What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

I can already see certain moderate R's lining up in 2024 to try and restore what it means to be a Republican.

Make no doubt, no one is immune from criticism to further themselves. Trumpism will be thrown under the bus if the waves of change suggest it.

I hope you’re right.

But Fox News and the racists who consist the majority of the Republican electorate aren’t going away even if he loses.

You want him to pimp out his own work? People would be in here bitching about how self-inflated he is, only thinking about himself. It was a ******** question.

it’s obvious that he’s never read the Bible. It’s obvious. Lying about how important that religious book is to him is deceitful and wrong. He’s manipulative, which is wrong. That’s why this clip is useful. It shows how clueless trump is about the Bible. It shows that he’d lie even about religion (most religions condemn lying, Christianity certainly does). He cares nothing about Christian causes, other than how the appearance of caring about them might benefit him politically. And it shows how willfully ignorant his white evangelical base is. What won’t they give him a free pass on? Obama, Clinton, or Romney for that matter, could have never given an answer like that without being crucified.

Last edited:
it’s obvious that he’s never read the Bible. It’s obvious. Lying about how important that book is is wrong. People believing in what trump is saying are dumber than rocks. That’s why this clip is useful. It shows how clueless trump is about the Bible. It shows that he’d lie even about religion (most religions condemn lying). And it shows how willfully ignorant his evangelical base is. Obama or Clinton could’ve never given an answer like that without being crucified.
I guess it was too cerebral.

Well, yeah. I said *should* not *will*.

At some point a senator is going to speak out against him, right? I get most are still onboard and will stay until the bitter end. But someone is for to break ranks and speak out, right? I’ve been disappointed in Mitt Collins. I mean Lisa Romney. Errrr jeff Romney. I mean Mitt Romney aka Pierre Delecto. His seat is as safe as they come and speaking out against racism and police brutality is the right thing to do. I think even the LDS church’s and BYU’s statements recently provide him with far more cover than needed to offset the potential political blowback from Trumpy voters.

I expect Mike Lee, Stewart, Bishop, and Curtis to be horrible. Mitt Romney should be better. Heck, if anything, it could be politically advantageous. Especially if he still considers 2024 a possibility...

Quite frankly, I’m kinda surprised this is being reported. And I wonder if Meadows is going to get blowback for leaking this?

side note, did you see this @colton?

It’s going to be on one of his properties in Florida, right?

I guess it was too cerebral.

Are you being sarcastic? Okay. Cool. You got me. Honestly, it’s hard to tell when you conservatives are being sarcastic and joking around after all these years of making excuses for the inexcusable.

Last edited:

"When [previous presidents] needed the park cleared, the police set up wooden barriers, sent police cars to block off streets, and stationed officers at key locations to block passersby. That is what “clearing the park” used to look like — orderly, gentle, peaceful. Now, clearing the park for the president looked like body armor, sounded like gunfire and burned the back of my throat.

There were so many layers of irony, and hypocrisy. People were protesting the fact that their government had been enslaving, incarcerating, overlooking and brutalizing them for generations — and the government brutalized them again. Religious people, who were literally wiping away the protesters’ tears, were driven off the church property with brute force and fear. All so that Trump could use the church as a backdrop and wave the Bible like a prop. It was beyond offensive. It was sacrilege."

Please read the whole article. Here's a part.

https://thebulwark.com/putting-the-watchdogs-to-sleep/

"Had Trump fired all of the inspectors general in a single night, it might have aroused more outrage. With time and repetition, though, the president has normalized the task of disposing of those who raise legal and ethical concerns about his administration’s actions.

Over the last two months, Trump has purged five inspectors general. He fired the IG responsible for kickstarting his impeachment; he fired a pair of IGs tasked with monitoring the administration’s handling of the coronavirus; he fired a State Department IG who was reportedly reviewing Secretary Pompeo’s abuse of taxpayer resources (and arms sales to Saudi Arabia); and he fired the Department of Transportation IG who was looking into whether Secretary Elaine Chao—who is married Sen. Mitch McConnell—had given preferential treatment to the state her husband represents.

You know. Because Donald Trump came to Washington to drain the swamp."

Please read the whole article. Here's a part.

https://thebulwark.com/putting-the-watchdogs-to-sleep/

"Had Trump fired all of the inspectors general in a single night, it might have aroused more outrage. With time and repetition, though, the president has normalized the task of disposing of those who raise legal and ethical concerns about his administration’s actions.

Over the last two months, Trump has purged five inspectors general. He fired the IG responsible for kickstarting his impeachment; he fired a pair of IGs tasked with monitoring the administration’s handling of the coronavirus; he fired a State Department IG who was reportedly reviewing Secretary Pompeo’s abuse of taxpayer resources (and arms sales to Saudi Arabia); and he fired the Department of Transportation IG who was looking into whether Secretary Elaine Chao—who is married Sen. Mitch McConnell—had given preferential treatment to the state her husband represents.

You know. Because Donald Trump came to Washington to drain the swamp."

Average American says, “What’s an inspector general?...”

Informed American, a rare breed, replies, “well, you see, after the Nixon administration—“

“Oh wait,” Average American interrupts, “my phone is making a sound. And my kids, you know, so busy.”

I came across this quote recently, and researched its origin. It’s from a 1995 essay in the New York Review of Books, by Italian novelist and scholar Umberto Eco:

“There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.“

I think it’s been referenced in recent years, because it’s as if Eco was seeing ahead to the Cult of Trump.

The essay in question. The line extracted is from Eco's 13th point in the essay:

https://www.pegc.us/archive/Articles/eco_ur-fascism.pdf

Recent essays dealing with the subject of Trump, the Republican Party and fascism:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/06/03/trump-protests-fascism/

https://newrepublic.com/article/157949/fascism-america-trump-anti-police-george-floyd-protests

"The country has entered a moment in which the frog notices it is getting boiled".

Last edited: