What's new

The Official Welcome Back Rasp/Trout and Hopper/Taint Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one issued to you for trolling on 7/14/2010. Your notice argument related to the prior warning issued to you on 7/8/2010.

There is no need.

Two things:

1. Since the infraction is not the warning, and since you explicitly acknowledge this difference, then, even assuming the infraction was somehow "appealed" without my knowledge, notification, or participation, then you would still know your statement was false. Please retract it.

2. Who (obviously not me) participated in, and decided this so-called appeal? Were you notified of a decision? I certainly wasn't. Like I said, I didn't even know an "appeal" was being "heard" (I put "heard" in scarequotes because there is nothing to hear if the appealing party can say nothing, now, is there?).

1. Since the infraction is not the warning, and since you explicitly acknowledge this difference, then, even assuming the infraction was somehow "appealed" without my knowledge, notification, or participation, then you would still know your statement was false. Please retract it.

The "notice" argument related to an infraction issued on 7/14/2010. The argument, to the best of my recollection, was that you had not actually been warned that your behavior was infraction worthy because you did not feel that the phrasing of the 7/8/2010 warning was sufficiently exact. The implication of the argument, to my mind, was that the infraction should be repealed because your warning was not sufficient to warn you away from such behavior in the future. As such, the statement Jason made regarding your appeal was made in the thread relating to the infraction. I find it difficult to believe that you were arguing that we should repeal the previous warning and not the infraction, as that would be of no practical benefit to you. If that was truly your argument then the issue is one of interpretation rather than making "false statements."

There is no "knowing false statement" here aint. I'm not certain why you're fixating.

2. Who (obviously not me) participated in, and decided this so-called appeal?

Jason.

Did you present that "case" to him? The case that the warning was clear? If not, did anyone? Or did he just undertake a completely independent review, with no input from any parties at all?

Were you notified of Jason's decision? If so, how?

I'm not handing over to you a section of a thread in the moderator forum aint. That's the only real way to answer your question.

You're not entitled to that.

To quote an anonymous neg repper, "your inquiries have grown tiresome."

Either a) you appealed and you lost or b) you never bothered to ask for an appeal. No matter which version of events you believe the discussion is moot.

I'm not handing over to you a section of a thread in the moderator forum aint. That's the only real way to answer your question. You're not entitled to that.

Just exactly what I've come to expect from you, Kicky. Claims based on supposed reliance upon "secret" information that no on else is "entitled to." Since they don't have the secret, inaccessible information, you tell them, like One Brow, that he can't argue with you. The implication is that if only he knew what you knew, he would agree with you. But he can't know what you know, because you refuse to reveal it.

Either a) you appealed and you lost or b) you never bothered to ask for an appeal. No matter which version of events you believe the discussion is moot.

Call it moot, all you want. I didn't claim it was (or was not) moot. I claimed that the so-called warning was vague, ambiguous, and incomprehensible. It is, and was. That's the truth of the matter.

Had I known that this "issue" was supposedly being "litigated" (your word) on "appeal," I would have pointed out why, but of course I wasn't given that opportunity.

As you know, among other problems, the so-called "notice of warning"

1. Contained a reference to page numbers which did not exist,
2. Did not contain a link to the allegedly objectionable post(s), your postive assurance to the contrary notwithstanding,
3. Quoted all kinds of rules about "bizzare posting formats," deliberate disruption of the useablility of the board (trolling) and other things, but nothing was said about how my post(s) could possibly violate those rules, and
4. My two subsequent requests for clarification went totally unresponded to.

I wonder if you told Jason all of that on "my" appeal, eh? I know I didn't. I wasn't even there.

Oh joy!

With such injustices it's a wonder that such reasonable people as yourself, Hopper, can even stand to participate in this farce of a fan message board.

It really does get kind of old. It's kind of like my brother-in-law telling me over and over why he can't wipe his feet before walking all over my carpet. I tell him it's my carpet and if he doesn't like it he can refrain from coming into my house at all. He responds by telling me that it's a carpet and the reason it's there is to be walked on, so why in the world would I be so unreasonable as to forbid him from doing so.

