What's new

The season of great potential - Just another season of disappointment

mdalby

I am trying to be patient. I realize we have had injuries. But I am starting to lose hope.

I am trying to be patient. I realize we have had injuries. But I am starting to lose hope.
Keep teh hope.
Burks and Hill will return soon. All will be well.

I've permanently altered my expectations. I'm hoping for (a) eventual health and (b) the 6th seed. That's it.

This team is just mentally weak and has no killer instinct...which is why rubbish teams can easily comeback from big deficits against us. When faced with our biggest challenge of the season (vs. Golden State), we fall like a house of cards. One bad blowout sends us into a 3 game losing streak and I totally won't be surprised if we lose to the Lakers next. Even with the injuries, we're still good enough to have 2-3 more wins than we have now. I still think we will make the playoffs just because Portland and Sacramento aren't that good, but I expect a quick exit. The season will be a success from the standpoint that we are better than we were before, but we are nowhere even close to being a true contender.

It's a bit depressing. You look at a team like Memphis and Conley comes back 3 weeks after a broken back. We have players missing months from sprains. And beyond that, lingering injuries like Favors and Hood where we don't really know if they are just sucking or playing hurt. Hard to quantify it, frustrating.

The injuries are disappointing.

The team's record, taking the injuries into account, is certainly not.

The Jazz have the Tyrone Corbin of training staffs. Time to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We were just very competitive against a very good team who played well, while our starting PG, backup PG & SG were out, SG and PF were not in form due to illness/ recovery.

The only fear is not recovering from injury.

I'm feeling the same, but I keep having to do a reality check and realize how much better we are than last year and how bad we are with injuries.
As each day goes on I begin to hate our training staff more and more....we may have one of the worst in the entire league

Favors is a massive ***** and always has been. We were playing great without him.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

It's funny to me how certain fans just absolutely have to find someone to blame. 2 of the 3 teams we just lost to are top teams in the league, and I'm pretty sure the whole team was responsible for blowing a 20 point lead against the Kings. Blaming Favors is dumb.

It's funny to me how certain fans just absolutely have to find someone to blame. 2 of the 3 teams we just lost to are top teams in the league, and I'm pretty sure the whole team was responsible for blowing a 20 point lead against the Kings. Blaming Favors is dumb.
My biggest issue with Favors is that we went with him over Millsap. That was a very dumb decision in hindsight. Millsap is a fighter who can do everything. Favors is an overhyped big who won't ever be as good. And most importantly, Millsap would compliment Gobert perfectly.

My biggest issue with Favors is that we went with him over Millsap. That was a very dumb decision in hindsight. Millsap is a fighter who can do everything. Favors is an overhyped big who won't ever be as good. And most importantly, Millsap would compliment Gobert perfectly.

Millsap wasn't the player that he became in Atlanta. Going with Favors, a young, talented defensive big man with star potential, was a no-brainer. Millsap was on the wrong side of 20 and just didn't fit in age-wise with the rest of the roster we were putting together.

Yeah, I'd like to have kept him, but letting him walk let us fully go into a rebuild.

All of this being said, I'm not opposed to moving Favors for a starting-caliber stretch four or another scorer. Maybe Portland makes McCollum available and we can move Favs, Exum, and a pick for him. That way we have insurance in case either Hill or Hayward leaves this offseason.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This team is just mentally weak and has no killer instinct...which is why rubbish teams can easily comeback from big deficits against us. When faced with our biggest challenge of the season (vs. Golden State), we fall like a house of cards. One bad blowout sends us into a 3 game losing streak and I totally won't be surprised if we lose to the Lakers next. Even with the injuries, we're still good enough to have 2-3 more wins than we have now. I still think we will make the playoffs just because Portland and Sacramento aren't that good, but I expect a quick exit. The season will be a success from the standpoint that we are better than we were before, but we are nowhere even close to being a true contender.

Perhaps it is the fans and not players that are mentally weak. Given the uphill battles the team has faced, the team is still in respectable position and perhaps might be even stronger for it. Players from the second unit are getting some extended minutes which could work in our favor when key pieces come back into play.

Although we are yet to see significant minutes with our true starters together, we should be able to hold our own if the cogs start to come together at the right time.

Perhaps it is the fans and not players that are mentally weak. Given the uphill battles the team has faced, the team is still in respectable position and perhaps might be even stronger for it. Players from the second unit are getting some extended minutes which could work in our favor when key pieces come back into play.

Although we are yet to see significant minutes with our true starters together, we should be able to hold our own if the cogs start to come together at the right time.

repped

I really like like you

My hope is that we can stay in the hunt for as long as it takes to get as close to fully healthy as possible. Then, once we are essentially the team we hoped we would be to begin the year, we start taking off and make a good run later in the season.

I truly believe that when healthy, this team can compete with anyone this season. They've already proven as much in small glimpses. These losses are frustrating but put it in context, the team is decimated with injuries right now. Yes, it's frustrating to wait for the team to get healthy but once they are, we are going to be trouble for teams down the stretch and hopefully in the playoffs.

As long as we make the playoffs and Hill and Favors are ready for round 1 I'll be happy. Burks would be an added bonus. Getting tired of the injuries but the season is still young and we're doing pretty good despite the injuries.