What's new

The official "let's impeach Trump" thread

Aside from the comedy of suggesting that all the people getting welfare are spending their money on extra yogurt, where do you think that the money they are giving away comes from?
You think I said all the people are spending their money on extra yogurt. Ok. Agree to disagree.
What I was actually saying is that the yogurt my company makes is more expensive than other yogurt and yogurt in general isn't a necessity. So I do believe that someone who was buying our yogurt might not buy it anymore or buy less of it if they have less money. I think that when you have less money you change the way you spend that money. In a lot of ways. So that extra money they were getting probably helps lots of businesses, not just mine. But it's ok if you disagree.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You think I said all the people are spending their money on extra yogurt. Ok. Agree to disagree.
What I was actually saying is that the yogurt my company makes is more expensive than other yogurt and yogurt in general isn't a necessity. So I do believe that someone who was buying our yogurt might not buy it anymore or buy less of it if they have less money. I think that when you have less money you change the way you spend that money. In a lot of ways. So that extra money they were getting probably helps lots of businesses, not just mine. But it's ok if you disagree.
You’re absolutely on to something. Don’t let these neocons convince you otherwise. This injection of cash was explicitly about keeping the economy at its previous size and ready to reboot once the pandemic was under good management.

The best position on all of this was, unfortunately, the cynical one: the USA was never going to get the pandemic under good management... so the initial 3 trillion dollars was inevitably going to build a bridge to nowhere. The cynic continues by predicting that, months later, we’d definitely find ourselves with a raging outbreak, AND this bridge to nowhere, AND squabbling over the mess long enough to damage/shrink the economy. The worst of all possible outcomes.

And yet somehow the stock market is steadily rebounding....... doubling the cynicisms of the cynic.

I'm spending my money on extra yogurt.

I'm spending my money on extra yogurt.
michelle-heaton-promotes-yogurt-week-shutterstock-editorial-3765890c.jpg

Sorry for misinterpreting you. It's still pretty funny, if true, that high-end yogurt sales might be up as the result of people being laid off.