What's new

The return of Alec Burks!!!!!

Of course not. I also don't think Burks is doing enough to get on the floor. He's either a slow healer or super soft.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It has already been reported that Burks wants to play. The team is not letting him.

Burks broke a bone don't be an ***!! Gobert's situation was much different
Bones fuse within a few days and heal over in a few weeks. Not 3 months. Ligament injuries take months to fully heal. Fact is Gobert should be hurt longer then Burks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's what every team does with every injury.
No can predict the future so when a guy breaks an ankle, gets a hamstring injury, tears an mcl, etc etc they look at the severity of the injury, talk to doctors, and look at similar injuries that happened to other similar dudes and then use that info to try to predict how long it will take to heal.
Everytime I injured an ankle (many times) the dr gave me an estimated time to heal. When I would be expected to be able to lose the crutches, when I could start running again, and when I could play basketball again. His timelines he would give me were usually pretty damn close. Never was he off by months.

Burks was expected to be out about 6-8 weeks. He was supposed to be back right after the all star break. The surgery went well. There were no setbacks. He has been out way longer than expected.

I didnt say you can't predict, but that all it is form us, a prediction. The Jazz doctors or staff never said 6-8 weeks. That was jsut a guess by the national media and us, who have incomplete information about the situation. There was never an official estimated timetable other than being out for at least 6 weeks.

So show me something that said Burks was expected to be out 12-16 weeks. I have not been able to find that one.
I find plenty in the 6-8 week range. We all have known about that timeline forever now, you are not showing us anything we don't already know.

6-8 weeks is a made up timeline by people with incomplete information and was never officially said by anyone within the organization.

I'm not trying to show you something you didnt know, I'm just proving the idea that 6-8 weeks was ever said by anyone on the Jazz is completely false.

I didnt say you can't predict, but that all it is form us, a prediction. The Jazz doctors or staff never said 6-8 weeks. That was jsut a guess by the national media and us, who have incomplete information about the situation. There was never an official estimated timetable other than being out for at least 6 weeks.
What did the jazz doctors and staff predict and why would it be different than 6-8 weeks?
If this type of injury and surgery typically allows for a player to be back in 6-8 weeks then what happened differently with alec Burks to make him be out for so much longer than is normal for this type injury?

The jazz doctors and staff had to have heard about the 6-8 week timeline.
If they disagreed with that timeline then they should have come out and disputed it and said that it is incorrect. Alec will be out way longer. Why didn't they dispute the 6-8 week timeline?

6-8 weeks is a made up timeline by people with incomplete information and was never officially said by anyone within the organization.

I'm not trying to show you something you didnt know, I'm just proving the idea that 6-8 weeks was ever said by anyone on the Jazz is completely false.

What timeline did the organization who had all the necessary info give? Did the jazz organization, staff, or doctors dispute the 6-8 week timeline that was being reported? If they didn't agree with it then don't you think that they should have came out and said that they think 6-8 weeks won't be long enough so people don't get their hopes up and create bad publicity for the jazz and confused conversations like the one in this very thread?

What did the jazz doctors and staff predict and why would it be different than 6-8 weeks?
If this type of injury and surgery typically allows for a player to be back in 6-8 weeks then what happened differently with alec Burks to make him be out for so much longer than is normal for this type injury?

The jazz doctors and staff had to have heard about the 6-8 week timeline.
If they disagreed with that timeline then they should have come out and disputed it and said that it is incorrect. Alec will be out way longer. Why didn't they dispute the 6-8 week timeline?

1. Have you read anything I've posted the last hour?
2. The Jazz have explained what has happened with Burks, have you not read the stuff posted about the Burks process in the last day?
3. The Jazz FO doesnt need to dispute every rumor that comes up, it would be pointless.

1. Have you read anything I've posted the last hour?
2. The Jazz have explained what has happened with Burks, have you not read the stuff posted about the Burks process in the last day?
3. The Jazz FO doesnt need to dispute every rumor that comes up, it would be pointless.
You keep saying that the original timeline was not the jazz timeline. How do you know that? All we heard was 6-8 weeks. That's what David Locke, jody g, national writers were all saying. Yet you think the jazz had a totally different timeline that was way longer and were just keeping it a secret apparently.
I don't buy it. I think the jazz timeline was similar to everyone else's. You don't apparently.
Agree to disagree.

