What's new

Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

So, we're talking about the drivers who don't notice an intersection is blocked off when they drive into it?
You ever driven in an area where there was a protest? I have a few times just in the last 2 months, supporting my daughter and her friend and dropping them off so they could participate. One time it was about 50 people on the sidewalks. All of a sudden they were all in the street. I drove slowly and they let me through, along with the many other cars that were going through that intersection. At another one we came around a corner and there were maybe 30 people kind of milling around in the intersection. I didn't expect that, but I let my daughter out and just went through the intersection. Again for the most part they let me through.

The full street is often anything but "blocked off" like with barricades. Rather it's a bunch of people milling around. And cars driving through. Why would anyone assume they would get attacked for continuing to drive where they were going in that scenario? And the more this convo goes on the more it sounds like you think that anyone who drives in that area deserves whatever they get, as you refuse to acknowledge that there are scenaris where drivers and protestors will be generally in the same place at the same time and that the driver has every right not to get shot at while they try to navigate that.

If you are talking about a Street officially blocked, like with barricades, then number one it would have been good to specify that and number two in that case the driver would be completely at fault unless the area blocked by barricades is directly where they work or live.

I’m very surprised you didn’t know “boy” is racist in tone. You never saw 48 Hours? Great, great flick. Imagine that being made today lmao.

But what about when the players yell out to each other "yeah boy!" after a big time score/dunk, etc. ? Or is it only racist if a white person says it?

Why would anyone assume they would get attacked for continuing to drive where they were going in that scenario?

In that scenario, they should not. Most protests don't feature blocked-off intersections.

And the more this convo goes on the more it sounds like you think that anyone who drives in that area deserves whatever they get, as you refuse to acknowledge that there are scenaris where drivers and protestors will be generally in the same place at the same time and that the driver has every right not to get shot at while they try to navigate that.

If you are discussing the shooting in Provo(?), that intersection was specifically blocked off to most traffic (not just having a bunch of pedestrians in the street), and the guy was trying to drive through it. That's not the same as what you described.

I can also YouTube drivers going down the wrong side of the road, but I don't blame the drivers on the correct side of the road.

Yeah, man. I guess we see what we want to see. I can YouTube strawman's too.

I get and understand what people are protesting for on paper, hell I'll even go so far as to saying that I agree protest have to make noise to be heard. I'm with it, 100%. I want change. I support change.

The problem I have is you @One Brow @JazzGal @Zombie is painting all of this noise as being classical symphony, classic rock, ect. Some of it's good, 100% - yet all noise isn't the same. When you dilute **** protests with an agenda of making cops look bad because an armed gunman robbed multiple people at gunpoint and was shot dead while running with said gun, you're more of the problem imo. The guy was a criminal and a POS - I get none of us wanted him dead - but we're saying this from behind a keyboard.

I get it, in a perfect world the kid wouldn't have been shot. I honestly wish that. In a perfect world, only police shootings that clearly should happen would* happen. I can see why this one it's easy to say what could have happen, but it's not a video game. Officers, with fellow officers recently shot and killed, killed an armed gunman who had been terrorizing the public.

My disconnect is wondering how ****** and hard it would be to deal with the public as an officer and having some internet bully tell you what you should or shouldn't have done when you were trying to PROTECT the public. And then having people protest the criminal as if he was an innocent person randomly killed and if you don't support that then obviously, you don't support the revolutionary war, etc.

With or against us mentality or no?

**** the officers like the guy that killed George Floyd, we're on the same page, are we not? Look, I don't want any one shot by police officers. I don't want officers shot either. All I'm saying is stop diluting and lumping everything together.

This protest was merely a trend with good intentions yet ignorant af.

Last edited:
Yeah, man. I guess we see what we want to see. I can YouTube strawman's too.

I get and understand what people are protesting for on paper, hell I'll even go so far as to saying that I agree protest have to make noise to be heard. I'm with it, 100%. I want change. I support change.

The problem I have is you @One Brow @JazzGal @Zombie is painting all of this noise as being classical symphony, classic rock, ect. Some of it's good, 100% - yet all noise isn't the same. When you dilute **** protests with an agenda of making cops look bad because an armed gunman robbed multiple people at gunpoint and was shot dead while running with said gun, you're more of the problem imo. The guy was a criminal and a POS - I get none of us wanted him dead - but we're saying this from behind a keyboard.

I get it, in a perfect world the kid wouldn't have been shot. I honestly wish that. In a perfect world, only police shootings that clearly should happen wouldn't happen. I can see why this one it's easy to say what could have happen, but it's not a video game. Officers, with fellow officers recently shot and killed, killed an armed gunman who had been terrorizing the public.

My disconnect is wondering how ****** and hard it would be to deal with the public as an officer and having some internet bully tell you what you should or shouldn't have done when you were trying to PROTECT the public. And then having people protest the criminal as if he was an innocent person randomly killed and if you don't support that then obviously, you don't support the revolutionary war, etc.

With or against us mentality or no?

**** the officers like the guy that killed George Floyd, we're on the same page, are we not? Look, I don't want any one shot by police officers. I don't want officers shot either. All I'm saying is stop diluting and lumping everything together.

This protest was merely a trend with good intentions yet ignorant af.
Not sure why I'm getting roped into this. I haven't chimed in on this shooting at all.

I don't care for the misgendering. The polite thing to do is ask for my pronouns before talking to me or about me.

The term 'comrade' is gender neutral, meaning colleague within the communist party. Your earlier reference to the concept of 'patriarchy' would suggest that you're more likely to be a disgruntled woman, but this isn't definitive. I think we can dispense with being polite, since you're far from it.

Sure, but he's a bit too into it.
I'm 90% sure he's an alt.

I'm also 90% sure he's an alt who believes the exact opposite of what he posting.

@Comrade in Seattle if you believe what you say you're full trash. If you are pretending to be your idea of a "lib" "sjw" to mock their position you're full trash.

There is no situation where you are not full trash.

You are a bad person.