What's new

The Ultimate Best Elite World-Class Jazz Off-Season Guide

Mario Hezonja: Played for Barcelona. He thought that he was a better player that he was. He can shoot but i think he is not the player the jazz needs at the 3.

Juancho Hernangomez: Very underrated. He's had a hard season in Denver. Injuries, a bunch of guys at the 3 spot,... but...
He can shoot, drive, plays defense, rebounds and is unselfish. I know him quite well ( Spanish league and Spanish team). This guy is very very useful. Believe in me.

Mario Hezonja: Played for Barcelona. He thought that he was a better player that he was. He can shoot but i think he is not the player the jazz needs at the 3.

Juancho Hernangomez: Very underrated. He's had a hard season in Denver. Injuries, a bunch of guys at the 3 spot,... but...
He can shoot, drive, plays defense, rebounds and is unselfish. I know him quite well ( Spanish league and Spanish team). This guy is very very useful. Believe in me.

I’m in but Denver won’t take our calls... or return our texts.

So don’t make any moves then unless they move the needle against those two. Let’s send DL on vacation.
I didn't say make no moves, just that the moves proposed didn't make any sense. And yes, the whole point of making moves is to move the needle so that you win a championship which, as of now, goes through the two teams mentioned.

Doubt they are moving RoCo... he’s the type of player you want to keep if you get LBJ... defense and shooting... doesn’t want or need the ball.

Might be able to sneak TLC, their 1st this year, their seconds, and other stuff around the fringes. I think they can stretch Bayless and get to max.

They don’t have enough roster spots for Korkmaz, TLC, and all their picks... can draft and stash... but if those guys want to come over they have caphold a until they say they aren’t coming over... and some of those guys are likely ready to play here now.

Aye, maybe not Roco. But still-Colangelo the Younger is a dope. Commence the Swindling!

I would get Hezonja as our future PF. That's the position where he played so well for Orlando this season when there were injuries. He's a complete mismatch offensively but strong, athletic enough to guard most PF's in the league.

So the issue I have is that the Knicks won’t do that trade... I’m fine with proposing here it but it won’t happen. Like it makes very little sense and I don’t even think they are on Lebrons list. He likes playing in the garden... outside of that what do they have?

I think the Knicks would consider it. Of course I don't know 100%, but here is my thinking:

1. Noah's contract hurts NY this year and next year. Porzingis has gone on record saying he might test free agent waters in 2020. NY cannot take a chance and lose KP because they didn't do enough. Whether it's LeBron or a 2019 target, NY needs to produce now. #9 isn't going to tip the scales in keeping Porzingis. Getting rid of Noah and adding a free agent should.

2. If NY didn't have Noah, NY could sell LeBron the idea that Porzingis, Hardaway, Kanter, Lee, Lance Thomas and Frank N is more much more promising than Cleveland going forward. KP represents more of a star than Love ever was. He's younger, and a matchup nightmare. NY provides a future that doesn't exist in Cleveland.

3. Outside of a better roster, NY could sell LeBron on the idea that it will spend whatever it takes to build around him as long as he plays. Cleveland has always been vague on their commitment level. NY could promise LeBron that every step will be taken to win around him and KP.

4. Also, and probably the most important point, NY would be the first place where LeBron would have zero pressure. In his first stint in Cleveland, he was expected to emerge and take them to the top. He left for Miami where he was supposed to win every time or get ridiculed if he didn't. He returned to Cleveland to continuously take them to the promised land. If he goes chasing the ring (Houston, Philly, etc.) and doesn't get it, people will continually bash him. If he goes to NY, it will be the first time in his career that he can do everything on his terms without the pressure of winning it all. If he were to take NY to a conference finals or even the finals, he will be legendary in the eyes of NY fans who already respect him.

I would get Hezonja as our future PF. That's the position where he played so well for Orlando this season when there were injuries. He's a complete mismatch offensively but strong, athletic enough to guard most PF's in the league.
I don't think so. Hezonja vs Favors? Hezonja vs Griffin? vs randle? vs Aldridge?vs porzinguis? vs Millsap? ...he's a 3. If the jazz sign him we'll see

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nb...ovement-impressing-coaches-teammates-20180327

"Now, he’s settled in primarily at power forward, a position he feels he’s best-suited to play because of his willingness to use his physicality and for his speed advantage against other bigger players.

When Orlando’s usual starter at power forward, Aaron Gordon, missed major chunks of time prior to the break for the NBA All-Star Game, Hezonja thrived at power forward while averaging 10.8 points in 13 January games and an eye-popping 15.5 points in 11 February games."

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

This is a great in depth article on Michael Beasley, and why I think he'd be a good fit here. Who among us didn't make mistakes when they were young adults? And who wouldn't have made bigger ones with millions of dollars guaranteed while being under a national microscope? Young athletes being taken advantage of is nothing new, but he's done a hell of a job taking accountability and doing better. I screwed up a lot when I was his age, and maybe I want him to sign here because I know how hard it is to change a reputation, no matter what you do. (I can't make this a new post for some reason.)

https://bit.ly/2HTiuNv

I think we just trade Rudy Gobert for kawhi Leonard. Rudy is too big of a liability on offense against good teams.

I like the pick up of Jabari Parker.

Keep favors.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png

I think we just trade Rudy Gobert for kawhi Leonard. Rudy is too big of a liability on offense against good teams.

I like the pick up of Jabari Parker.

Keep favors.

Trade a guy on a favorable deal, who epitomizes Jazz basketball, who has shown commitment to the franchise, for a possible one-year rental on a guy who is reportedly disgruntled with a legendary franchise?

Kawhi is better offensively.

And so is favors at the 5 spot. Favors is better in the pick and roll because he can pick and pop.

I don’t think you’ll loose a ton defensively because your picking up the best perimeter defender in the league. And Rudy’s contract is too long. He gets hurt too much.

If you want to win a championship I think this is the move and it might happen in 2 yrs.

Otherwise we keep making the playoffs and never get past the wcf cause we can’t beat gsw or rockets.

If kawhi doesn’t work out after 1 or 2 Year’s (he has a player option in yr 2). Then we have space to pick up jaylen brown or another elite fa before donavon hits his max deal.

Rudy won’t get us to the promised land. And I love Rudy, because he loves playing here. And his effort is huge. But what’s the best route for us to win a title?

Rubio/Mitchell/Leonard/Parker/favors starting lineup I think can win a championship.

You can say what you want. But Rudy got exposed against the rockets. He was horrible! Donovan needed someone else to create a shot and another elite perimeter defender to guard a guy like harden. Time will tell, and I hope I’m wrong. I just don’t think he’s the guy and this might be our opportunity to bring in a top 5 nba player.