TMZ reports that Kobe Bryant passed away.

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by The Thriller, Jan 26, 2020.

1. TheStormofWar

TheStormofWar Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Does not matter if it's valid. Dude made an attack on folks without provocation at an inappropriate time because he felt the need to do so. Really. It was uncalled for, so he get's an ignore. Simple as.

2. Kyoto

Kyoto Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    There is a time and place for everything. The man died, bringing up anything but condolences and sadness at this time is tasteless and shameful.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

3. Gameface

Gameface I actually REALLY like Gobert! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    I don't think social media is the place to have that expectation.

I don't think anyone of us would say anything negative to Kobe's family. Kobe's family isn't here.

4. Archie Moses

Archie Moses Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    I disagree. Read the article I posted.

If someone is a victim of someone who's died, then they shouldn't say anything about what the offender did, right? Time and place...

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do and definitely can see how it can come across as tasteless. However, I'm not close-minded enough to not understand why people bring it up. Rape is a traumatic, devastating, and horrific act that many people do not and will not forget.

Trust me, go back and read my posts in this thread. I'm just as devastated and saddened Kobe died as the next guy. I'm sure he was holding his daughter if they knew they were going down to comfort her. That's the type of dad he was.

Since his rape allegations have been brought up in this thread, I've gone back and read up on it. I can see why people can't and won't forget it. It's pretty disturbing. If you're upset people are making these posts, maybe read up on the case and evidence and you might see or understand their perspective a little more.

5. Archie Moses

May 25, 2010
    I'm not sure why people have this perspective other than they're regurgitating what they think is the "right" thing to say and do at this time without being able to have critical thinking skills.

6. TheStormofWar

Jun 24, 2010
    No ****. But I'm not what part of "he makes it right out of the gate with no provocation. There was no reason to make the comment whatsoever, but dude did as a form of political shaming." do you not get? If he wants to make a attempt to attack folks in a remembrance thread/news thread for a deceased player, that's his call. Doesn't mean I can't call him out on it for being an ***.

Hekate likes this.
  7. TheStormofWar

Jun 24, 2010
    This has nothing to do with a dude making a political attack/shame in a thread that has nothing to do with the politics. If folks want to bring up Kobe in a Kobe thread. That's fine because it could be valid. It's a part of history and maybe worthy of discussion.

But there isn't a reason to bring up Trump, Limbaugh, or make any sort of remark like Porcupine did. That's just stupid, low-class, low-ball, myopic arrogance. He was so gung-ho to make that comment that he made it the first thing in his post.

This is my last comment on the subject. Tired of taking away from the proper discussion.

8. Archie Moses

May 25, 2010
    If you read the thread I think he was using those shaming those about bringing up Kobe's rape allegations to make a point about cognitive dissonance. He used political and polarizing figures to make his point just like Kobe was polarizing to many. I can see how it comes across as a political attack.

Gameface likes this.
  9. Kyoto

Kyoto Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    People that bring up the allegations right after the man died are just attention seeking whores. They are taking some sort of moral high ground, being the salmon swimming against the current, "I am better than you guys and have a deep moral center" assholes.

People that bring up the rape allegations RIGHT after he died are degenerates and make me ashamed to be a part of this board.

If this kind of behavior is acceptable for Jazzfanzz then I'm out.

I've been posting on here for about 15 years, and this takes the cake.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

10. Nate505

Nate505 Modstapo Lite Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    How acceptable is it? He's taken a ton of heat for that opinion. It's not exactly popular here.

11. Archie Moses

May 25, 2010
    I think you're being overly sensitive and shortsighted, dude. Pretty much every major news organization has either mentioned it or wrote an article about it since his passing.

I'm sure you'd call a rape victim an attention seeking whore if they brought up Kobe's rape allegation and celebrity fame to swing the scale of justice though, right? Seems about right.

Dear god, people are saying they're not going to post on Jazzfanz anymore because people are bringing up ****ing rape. You realize it's rape they're bringing up, right? And this somehow offends you?

This type of "behavior." Gtfoh...

This is from a once Kobe hater turned Kobe liker.

12. Archie Moses

May 25, 2010
  13. Handlogten's Heros

Handlogten's Heros Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

Jun 13, 2014
    I hope at my funeral people feel the need to bring up all my faults and mistakes. When my dad dies I expect everyone to mention his battles with alcohol and the terrible things he did during those parts of his life. Would hate for people to just feel sorrow and compassion...

tonstermits, kabenac and Archie Moses like this.
  14. Archie Moses

May 25, 2010
    Unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world. When people die, different people will remember them for good or bad - especially famous people.

It's just how the cookie crumbles.

15. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Jesus, another crybaby who wants to storm off. How many is that in this thread alone?

16. Handlogten's Heros

Jun 13, 2014
    I get it... for sure... it’s just timing I guess. Right now the focus has to be compassion. No need to magnify the ugly parts today.

Archie Moses likes this.
  17. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Judge not ... I guess you never were a teen with raging hormones.

18. reignman40

reignman40 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    You Trump haters really are just a different kind of ****ed up in the head.

19. Handlogten's Heros

Jun 13, 2014
    Politics is headed to a scary place in this country. I feel like the anti-trump side should spend more energy finding and raising up an amazing candidate to take him down... but they too busy with the **** trump stuff.

reignman40 likes this.
  20. Carbon13

Carbon13 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2014
    So does the nba make sure this is Kobe remembrance season and cap it off by handing the Lakers a title?