of entry such as a harbor or airport has a right to claim asylum. In language codified as part of the Refugee Act of 1980, Congress authorized asylum claims by any foreign national “physically present in the United States or at a land border or port of entry” (emphasis added). Congress changed this text in 1996, but expressly reaffirmed in 8 U.S.C. 1158(a)(1)the eligibility for asylum of “any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival)"

https://www.lawfareblog.com/barring-asylum-claims-president-versus-statute

What is he doing that affects you? What is he doing that negatively affects anyone? I’m genuinely curious.

It doesn't seem like you're genuinely curious. If you were, you'd probably already know what he does that negatively affects "anyone" and agree that he shouldn't be our president. Bad faith exchanges aren't cool bro. You should just be honest with what it is you're looking for here.

You guys just make up ******** to fit your opinion. Concentration camps? Racism? Traitor? Incompetence? Unfitness for office? All this **** is made up.

Actually, it's not. Get your head out of the sand. As I mentioned, the "traitor" one is a matter of interpretation, but all the rest of the items on my list are extremely well documented.

I'll turn to Wikipedia for the first two because it's fast/east to find things
Concentration camps - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_administration_family_separation_policy
Racism - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump
Incompetence/unfitness - Here's just one example, https://www.axios.com/trump-cabinet-vacancies-65a66f00-a140-4b49-887f-3c1bcf6469a7.html. But I could probably name 10 other things off the top of my head.