What's new

The Reason Why NFL Ratings Are Declining

Btw, plenty of blacks fought in WWI and WWII for the right to be treated as citizens. The failure of the police to treat them as such and the racist dog whistling by the twitter in chief is an appalling act of disrespect upon these valiant veterans and the sacrifice they made for the flag. Unfortunately, this lesson is lost to deplorables like you.

Blacks protest? They’re told to shut up, get out of roads, and get jobs.
Blacks protest that their lives matter and they’re told to shut up and all lives matter.
A handful of black athletes make a silent protest during the least watched part of the game, the twitter in chief says some Racist things, and now your side is telling blacks to shut up, stand up, and worship the flagthe way you want.

I feel bad for blacks in this country. No matter what they do a handful of trump supporters are always gonna bitch about them.

you mean the ones who call for shooting cops ?? ok

Blacks protest? They’re told to shut up, get out of roads, and get jobs.
Blacks protest that their lives matter and they’re told to shut up and all lives matter.
A handful of black athletes make a silent protest during the least watched part of the game, the twitter in chief says some Racist things, and now your side is telling blacks to shut up, stand up, and worship the flagthe way you want.

I feel bad for blacks in this country. No matter what they do a handful of trump supporters are always gonna bitch about them.

They absolutely should get out of the roads IMO. It’s dangerous to them and to those in the vehicles. Stupid.

As for the rest, they can protest how they want. If they want that to be kneeling for the anthem then right on.

Also anyone that does anything will get criticized for it. That’s hardly exclusive to any one group.

They absolutely should get out of the roads IMO. It’s dangerous to them and to those in the vehicles. Stupid.

As for the rest, they can protest how they want. If they want that to be kneeling for the anthem then right on.

Also anyone that does anything will get criticized for it. That’s hardly exclusive to any one group.

It is actually illegal to conduct a protest or a display of free speech that impedes traffic or hinders other citizens, who are not involved, in doing their work or going about their business. That is mostly the reason why protesters get arrested. You can protest all you want but you cannot shut down a common thoroughfare to do it, that is illegal.

It is actually illegal to conduct a protest or a display of free speech that impedes traffic or hinders other citizens, who are not involved, in doing their work or going about their business. That is mostly the reason why protesters get arrested. You can protest all you want but you cannot shut down a common thoroughfare to do it, that is illegal.

Good.

I'm sure we've all seen the videos of protestors trying to block freeways and other major roads and people end up getting hit.

And I am pro them protesting. Good, use your first amendment. Make your voice heard. Good.

That’s what puts the “disobedience” in civil disobedience.

Non-violent civil disobedience is fundamental to liberty

Ghandi, Thomas Jefferson & Ben Franklin, Jesus, John Lennon, Rosa Parks all examples of such and advocates.

I honestly have been upset in past years by the displays of power and military propaganda associated with the NFL

It's even more prevalent when your at the game, every commercial break it's support the troops (support the wars)

I'm anti-war, gun toting hunter and fisherman

People have hard time labeling me and I laugh, I'm a libertarian from the same stock as Thomas Jefferson

I'm anti-violence, but you don't want to get into a fight with me. It's absolute last resort, rarely anything good comes from war despite the good intentions

The man given credit for taking out Custer, Sitting Bull, who united warring Indian Nations to defeat the US cavalry, is quoted as saying all the best warriors were the ones most reluctant to war. And he would know.

Ghandi, Thomas Jefferson & Ben Franklin, Jesus, John Lennon, Rosa Parks all examples of such and advocates.

Great, they should not be able to randomly block roads. Plenty of other ways to be civilly disobedient and aside from blocking roads I am hard pressed to find one I oppose.

Great, they should not be able to randomly block roads. Plenty of other ways to be civilly disobedient and aside from blocking roads I am hard pressed to find one I oppose.

Nothing blocks roads more than dropping bombs and taking out a countries infrastructure. People can't get medicine, food, water, kids, grandmothers, all the innocents suffer from our drone strikes we don't even pay attention to anymore.

We're in more wars the last 15 years, last 8 years, than anytime in our history, we're numb to it, as we speak about players standing or sitting were bombing a handful of countries. Instead media wants to talk about players standing for the Nation Anthem lol

Nothing blocks roads more than dropping bombs and taking out a countries infrastructure. People can't get medicine, food, water, kids, grandmothers, all the innocents suffer from our drone strikes we don't even pay attention to anymore.

We're in more wars the last 15 years, last 8 years, than anytime in our history, we're numb to it, as we speak about players standing or sitting were bombing a handful of countries. Instead media wants to talk about player standing for the Nation Anthem lol

lol, out of left field.

If you want to talk about the completely unrelated war culture of America fine. But stop trying to equate the two as they are nothing alike. You are the only one to make the dramatic jump to war. smh

On war, I think we need to close a dramatic number of our over seas military bases and go far, far, far more into a defensive only nature. Withdraw back to our homeland or that of formal allies such as NATO and Japan. No more Syria, Ukraine, Niger, Afghanistan... let them govern themselves. If they want us there they will enter into formal alliances and shoulder far more of the burden. I have no interest in being the world police. Simply a strong, unshakable ally to our friends and interested in commerce with all.

That is their option. But there are laws that govern this, laws that were deemed constitutional, so they can block roads if they want, then they get arrested for it. Choice and consequence.

One of the big ones that hit the news, what about a half decade ago, was people blocking walking paths at a university on campus. They were so dense they blocked people from getting to class and even getting on campus was very difficult. This was one of those that showed the police hitting people sitting on walkways with pepper spray to get them to disperse.

lol, out of left field.

If you want to talk about the completely unrelated war culture of America fine. But stop trying to equate the two as they are nothing alike. You are the only one to make the dramatic jump to war. smh

On war, I think we need to close a dramatic number of our over seas military bases and go far, far, far more into a defensive only nature. Withdraw back to our homeland or that of formal allies such as NATO and Japan. No more Syria, Ukraine, Niger, Afghanistan... let them govern themselves. If they want us there they will enter into formal alliances and shoulder far more of the burden. I have no interest in being the world police. Simply a strong, unshakable ally to our friends and interested in commerce with all.

Well said. My thoughts exactly.

I thought that was obvious, civil disobedience is one of the most effective methods of protest. Saying protestors shouldn’t break the law kind of defeats the point of protesting imo.

I am not sure what you are getting at. Of course they can break the law, anyone can. Are you trying to argue they should be exempt from the law, or not suffer any consequences for breaking the law?

I am not sure what you are getting at. Of course they can break the law, anyone can. Are you trying to argue they should be exempt from the law, or not suffer any consequences for breaking the law?

I think we’re in agreement here. My point is just that many of the most effective protest were done in such a way that was outside the law. If you are willing to get arrested for your cause it lends legitimacy to it.