What's new

The Paths Forward From Here

Which path should we take?

• Compete now - Trade for a "star" (Dejounte Murray, Zach LaVine, Quickley, or a similar type player)

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Chill mode - Just ride the fence until next offseason

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Consolidate and roll with the young players more - trade some of KO, THT, Clarkson, Collins, Sexton

Votes: 50 65.8%
  • Tank City - Pursue a Lauri trade that nets us a haul and start a true 3-4 year tank

Votes: 8 10.5%

• Total voters
Maybe the Jazz would if Keyonte weren't one of only two ball movers on the team.
Not true. Both THT and Dunn can move the ball as well. Racking up more assists on less turnovers. Olynyk is a great ball mover too. Plus even if that was true, George's ball moving skill alone isn't enough to justify him being on the floor, as he's a big negative on all other aspects of the game which result in a negative winshare overall, tie with Luka Shamanic for last place on the team.

Not true. Both THT and Dunn can move the ball as well. Racking up more assists on less turnovers. Olynyk is a great ball mover too. Plus even if that was true, George's ball moving skill alone isn't enough to justify him being on the floor, as he's a big negative on all other aspects of the game which result in a negative winshare overall, tie with Luka Shamanic for last place on the team.
Ball moving does not equal assist.

Neither Dunn or THT are ball movers, Kelly is.

Everyone seems to be pretty sure that Cooper Flagg is a generational talent who's worth tanking for. I think it's a bit early for that. We've only seen him face high school competition, and he seems to have been a bit of an early bloomer.

My main concern is that he doesn't seem to have NBA quickness for his size. It wouldn't matter that much if he was 6'10'' like the BS hype machine says, but he's not... he's 6'8'', like Buzelis. That's a small forward.

I like his game a lot, but some of his success has clearly come from physically dominating high schoolers. He's very long, which is good, but his foot speed is nothing special even at the HS level.

View: https://youtu.be/7RiGVgJOO6o?si=FPews51NNRVZSfZ2

View: https://youtu.be/l4maoiqsmq8?si=mscOal9I42tLtFrI

This guy does some awesome work on breaking down negatives about those elite NBA prospects. Definitely worth watching.

But still pretty excited about the possibility of having Flagg in Utah for the obvious reason

Thought in the whole JFZ you would be the one to agree on THT being the better ball mover than George?
No, because he clearly isnt. I'm someone who appreciates THT for the things he can do, not make up stuff and attribute it to him.

THT is nice at drive and kick and seeing passes, but he's still a guy who stops the ball more than he moves it.

I guess now that Quickley is gone, Murray is the Jazz only remaining option to upgrade the PG spot.

If you just take out all our guards and replace them w/ 3&D wings, we might have a squad though.

Trae unlocks Walker more than anyone else can. Trae/Lauri are a great combo. Hendricks would fit in nicely.
I know he’s good. I hate how he plays basketball and have no faith it will get you anywhere meaningful.

I mean, he's been to the conference finals....
I’m aware. He’s not complete fools gold but I bet he never gets as far as he did that year. Philly also had a monumental meltdown… it happens so not completely flukey but I’d be surprised if he’s the best player on a second round team again. He’s also the guy who gets the most overrated player award from other players and seems to be a ****** teammate. If you are going to top out as a second round team then at least do it with something fun to watch.

I’m aware. He’s not complete fools gold but I bet he never gets as far as he did that year. Philly also had a monumental meltdown… it happens so not completely flukey but I’d be surprised if he’s the best player on a second round team again. He’s also the guy who gets the most overrated player award from other players and seems to be a ****** teammate. If you are going to top out as a second round team then at least do it with something fun to watch.
Sure, but just imagine the offense with Lauri/Trae.

Honestly if I won the lottery this year, I would try and use the #1 overall pick to get a guy *like* Trae. Like that star who is kind of on the market, but the team needs to be blown away. Even in a weak draft, getting the #1 pick is just such a huge sell to your fanbase.

I mean, now I'm talking myself into Trae Young being the perfect fit and a buy low star.

Trae has always been on badly designed Atlanta teams.