What's new

The reasons I will no longer make game threads

This thread should be pinned. Some unsurprising items being brought forth but still very entertaining.

I'm actually with you on that one. I mean, I like both of 'em, but Vinny just irritates me more than Archie. Vinny's shtick gets old fast and is almost as annoying as Hopper's. Dunno where the hell all the hate for Archie is coming from, because since this board's triumphant return, he's been very tolerable AND of worth.

**** man. Im not sure what Im supposed to do now.

Here's a PM I got from the elitist hack-a-noff mongler.

For the record, I sent this PM prior to this thread being created.

This was also in response to the following PMs sent by Archie.

You're an ***. I put a lot of work into that thread and for you to lock it because of a typo I can only ask one question, what's your problem? Seriously? Does it make you feel powerful? Nice job, chump, I'm not making any more game threads and go **** yourself. I hope I get a warning for that too, I really do.

You're truly a dumb *** (for lack of better word) if you thinking changing a "21" to "22" is along the same line as changing a thread title to make a smug and condescending remark towards my intelligence. The fact that you closed the thread rather than fix this, shows your "passive/aggressiveness" towards me. Seriously, dude, what's the problem? Don't act like you're so innocent.

I don't think my response was overly aggressive given that Archie's first recourse (and continued preferred way of dealing with the stupidest "controversy" imaginable) is to try name-calling.

Just admit it, kicky, you do suffer from little man syndrome and you're as power hunger as it gets.

Re: Little man syndrome. I'm 5'10". Usually this is associated with people far below median heights and builds. I sometimes think you believe I'm 5'3" and weigh under 100 pounds.

As to "power hungry," I've always been highly confused by this claim. It's not like I'm getting more power by doing something like locking your thread. It's not even as if I'm consolidating control over anything. There's no power to be gained.

On the other hand I can think of one Mike McKell who has publicly attempted to become a mod multiple times and been turned down. That may be where your obsession over the power dynamic involved comes from.

The fact that you went out of your way to "lock" something that should never had been locked and then use some crappy excuse that "it was the easiest step for you to take" is lame.

Actually, I did the easiest thing possible. I simply had to click a box when I replied to lock it instead of going through the editing boxes and typing in reasons why it was edited.

As I've told you before, if you had simply created the exact same thread with the correct date I would have stickied the new thread. Instead, you've decided to go this route.

If it was anyone else that made that thread, you would never had touched it or locked it, simple, period, point blank.

Many posters believe I am singling them out. By definition, they can't all be right.

I deny your claim. Of course, we don't have another test case where this happened.

Obviously, you believe what you believe. But come on, is this really something worth getting this upset about?

You locked it because you KNEW you were going to start something

Trust me when I say I had no idea you were going to have a public meltdown.

and you're little internet posse would have your back.

I have an internet posse? So now not only do I have a personal vendetta against you but there's a conspiracy I direct against you as well?

Sorry dude. You're not that important.

And seriously, this "issue" isn't that important either. You're overreacting. Deal with it and move on.

Last edited:
I will admit I started a new game thread today just to tweak you after you threw such a huge tantrum.

I have to get my small pleasures somewhere.

Dude, it's sad that kicky just doesn't get it. I give his debate team experience and his law school props though, because he sure can argue anything and make it seem like he's right. Dude, we all know the easiest step would have been to leave it alone (quit saying you did the easiest thing by locking it. The only one that believes that is you) I didn't do anything that deserved for that thread to be locked, unless mixing up 21 with 22 is deserving for a lock, and that's the point. It's that simple and you know it. You're pulling a carolinajazz on us acting like you don't know why this would upset me. I wouldn't have been a big deal, but YOU made it a big deal, because you SINGLE people out. Ever wonder why you're accused of it so often? Coincidence? I think not. You just can't see it, can you Mr. Adam Romney? Anyways, props for making the new game thread and acting like you're putting salt in the wound, very mature of you. (I know, right?) Why don't you go brag about having to stop for bobby-pins again, big man.

Oh, btw, who wouldn't want me as a mod? I don't have short man, power hungry syndrome.

Dude, we all know the easiest step would have been to leave it alone (quit saying you did the easiest thing by locking it. The only one that believes that is you)

Sure. Also the easiest step would be for me to never moderate anything.

I didn't do anything that deserved for that thread to be locked, unless mixing up 21 with 22 is deserving for a lock, and that's the point.

Game threads, at their core, provide a couple of basic points of information. The opponent, the location, and the date of the game. You blew the basics. I fully acknowledge I could have edited it. But it was 1AM and hitting the reset button was easier. Then you threw a tantrum over the most minor stakes imaginable and you didn't exactly endear me to your cause in the process.

