What's new

Timeline on the New Logo

unluckyseventeen

Hey everyone.

So, recently I have acquired a quite influential inside source within the Jazz organization on the marketing side, and I thought you all might appreciate the timeline concerning the new Jazz logo.

June 15 - New Logo revealed to the public
June 24+25 - Huge sale at the ESA to clear out all of the old stuff. Go to it if you want gear with the old logo with a lot of cool discounts.

Since the NBA is changing the fabric on the jerseys, the more expensive, game-worn jerseys won't be available with the new logo until right before the season starts.

August - Cheaper replica jerseys with the new logo go on sale.
Early October - Game-worn jerseys with the new logo go on sale.

Still not sure when the new logo goes on the floor, but I imagine it will be before the draft so they can show it off at the draft party.

Anyway, good to see Jazzfanz back. Have a good one, everyone.

Didn't we make our first Finals appearance the last time changed logos?

Yeah, we win it all next season, somehow.

Hey everyone.

So, recently I have acquired a quite influential inside source within the Jazz organization on the marketing side, and I thought you all might appreciate the timeline concerning the new Jazz logo.
Are you really Archie?

Tell Grand hi for me.

Heh. Well, considering it won't really hurt anybody to name the position of my source, I'll let you know who it is.

My step-dad was recently hired by the Jazz & the LHM companies to be the head buyer (don't know his official job title.. basically the main dude that oversees what Fanzz buys and how they sell it to their customers) for Fanzz. I want to say his official job title is President or VP of Fanzz.. can't really remember right now, but the Jazz ship him all over the country to meet with other NBA teams and discuss how they sell their apparel, etc.

Another interesting note (no pun intended): As soon as they showed the players the new logo, Deron went off blabbing about it and told/showed a bunch of people he wasn't supposed to. They've wanted to keep it under wraps for a long time, and Deron quickly threw caution to the wind. Haha.

I was browsing the Pro Sports Daily Jazz forum and came across this guy who claims to know what the jerseys will look like. Not sure how legit his sources are but I figured it was worth sharing. He claims our center court logo will look like this next year too.
28366_1368654700522_1356343779_31101249_4142077_s.jpg

Here's what he said:

"So, I just got confirmation, that the logo that I posted earlier will in fact be the new primary logo. They just re-colored the old one because of a stipulation that would have levied a fine if they had entirely re-designed it until a few more years had passed. However, the note logo will be featured most prominently on uniforms, etc.

I also saw the new uniforms today, and they use the note logo. White homes, Navy Blue away's, both have side paneling, and they say "Utah," on the butt of the shorts. Neck's are V necks. Reminiscent of the old ones, but with a definite modern look. They look pretty good IMO. I will try to see if I can get a file uploaded here. Right now I only have it on an illustrator file, so I might not be able to upload it to a PDF until later."

I was browsing the Pro Sports Daily Jazz forum and came across this guy who claims to know what the jerseys will look like. Not sure how legit his sources are but I figured it was worth sharing. He claims our center court logo will look like this next year too.
28366_1368654700522_1356343779_31101249_4142077_s.jpg

Here's what he said:

"So, I just got confirmation, that the logo that I posted earlier will in fact be the new primary logo. They just re-colored the old one because of a stipulation that would have levied a fine if they had entirely re-designed it until a few more years had passed. However, the note logo will be featured most prominently on uniforms, etc.

I also saw the new uniforms today, and they use the note logo. White homes, Navy Blue away's, both have side paneling, and they say "Utah," on the butt of the shorts. Neck's are V necks. Reminiscent of the old ones, but with a definite modern look. They look pretty good IMO. I will try to see if I can get a file uploaded here. Right now I only have it on an illustrator file, so I might not be able to upload it to a PDF until later."

That logo looks like **** honestly...

I agree ^ Although I feel like if they changed the rest of the floor to compliment the main logo it might not look so bad.

I heard a rumor that the Jazz's primary logo won't change...

Outside of its color scheme (they'll bring in the green and gold). The NBA fines each franchise $500,000 if they abandon the primary logo and the Jazz don't want to face this heavy of a fine. Atlanta was in a similar position back in 2007 or 2008 (whenever they changed their logo). So instead of overhauling their primary, they adjusted their older logo by changing the color and adding a new typeface. This is what the Jazz will do.

The J-note will be used, as it has been lately, as a secondary logo to avoid the fine.

Though expect that secondary logo to get more play on the uniforms than the potentially newly reworked mountains logo currently used by the team.

Again, this is just what I heard. If true, though, it's a disappointment.