You keep saying that the original timeline was not the jazz timeline. How do you know that? All we heard was 6-8 weeks. That's what David Locke, jody g, national writers were all saying. Yet you think the jazz had a totally different timeline that was way longer and were just keeping it a secret apparently.
I don't buy it. I think the jazz timeline was similar to everyone else's. You don't apparently.
Agree to disagree.

Woj, the most respected reporter in the NBA, reported at least 6 weeks. Woj doesnt report opinions or theories, he reports sourced information.

Everyone else, to me, was simply reporting from what they thought the timeline would be because they, like us, didn't have access to information because the Jazz are tight-lipped. Just because someone else had a similar injury and surgery and recovered in X amount of weeks and played in Y weeks doesnt mean a different player will have the same timeline.

Woj, the most respected reporter in the NBA, reported at least 6 weeks. Woj doesnt report opinions or theories, he reports sourced information.

Everyone else, to me, was simply reporting from what they thought the timeline would be because they, like us, didn't have access to information because the Jazz are tight-lipped. Just because someone else had a similar injury and surgery and recovered in X amount of weeks and played in Y weeks doesnt mean a different player will have the same timeline.

I don't disagree with any of that.
Don't see your point. You are basically saying there was a 6-8 timeline. Burks took way longer than that timeline.
I agree.
The only question is why is he taking so much longer?

Know one knows apparently.

It does mean it's ****ing weird when a player DOUBLES the recovery time. It's ****ing hilarious to watch act otherwise, doe

I don't disagree with any of that.
Don't see your point. You are basically saying there was a 6-8 timeline. Burks took way longer than that timeline.
I agree.
The only question is why is he taking so much longer?

Know one knows apparently.

I never agreed there was a 6-8 week timeline at all. That is my whole point, there was never a timeline. Someone with no connections to the team just tweeted that out, he didnt even say he had a source when he tweeted. He just said it.

I never agreed there was a 6-8 week timeline at all. That is my whole point, there was never a timeline. Someone with no connections to the team just tweeted that out, he didnt even say he had a source when he tweeted. He just said it.

You said woj only goes off good sources and what was the timeline woj reported again?

Dude, this is the last time I will say this.

Woj reported he would be out 6 weeks minimum, that is it. He never said 6-8 weeks.
Why do you think he used 6 weeks rather than 10 or 12?
Where do you think he got that number from?

Is it common to say a player will be out a minimum number and then have the player greatly exceed that number?

Usually minimum and maximum numbers have a pretty close proximity to each other. For a reason. To have an idea when the player may return.

I have rarely, and maybe never, heard of a report that a player will be out 6-12 weeks for about injury that typically takes 6-8 weeks to heal from unless there is a setback. Which we have been told there was not.
That would be like saying exum will be out somewhere between 1-3 seasons. Way too vague for the typical healing time of the particular injury.
Minimum of 6 weeks with a maximum of forever is too vague of a timeline for the injury Burks sustained. I'm more inclined to believe that 6-8 weeks was in fact the original timeline by the jazz and the jazz doctors than to believe the original timeline was 6 weeks-forever.

Why do you think he used 6 weeks rather than 10 or 12?
Where do you think he got that number from?

Is it common to say a player will be out a minimum number and then have the player greatly exceed that number?

Usually minimum and maximum numbers have a pretty close proximity to each other. For a reason. To have an idea when the player may return.

I have rarely, and maybe never, heard of a report that a player will be out 6-12 weeks for about injury that typically takes 6-8 weeks to heal from unless there is a setback. Which we have been told there was not.
That would be like saying exum will be out somewhere between 1-3 seasons. Way too vague for the typical healing time of the particular injury.
Minimum of 6 weeks with a maximum of forever is too vague of a timeline for the injury Burks sustained. I'm more inclined to believe that 6-8 weeks was in fact the original timeline by the jazz and the jazz doctors than to believe the original timeline was 6 weeks-forever.

Yes, it happens. Recovery time isn't an exact science.