What's new

The win-now movement = Moral victories. KD to the Warriors means they've overplayed their hand

Who is best set up to win the best in 2045? 2067?

That is obviously beyond my outlook.

You think that 10 years is beyond a reasonable outlook though??

4 year rookie deals turn into 5 year extensions..

There's teenagers in the league like Karl Anthony Towns who figures to be in his prime by then, you deny this? Rudy will certainly be over the hill in the same timeframe.

Do you agree that a team like the Timberwolves is more set up to win 10 years from now than the Jazz?

My point is about a long-term outlook like that.

No because Thibs will have half the roster on IR by year two.

Next!!!

I think it gives us a chance to make better moves actually. The power houses in the West are dwindling, while our arrow is going up. We'll still have GS in front of us, but a move or two and we are in better position than most teams in the west with OKC losing one of its stars and possibly Westbrook next year.

SA-Getting old
OKC- Getting worse
Dallas- Getting old
Portland-arrow slightly up
Houston-arrow maybe up, but nothing spectacular
Memphis- Still good
Utah- arrow up barring injuries

If we add a little more talent we are right in the mix.

Houston ain't up. Did you see who they hired as coach?

Yes, I do. But it's not at all easy to get the #1 pick and get a Towns. AND make a trade for Wiggins. And...

It's hardly a responsible blueprint.
Look at how many teams try and fail miserably.

I say give yourself as many chances as possible, The Jazz don't have a punchers chance to compete now... Thats why I'd have taken the picks for Hayward and kept the 12, they've got a punchers chance to set up the most powerful youth movement on a 6-8 year outlook.. As long as theres incremental progress every year towards that I'd be happy. That being said I don't spend a penny on merchandise or season tickets..

considering the 6 picks in next years draft and 2 1st rounders in 2018.. thats a lot of chances, other than Burke they've demonstrated plenty of aptitude picking gems. Thats the move IMO, it's no different than what I've been posting for quite some time too.

I say give yourself as many chances as possible, The Jazz don't have a punchers chance to compete now... Thats why I'd have taken the picks for Hayward and kept the 12, they've got a punchers chance to set up the most powerful youth movement on a 6-8 year outlook.. As long as theres incremental progress every year towards that I'd be happy. That being said I don't spend a penny on merchandise or season tickets..

considering the 6 picks in next years draft and 2 1st rounders in 2018.. thats a lot of chances, other than Burke they've demonstrated plenty of aptitude picking gems. Thats the move IMO, it's no different than what I've been posting for quite some time too.
You really don't need to explain it. We get what you're saying.
Not at all some difficult to grasp premise.

I even agree with pieces of what you're saying. It's just that we cannot contend with GSW for at least 5 years barring injury or chemistry issues.

So how does it help to tank now?
By the time GSW is slowing down our rookies will be free agents and anxious to get out of Salt Loser City.

It's just TOO early. Need to win games right now... and hope some luck swings our way.

That is obviously beyond my outlook.

You think that 10 years is beyond a reasonable outlook though??

4 year rookie deals turn into 5 year extensions..

There's teenagers in the league like Karl Anthony Towns who figures to be in his prime by then, you deny this? Rudy will certainly be over the hill in the same timeframe.

10 years ago OKC was probably the team with the best 10 year outlook, right? All they got was moral victories.

No because Thibs will have half the roster on IR by year two.

Next!!!

It's quite clear who's trying to be realistic in this conversation and who's trying to naysay...

The Jazz have put too many eggs in one basket, now ya;ll wanna be blissfully ignorant about it. Good, I've had an ear to ear smile posting the OP and every response since.

Y'all wanna have pipedreams about the great white hype, and cosign moves to that mortgage future opportunities to appease him. so be it.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. Just presenting the logic I know many here don't want to hear or even try to deobfuscate

It's quite clear who's trying to be realistic in this conversation and who's trying to naysay...

The Jazz have put too many eggs in one basket, now ya;ll wanna be blissfully ignorant about it. Good, I've had an ear to ear smile posting the OP and every response since.