Good times.

So does he take his shoes off or not?

I'm not handing over to you a section of a thread in the moderator forum aint. That's the only real way to answer your question.

You're not entitled to that.

To quote an anonymous neg repper, "your inquiries have grown tiresome."

I'm curious why you feel compelled to reply to his antics. Ignorance is bliss. If he doesn't like it, he can, like you said, go start his own forum or find another that suits his "needs."

Hopper is one of the few people that make the board worth reading...how can ya say he disrupts the "usability." Must be some real dimwits round.

So does he take his shoes off or not?

The actual situation is that he doesn't knock before coming in and my MIL (who lives at my house--biggest mistake of my life, and I've made a few good ones) basically encourages it by unlocking the front door for him when he hints that he might come over some time in the next few days. I've spoken to him directly a few times, besides going through my wife and to a lesser extent my MIL, yet he seems incapable of doing it. He doesn't actually give me any reasons why he doesn't knock, he just agrees and says he will...next time.

His whole side of the family has a thing about telling people to just walk in. Great for them! I wonder if he thinks I'm being rude, but I don't really care. My mom knocks when she comes over. My sister knocks when she comes over. I do the same when I visit them.

I've decided that the next time he walks in and I see him I'm going to punch him in the face. I've talked to a few people about it. My friend at work tells me I could be charged with domestic violence. Is that true? Doesn't make sense to me, as he would basically be trespassing. I've got a right to defend my home, right? I don't want a domestic violence charge, then I wouldn't be able to keep all of my guns. They might even make me go to AA or something. **** all that!

Any ideas? Should I just say to hell with it and build a cabin in the mountains? I just don't think I could leave my son behind and I doubt he'd want to go.

Hopper is one of the few people that make the board worth reading...how can ya say he disrupts the "usability." Must be some real dimwits round.

I agree with tis statement. I only disagree when it comes to his bitchy little "woe is me, why are the mods picking on me" posts. It's undignified.

Don't git me wrong, Clutch, I sho nuff aint tryin to claim I'm no genius, or nuthin. Still, I think this here "confederacy of dunces" quote has applications that go beyond intelligence, and apply to other areas, ya know?

Johnny Swift said:
When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.

I'm curious why you feel compelled to reply to his antics.

I had him on ignore up until he posted today and it became apparent he had a specific complaint about me personally. Now that his base question has been answered and it's apparent he only wants to complain about an issue that was buried a month ago he's regained his exalted status on my ignore list.

I agree with tis statement. I only disagree when it comes to his bitchy little "woe is me, why are the mods picking on me" posts. It's undignified.

Well, Game, it might be just a tad "undignified" of you to suggest that my attempts to understand and correct misrepresentations about me as being tantamount to no more than "bitchy" little "woe is me" complaints. If you were on trial for a crime, and made any attempt to defend yourself, would you simply be "bitchy," ya figure? Or would it be that, and "woe is me," combined?

I've decided that the next time he walks in and I see him I'm going to punch him in the face.

Well, Game, if ya does that, I guess he aint really got but 2 choices, eh?

1. He can take the dignified and courageous approach. That is to say he can take it and shut up. Maybe thank you for it. But if he doesn't like it he can go home. Or alternately...

2. He can take the undignifed, bitchy, "woe is me" approach, and hit your *** back.

Maybe you figure he aint no bitch, eh?

Marcus, you should be carful with that signature. Word from on high is that the use of quotation marks, as opposed to quote balloons, makes these threads more difficult to read. I would hate for you to get a warning for that.

Puh-lease.

One Brow, please leave off the snide comments directed at the moderators. Especially when you get the facts wrong that you are complaining about. You are acting as Hopper's tool, and it's not pretty. Or should I say it AIN'T pretty.

Puh-lease.

One Brow, please leave off the snide comments directed at the moderators. Especially when you get the facts wrong that you are complaining about. You are acting as Hopper's tool, and it's not pretty. Or should I say it AIN'T pretty.

What "facts" did Eric get wrong, colton?

Status
Not open for further replies.