What's new

The return of Alec Burks!!!!!

Except everyone who reported that he was hurt was expected to miss 6-8 weeks. As well as he was choosing surgury to heal closer to the 6 week mark. No reason to link every single person cause they all said the same thing. Including the NBA savant, Yahoo's wojo.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It seemed like everyone was reporting that based off past similar injuries, not anything official said by the Jazz.

I found this tweet from another national reporter

Jeff ZillgittVerified account
‏@JeffZillgitt Jeff Zillgitt Retweeted USA TODAY Sports NBA
Burks looking at about an eight-week absence and post-All Star break return.

I see no source on this though, so that tells me he just googled similar injuries and surgeries and shot from the hip.

So Woj, the respected reporter, actually made the sourced tweet and it never gave a timeline for recovery, just that he would be out at least 6 weeks.

I looked at Hoopshype database for Alec Burks news stories and it seems like the tweet above, from Jeff Zillgitt, was the first one giving a timeline of 6-8 weeks. Every other report just said "at least 6 weeks" or "out indefinitely". So it appears to me that there was never an expected timeline given.

Except everyone who reported that he was hurt was expected to miss 6-8 weeks. As well as he was choosing surgury to heal closer to the 6 week mark. No reason to link every single person cause they all said the same thing. Including the NBA savant, Yahoo's wojo.

Everyone except the team

Out indefinitely is a cop out answer. Every time a player gets hurt that's a generic answer.

I'm pretty sure it is up to him. Do you honestly think Karl Malone would put up with team doctors telling him he's healthy but can't play cause his right leg can kick a ball further then his left leg? Hell no.

It was a different game back then. Even Malone's hands would be tied today. No one plays unless cleared by team docs

I alredy proved you were wrong about Woj. Only one guy reported 6-8 weeks. Anyone who reported that probably sourced him, and he had no source.

It was a different game back then. Even Malone's hands would be tied today. No one plays unless cleared by team docs
100% dissagree. For instance i kinda think Gobert might be playing hurt he just doesn't tell the doctors.

evrybady shuld listen to Cy... injries shouldnt B compared to othr injuries evan if they R teh same ok?

there is no precedent anywhere. For anything. Expecially medical things, emmk?

I'm pretty sure it is up to him. Do you honestly think Karl Malone would put up with team doctors telling him he's healthy but can't play cause his right leg can kick a ball further then his left leg? Hell no.

Do you honestly think Burks has the same amount of sway/power within the jazz organization that Malone did

It seemed like everyone was reporting that based off past similar injuries, not anything official said by the Jazz.
That's what every team does with every injury.
No can predict the future so when a guy breaks an ankle, gets a hamstring injury, tears an mcl, etc etc they look at the severity of the injury, talk to doctors, and look at similar injuries that happened to other similar dudes and then use that info to try to predict how long it will take to heal.
Everytime I injured an ankle (many times) the dr gave me an estimated time to heal. When I would be expected to be able to lose the crutches, when I could start running again, and when I could play basketball again. His timelines he would give me were usually pretty damn close. Never was he off by months.

Burks was expected to be out about 6-8 weeks. He was supposed to be back right after the all star break. The surgery went well. There were no setbacks. He has been out way longer than expected.

Do you honestly think Burks has the same amount of sway/power within the jazz organization that Malone did
Of course not. I also don't think Burks is doing enough to get on the floor. He's either a slow healer or super soft.

I found this tweet from another national reporter

I see no source on this though, so that tells me he just googled similar injuries and surgeries and shot from the hip.

So Woj, the respected reporter, actually made the sourced tweet and it never gave a timeline for recovery, just that he would be out at least 6 weeks.
So show me something that said Burks was expected to be out 12-16 weeks. I have not been able to find that one.
I find plenty in the 6-8 week range. We all have known about that timeline forever now, you are not showing us anything we don't already know.

100% dissagree. For instance i kinda think Gobert might be playing hurt he just doesn't tell the doctors.

That's a different argument.
If the doctors and the coach and the gm decided that Rudy was not going to play then he wouldn't play.