What's new

The Tony Bradley Thread

I’m going to save my opinion on him until after we’ve seen how he does with a full offseason and training camp under his belt. He was raw and drafted with development in mind. I’m totally cool with letting the staff try to mold him into that vision before bitching about how we wasted a late 1st round pick.

I’m going to save my opinion on him until after we’ve seen how he does with a full offseason and training camp under his belt. He was raw and drafted with development in mind. I’m totally cool with letting the staff try to mold him into that vision before bitching about how we wasted a late 1st round pick.

Exercising common sense and patience on this forum will likely make you some enemies.

During a radio interview Tony Jones seemed unimpressed with him. Said he is a good rebounder but is too slow defensively and always will be.
He is too slow. Not rocket science and not opinion. Just a fact. It's who he is. Will never do anything in the league.

I hope he proves me wrong, but if he isn't a rotation player by year end that was a bad use of assets... develop a guy for two years to maybe be a backup?

I think the Jazz like that he potentially brings something to the team that they do not currently have. He projects to get easy buckets in the post and to have good offensive touch and feel. Kinda the Al Jefferson/Enes kanter type - both admittedly flawed players - but Big Al, for one, sure helped the Jazz win a lot of games. Would make it easier to blowout some bad teams and tougher for said teams to D up the Jazz. I think he is still a useful type of player to have around, but I'm a big believer in roster versatility.

If post-play is that important, go out and sign Jahlil Okafor.

Because he sucks and does not have the proper mentality to be an NBA basketball player. Lamarcus Aldridge carried the Spurs last year, Marc Gasol is a premier player in the league, Jokic is Denver’s main offensive cog, Brook Lopez gets buckets, Towns is presumably Minny’s best player... Just saying the Jazz have no one who can score in the post against anyone over 6,6. Like, I’d take (maybe) 6’ CP3 guarding any Jazz player on a postup. It’s all about having multiple ways to beat teams, and the potential Bradley has can give the Jazz smth they currently lack- a big with good offensive instincts.

I’m in the camp who feels he’s the third Collins brother and a wasted pick.

That said, maybe he works his *** off. I mean, he did seem to transform his body quite well within the first 10-12 months after North Carolina. Maybe he’ll continue to do so and another year or two of that will make him a completely different athlete. Hell, he’s still just 20.5 years old.

I mean, his standing vert was 24.5 at the combine. His max vert was 27.5 which was the worst there...by three inches! So yeah, his athleticism and/or conditioning sucked a year ago but it’s improved and maybe will continue to do so.

FWIW, the worst this year were 24 inches and 31 inches...and Bradley’s 3/4 sprint was 3.44. That would’ve also been worst this year as the slowest time was a 3.40. But who knows...I’d love to see what his new numbers are a year later.

He’s not athletic enough to play in today’s league. Even in the G-League he struggles to keep up with the speed and agility of the players. The comparisons to a third Collins bro are valid. Or a smaller Roy Hibbert. Just not good enough.

Sorry folks. Wasted pick.

Udoh is a far better option at center.

Last edited:
Wow, is all I can say. People are complaining about a low first round pick who was 19 years old not being ready to be a starter. The Jazz drafted the kid as a project and a backup to Rudy. If you can't see any improvement in the kid since we drafted him then you are just not looking and have already made your mind up about him.
Bradley wants to get better and be a starter some day. He is driven to improve. Yes he certainly lacks athleticism if you measure it by jumping out of the gym. The kid has skills and seems to have a high BBIQ. My hope this year is that he can get some minutes backing up Rudy this year, but if he doesn't then another year of development isn't a disaster.