• This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

The R.I.P. Thread

prodigy

I saw Bob Debry around, I never conversed with him but he was still active in his 80's and generally seemed to be well liked.

Horror Film Director/Special Effects artist Robert Hall passed away earlier these week.

jazzVA

I saw ZZ Top a couple years ago in Va Beach on the beach. Don’t let opportunities pass to see musicians you like because you never know. I saw Tom Petty three months before he died. Also glad I saw Warren Zevon and some others. There’s plenty still alive I’ve seen tho! RIP Dusty...

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner

Beat me to it. Very sad. Always been one of my favorite bands. Saw them a few times in concert. One of the best concerts I ever saw was the eliminator concert in the 80's in my early teens. Blew me away.

These are the ones that make you feel like a little part of your childhood died too. Like Robin Williams.

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner

candrew

I saw ZZ Top a couple years ago in Va Beach on the beach. Don’t let opportunities pass to see musicians you like because you never know. I saw Tom Petty three months before he died. Also glad I saw Warren Zevon and some others. There’s plenty still alive I’ve seen tho! RIP Dusty...
They're (Gibbons and Beard) still touring.

I think they replaced Hill with one of their backstage crew.