What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

Protest that does not disrupt gets ignored, so I don't find disrupting traffic spray-painting buildings to be unreasonable. To my understanding, the breaking of windows and pepper-spraying of police happened after the mob showed up in riot gear.

Other countries manage to capture low-threat offenders without shooting them.

other countries aren't dealing with armed offenders to anywhere near the same degree.

So where do you draw the line at what you find "reasonable" protest ?? And for what causes are those actions ok and what causes not reasonable ???

They were protesting a dude who robbed and terrorized people at gun point.

It makes zero sense other than it being a fad of the younger generation. The protesters look like they're 90% under 25 and think they're so woke.

There was someone on the news crying and saying how the kid was running because he was afraid of the cops. Oh, poor tough guy with a gun who just robbed people, how dare the police show up with guns.

I'm not saying I think the kid should have been killed, cause I don't think that or want that about anyone. The shooting was justified and chanting no justice, no peace moronic in this incident or no?

I wonder what the victims of the robbery feel? Maybe peace knowing this kid can't hold up anyone else with a gun and see justice in that? Wouldn't it be ironic.

If you wanna support either mobs or protesters who dilute actual police brutality than that's your prerogative.

I saw something on Twitter yesterday about an Austin police officer being accused of sexual assaulting someone he arrested. Then I read the police report of the Austin police that highlighted he did the arrested 100% by the book and watched the video. People are just mad that rights get violated when you break the law.

Stop breaking the law, assholes.

I'm not going to say that dude deserved to die, but he did everything in his power to get shot other than turn and start firing, which was more than possible and seems pretty likely to be honest. I get his family is sad but they are being delusional. None are talking about the crime he committed, just that he loved his nieces and nephews. Which I'm sure he did but that's not even a little relevant.

I think you mean peaceful protests. A couple people throwing things is not a riot. For all we know they were Trump Supporters.

Riot gear needs to go. Its an oppress symbol of white supremacy.

Riot gear is surprisingly comfortable when you wear it everyday. Beating the **** out of arseholes in the "i CAN'T BREATHE WORLD" more difficult than it should be...

That's a fair question.

I should probably have said freedoms and not rights.
For your rhetoric, probably. But it does bring into stark relief what we're talking about here, the strain between laws and rights. It is the law that cops can shoot people willy-nilly, but that violates the people's rights, even some of the supposedly inalienable ones (life, liberty, pursuit of happiness). Now, rights aren't, and can't be, absolute, so figuring out where that line is can be tricky.

If you wanna support either mobs or protesters who dilute actual police brutality than that's your prerogative.

I'll support the protestors, and leave supporting the police mobs to you.

I saw something on Twitter yesterday about an Austin police officer being accused of sexual assaulting someone he arrested. Then I read the police report of the Austin police that highlighted he did the arrested 100% by the book and watched the video. People are just mad that rights get violated when you break the law.

So, you're fine with police trampling over people's rights, as long as the police think the person is guilty at that time?

other countries aren't dealing with armed offenders to anywhere near the same degree.

So where do you draw the line at what you find "reasonable" protest ?? And for what causes are those actions ok and what causes not reasonable ???

Interference with smooth functioning, such as blocking an intersection, is reasonable. Destruction of property is not.

I'll support the protestors, and leave supporting the police mobs to you.

So, you're fine with police trampling over people's rights, as long as the police think the person is guilty at that time?
Lol

Typical strawman.

I don't support police mobs nor do I support mobs that gather for specific reasons like this and act a fool.

So you're fine with mobs destroying things so future armed robbers are dealt with by officers who aren't armed and understanding to the armed person that just robbed people so that it makes some noise?

Who do you think is gonna hear this noise more? Criminals looking for justification or rational thinkers?

Hmm.

Interference with smooth functioning, such as blocking an intersection, is reasonable. Destruction of property is not.
No.

People who are supposedly fighting for people's rights have zero right to impede on other people's rights. Impeding traffic and forcing people to stop under your control by force is kidnapping.

I understand protesters want to be heard but it doesn't entitle them to impinge on others. It makes zero sense. I'm glad you support it.

I think you mean peaceful protests. A couple people throwing things is not a riot. For all we know they were Trump Supporters.

Riot gear needs to go. Its an oppress symbol of white supremacy.

If you're going to imply the narrative of just because a couple of people for the protesters, shouldn't you use the same for the bad cops?

It's not "just a couple" of people - for both. Every time something happens that I've seen on video it's many. Like, mob many.

No.

People who are supposedly fighting for people's rights have zero right to impede on other people's rights. Impeding traffic and forcing people to stop under your control by force is kidnapping.

I understand protesters want to be heard but it doesn't entitle them to impinge on others. It makes zero sense. I'm glad you support it.
I suppose you are not in support of the American Revolution then. Or women's right to vote. Or civil rights. Or gay rights. Nothing gets done in this country, since the very beginning, without protests which have historically inconvenienced others.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

I suppose you are not in support of the American Revolution then. Or women's right to vote. Or civil rights. Or gay rights. Nothing gets done in this country, since the very beginning, without protests which have historically inconvenienced others.

I'm 100% for all of those. What did I say that made you think otherwise?

Tbh, it's kinda of offensive to compare either Bernardo's protest with great changes and assume I don't believe in them. Actually, really offensive.

If you wanna equate it with those things then you're 100% wrong.

Last edited:
Just a shot in the dark here, but I'm gonna assume it's the post she's replying to.
Yeah, a swing and a miss.

Stop with this nonsense. Comparing people stopping traffic because they're mad that an armed robber was shot by police to the revolutionary war is like people who compare Obama or Trump to Hitler.

Gawd damn it.

I'm all for that.

Just because I don't support actions from protests in 2020 does not equate to I don't support any protest.

It's a cute guilt tactic though.

I can hear you protesters with this mentality now.

"Hey, this guy is upset we're blocking traffic!"
"How dare he."
"He doesn't support Women's Rights, Gay Rights or the Revolutionary War!"
"Get him!"

*guy sitting in his car terrified*
"I just want to get home to my wife and kids."

@Zombie - just a thought in the dark, but this is how I envision you think.

Hehepeepeecaca

Last edited: