What's new

The Tony Bradley Thread

He’s fine... I’ve compared him to old man pau with less shooting and better defensive feet. We need to play him this year though and see for sure... if he can’t handle 10-15 backup minutes now we are in trouble.

I think Bradley can handle it. He's definitely a below-the-rim player and isn't flashy, which for some fans, seems to be an issue, but having a crazy wingspan helps.

Like every player who's 20, development and playing time will help, plus the fact Bradley is intelligent will quicken the learning.

I think Bradley can handle it. He's definitely a below-the-rim player and isn't flashy, which for some fans, seems to be an issue, but having a crazy wingspan helps.

Like every player who's 20, development and playing time will help, plus the fact Bradley is intelligent will quicken the learning.
How do you know he's (particularly/especially) intelligent?

He's.... meh. Very ground bound. Has some skill and rebounds well... He's a big from yesteryear.

He moves well laterally for how big he is... has good hands... wonder what his handpad situation is?

I think people thought he could shoot based on FT percentage, but I watched him shoot the ball and was like... nope! It has a funky kind of spin... I didn't like the pick then and would love to know the full reasoning... if he was the guy that dropped to us and we didn't like others... then fine, but the fact that we traded up and passed up a guy like Hart (who has a similar fact pattern to Allen, but has a role he is more likely to excel at) was the weird thing.

I hope he proves me wrong, but if he isn't a rotation player by year end that was a bad use of assets... develop a guy for two years to maybe be a backup?

Another interesting question is if I’d rather have Bradley or Bolomboy...

Just to tamper expectations...

Bradley came out as a freshman after a year where he didn’t start for UNC. We knew he was 19 and raw, and we knew we were drafting him for the future.

Of course he’s not going to have an impact in year 1 like Josh Hart would! That’s unrealistic. Have a little patience. If what we got out of a late 1st is a solid backup 5 who can give us good minutes without wrecking the game, then I think we did just fine. Not every pick is going to be Gobert/Mitchell

No way Favors agrees to 1+1 with the +1 being a team option. He's going to be looking for 3 years minimum. I'm sure he'd take a 3/42 over a 2/32.
Maybe but like I said we can overpay him to make it worth it. Offer him 1 year 15 to 20 million. No one is going to be close to offering that or what you are suggesting. That benefits him and us. He can get more in a future contract especially if he stays healthy. He is still young and there will be more money in future years and give him a chance to prove he is worth more. Then next year he can try and get a 4 year bigger deal when he will still only be 27.

I went back to re-checked his highlights. Dude definitely has developed and I'm going to eat a big of crow when I called him "uninspiring". He's not as athletic as Gobert, but as was noted, he keeps his head on a swivel on D, has a good sense of timing on his blocks, and he does rebound well. Most of his points came on put-backs and cuts, but he did show a few post moves as well. He is fundamentally sound, which will serve him well, and he does have some range. His shot doesn't look great, but it's not funky either. Just...meh. That said, if he can give Gobert solid back-up minutes, I'm perfectly fine with that for where we selected him.

Just to tamper expectations...

Bradley came out as a freshman after a year where he didn’t start for UNC. We knew he was 19 and raw, and we knew we were drafting him for the future.

Of course he’s not going to have an impact in year 1 like Josh Hart would! That’s unrealistic. Have a little patience. If what we got out of a late 1st is a solid backup 5 who can give us good minutes without wrecking the game, then I think we did just fine. Not every pick is going to be Gobert/Mitchell
Even if he has a high ceiling, he won’t see that here unless Gobert goes down or unless he becomes Wilt and makes Gobert expendable.

Even if he has a high ceiling, he won’t see that here unless Gobert goes down or unless he becomes Wilt and makes Gobert expendable.

He can show signs and be a really good backup. If he seems like a starter or better teams will offer something for him in a trade.

He can show signs and be a really good backup. If he seems like a starter or better teams will offer something for him in a trade.
Cool. Maybe we could deal him for a late first rounder or a couple second rounders we parlay into cash.

Cool. Maybe we could deal him for a late first rounder or a couple second rounders we parlay into cash.

Wait... so we can pump two years into a kid for a short term backup at an abundant position... and we might get a late first rounder? HOT DAMN! I was wrong.

I'm kidding... sort of

Wait... so we can pump two years into a kid for a short term backup at an abundant position... and we might get a late first rounder? HOT DAMN! I was wrong.

I'm kidding... sort of
Yep. That late first rounder could become Kuzma, or Mirotic (for trade), or Bradley, or $3M. Possibilities are endless.

During a radio interview Tony Jones seemed unimpressed with him. Said he is a good rebounder but is too slow defensively and always will be.