What's new

The return of Alec Burks!!!!!

I also think the Jazz haven't been forthright in providing us with his medical status. It was originally reported he'd be out 6-8 weeks and that he had surgery to get him back earlier. However, we never heard why it has taken longer, why the doctors gave that first estimate and what changed to make it double that.

We did hear why, multiple times. And we have discussed it here, in threads you've participated in.

Because this is an opinion based on hot air. If there was some substance to it, then I would say it has basis. But the reports in the news say otherwise. So if the evidence indicates otherwise, an opinion without justification is just that, hot air.
Since when do you need a link for hot air?

Since when do you need a link for hot air?

I was being facetious. So far as discussion about his medical updates -- we never received anything concrete. It was all speculation. Did he or didn't he have a setback? That never was confirmed. They never said why it has taken so much longer than they anticipated, at least not the doctors, so far as I know.

I also think the Jazz haven't been forthright in providing us with his medical status. It was originally reported he'd be out 6-8 weeks and that he had surgery to get him back earlier. However, we never heard why it has taken longer, why the doctors gave that first estimate and what changed to make it double that.

It was never reported he would be out 6-8 weeks. We just assumed that because that's what it said when we googled the injury and that's what reporters said around how long others had taken. I don't think their ever was an official projected timeline given by the Jazz.

Yes they did. Said he was healed but needed to get body in game shape. Whether that is the real reason or not, we got an answer.

I was being facetious. So far as discussion about his medical updates -- we never received anything concrete. It was all speculation. Did he or didn't he have a setback? That never was confirmed. They never said why it has taken so much longer than they anticipated, at least not the doctors, so far as I know.
d0a53555b650a2924d951225f99aa4b4.jpg

At this point I am sick of hearing about Burks injuries. He needs to grow a pair and demand to play. I'd highly consider trading him too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It's already been reported that he really really wants to play.
Jazz don't let him. Burks isn't the GM or coach

Don't count on it. It usually takes a couple of weeks for players to get back into game shape/rhythm. And just as important, all the other players have to adjust to new rotations. Jazz need to win IN SPITE OF Burks for 2 weeks, then hope his real contribution comes in the playoffs. Of course, any minutes he takes away from Johnson will be a good thing.

That said, I really don't believe he'll return until the Jazz players head out to P3.

I bet burks is in game shape right now.

He's been out of the rotation. Snyder playing tight rotation
Ingles has sucked pretty hard too other than that one game when he made like 3 or 4 threes.

It was never reported he would be out 6-8 weeks. We just assumed that because that's what it said when we googled the injury and that's what reporters said around how long others had taken. I don't think their ever was an official projected timeline given by the Jazz.
I actually provided a link earlier to a report that said Burks (Burks specifically, not just a random person with that injury) would be out 6-8 weeks.
Also, jazz reporters and local sports people here in Utah often talked about he was supposed to return to the court around the all star break.

We also got numerous confirmations that the surgery went well and there were no setbacks.

I actually provided a link earlier to a report that said Burks (Burks specifically, not just a random person with that injury) would be out 6-8 weeks.
Also, jazz reporters and local sports people here in Utah often talked about he was supposed to return to the court around the all star break.

We also got numerous confirmations that the surgery went well and there were no setbacks.

re-linkg me

im pretty sure it's not up to Burks. Needs to be cleared to play by team doctors, good lord.
I'm pretty sure it is up to him. Do you honestly think Karl Malone would put up with team doctors telling him he's healthy but can't play cause his right leg can kick a ball further then his left leg? Hell no.

Except everyone who reported that he was hurt was expected to miss 6-8 weeks. As well as he was choosing surgury to heal closer to the 6 week mark. No reason to link every single person cause they all said the same thing. Including the NBA savant, Yahoo's wojo.