The other reason (and I wrote this in the mod forum at the time) was that several of the things in the thread were of a questionable nature. At least one of your captions seemed to potentially run up against the recent statement about cutting it out with the gay jokes and the Al Jefferson/ Al Jolson picture is pretty provocative. An editing job would have been more extensive than changing the date.

As to the way I wrote the post: brevity is the soul of wit.

You're pulling a carolinajazz on us acting like you don't know why this would upset me.

I still don't know why you're this upset. It's a non-event.

I wouldn't have been a big deal, but YOU made it a big deal,

You're right. I apologize for starting an entire thread about why my feelings got hurt.

YOU single people out. Ever wonder why you're accused of it so often? Coincidence? I think not.

I always figure it's because people are self-centered whiners. A few times a year posters complain they're singled out because they get a warning or infraction for circumventing the profanity filter even though that's the most consistently applied rule on the board.

Everyone thinks they're special.

By definition if I'm supposedly targeting a lot of people I'm not singling ANYBODY out.

Anyways, props for making the new game thread and acting like you're putting salt in the wound,

Isn't the real joke here that there's actually a wound?

Why don't you go brag about having to stop for bobby-pins again, big man.

You got that wrong. That story is about big breasts.

Last edited:
Sure. Also the easiest step would be for me to never moderate anything.

The thread didn't need to be locked. The fact you don't get that boggles my mind.

Game threads, at their core, provide a couple of basic points of information. The opponent, the location, and the date of the game. You blew the basics. I fully acknowledge I could have edited it. But it was 1AM and hitting the reset button was easier. Then you threw a tantrum over the most minor stakes imaginable and you didn't exactly endear me to your cause in the process.

This is a message board, not English class. Why don't you go lock every thread with a typo? Quit comparing the time you changed the thread title (at my expense) with changing a 21 to a 22.

The other reason (and I wrote this in the mod forum at the time) was that several of the things in the thread were of a questionable nature. At least one of your captions seemed to potentially run up against the recent statement about cutting it out with the gay jokes and the Al Jefferson/ Al Jolson picture is pretty provocative. An editing job would have been more extensive than changing the date.
Fail.
As to the way I wrote the post: brevity is the sole of wit.
I'm gonna make something up for this: Elitistism.

I still don't know why you're this upset. It's a non-event.

lol,yeah, go a head a play that card. I wish I saw your face when you locked the thread.
You're right. I apologize for starting an entire thread about why my feelings got hurt.

No, you didn't start the thread. I did, but I'm pretty sure you were the spark to the fire.

I always figure it's because people are self-centered whiners. A few times a year posters complain they're singled out because they get a warning or infraction for circumventing the profanity filter even though that's the most consistently applied rule on the board.
Or because you single people out and are extremely condescending.
*See your new game thread at the multiple smug remarks about, none other than me. Oh innocent kicky doesn't know why people feel the way they do.

Everyone thinks they're special.
I am special. Just not in a Vinylone way.

By definition if I'm supposedly targgeting a lot of people I'm not singling ANYBODY out.

*targeting. If I were a mod, I would have locked this thread because of that.

Isn't the real joke here that there's actually a wound?

It was an expression.

You got that wrong. That story is about big breasts.

No ****, Sherlock. Even fat dudes have cleavage.

Even fat dudes have cleavage.

Didn't you throw a tantrum because I made a joke about the Salt Lake City modeling industry recently?

This is hardly the first time you've gone here. One reason I find it exceedingly difficult to take you seriously when you behave as if you're taking the high road.

Didn't you throw a tantrum because I made a joke about the Salt Lake City modeling industry recently?

This is hardly the first time you've gone here. One reason I find it exceedingly difficult to take you seriously when you behave as if you're taking the high road.

Wait, what?

The thread did not need to be locked. It also did not need to be made as early as it was.

The thread did not need to be locked. It also did not need to be made as early as it was.
+1

This thread is pure awesome though.

And Archie, what the ****, dude? What are you trying to accomplish here? Everyone who hates you is loving this.

Is tink an ***? Sometimes. Does he get off on people creating threads like this? Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Will creating this thread make tink any less likely to **** with you?

I'd much rather be occasionally singled out* by a mod than be one and have to endure the argumentative responses from every poster who has been irreparably wronged by an unfair and uncaring system.

*real or imagined

What amazes me, I mean, truly amazes me, is that Mike takes this website and it's decisions so seriously. It's almost as though his life, his world, revolve around it. Does the dude have any best friends that he can kick it with?

What amazes me, I mean, truly amazes me, is that Mike takes this website and it's decisions so seriously. It's almost as though his life, his world, revolve around it. Does the dude have any best friends that he can kick it with?
Just Mike? I see a lot of guys this could describe.