Y'all wanna have pipedreams about the great white hype, and cosign moves to that mortgage future opportunities to appease him. so be it.

I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. Just presenting the logic I know many here don't want to hear or even try to deobfuscate

That's good because you have done a spectacular job of failing to convince anyone of anything.

10 years ago OKC was probably the team with the best 10 year outlook, right? All they got was moral victories.

They gave themselves the chance and chose incorrectly(Ibaka over Harden). I believe in trying to create as many of those chances as possible, and i'm hopeful (as a fan) that they'd make the right choice, I'd cite choosing Rudy over Kanter and Favors over Millsap as positive indicators that this would happen.

That's good because you have done a spectacular job of failing to convince anyone of anything.

hqdefault.jpg

"When your mind becomes obsessed with anything, you will filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere."

This is how many here are when it relates to me.

I'm guilty of it too there just seems to be more evidence mounting in my corner.. No one here will even acknowledge that I've literally been saying this stuff for years.

I think you're logic is flawed. DL has been building this team from the ground up, now is the time to win, not tomorrow.

GS may be the favorites but that's why you play the game. Say Curry never fully heals, say Durant leaves next year, why not at least be in the mix? Warriors are the team putting all their eggs in the basket, why should DL bow down and just hand it to them?

Makes absolutely no sense to not try.

I think you're logic is flawed. DL has been building this team from the ground up, now is the time to win, not tomorrow.

GS may be the favorites but that's why you play the game. Say Curry never fully heals, say Durant leaves next year, why not at least be in the mix? Warriors are the team putting all their eggs in the basket, why should DL bow down and just hand it to them?

Makes absolutely no sense to not try.

The Jazz are 200:1 win the chip bruh, calling that "win-now" is a total ****ing farce and frankly an insult to this boards intelligence.

If 200:1 is win now and Lindsey's being judged on his ability to win now, he should be fired. Simple as that. Lindsey's moves are panicked, this is about making the playoffs, not actually winning.. AKA Moral Victories.

The Jazz are 200:1 win the chip bruh, calling that "win-now" is a total ****ing farce and frankly an insult to this boards intelligence.

If 200:1 is win now and Lindsey's being judged on his ability to win now, he should be fired. Simple as that.

This is beyond this season "bruh". We weren't going to win it this year anyway. The key was to improve. Expecting a team still rebuilding to win the chip is laughable.

They gave themselves the chance and chose incorrectly(Ibaka over Harden). I believe in trying to create as many of those chances as possible, and i'm hopeful (as a fan) that they'd make the right choice, I'd cite choosing Rudy over Kanter and Favors over Millsap as positive indicators that this would happen.

I just don't know if 10 years is a reasonable outlook anymore without how contracts are now being set-up. I would agree 10 years ago that it was, but with this new NBA it seems like anything beyond 5 years is murky.

I post nothing but positive things about many Jazz related topics.. The Trey Lyles pick, the Trevor Booker signing, The Rudy Gobert pick, the Rodney Hood pick, the Quinn Snyder signing, the Ty Corbin firing to name just a few..

You familiar with the word pigeonholing? Thats what you're trying to do to my arguments, it's baseless though. Try again.

I'm just being consistent, I wanted them to snowball assets like Al Jefferson and Millsap instead of letting them walk for nothing too.

I was actually referring to the coloradojazzfan, but I guess the same could apply to you as well. Just replace the "100%" with "99%".

PG_AB is sitting here bitching out the Jazz FO for going into "win-now" mode after recently saying the Jazz should sign Harrison Barnes to a max contract.

lol.

If 200:1 is win now and Lindsey's being judged on his ability to win now, he should be fired. Simple as that. Lindsey's moves are panicked, this is about making the playoffs, not actually winning.. AKA Moral Victories.

Couldn't disagree more. The Jazz will be good this year. The last time we were this good there were statues built a few years later. Is it likely that we will win it all, of course not. But you'll see Hayward as an All Star this year. He will be the best player on one of the top 4 teams in the west... And anytime you can crack the top 4 you've at least got a chance.

As a fan, that's all I can realistically ask for.