Tough Day To Be In Law Enforcement

One Brow

That's not what I've said at all. Like, remotely. I like how you put words in my mouth so that it feeds your agenda.
I didn't pretend to quote you, just characterized how you come across. You can accept that, or put a little more thought into how you come across, but my impression is not going to change because you complain about it.

Archie Moses

It had a carefully edited video designed to make the shooter seem capricious instead of acting in self-defense. Does that matter to you at all? If so, why are you defending your linking to it?
The video wasn't edited at all. In fact, Zombie posted an edited video with the incident zoomed in so you could see the spray from the mace being released. You can see it from the video I posted because it's the same video but not zoomed in.

I posted the video the morning after the shooting. You disliked it because that Ian guy said what many people still think - "we got a Trumper right here." That's not what was said according to the guy who was with the victim. What was said was, "we got a couple right here" which referenced their hats.

I posted it for discussion and got exactly that. I learned more from having posted it. I'm not reporting it like a journalist and or supporting it. It was a video I found disturbing and it's sad the discussion became more about the guy who tweeted the video than about how messed up Portland is.

Archie Moses

I find it useful to take even a cursory look at the people behind the media I consume and share. I don't know **** about the last guy whose video you posted, I just scrolled down and saw the Charlottesville hoax video was his most popular upload, that told me all I needed to know.

Maybe if you took just a minute or two to do the same you'd end up with a lot less egg on your face.
So I have egg on my face because you don't know who Tim Pool is and you make an assessment about him because you saw a thumbnail?

Do you not see what's wrong or simple minded about this?

Archie Moses

Just seems like a slimy attack to make on someone who was killed without knowing the whole story.
Do you know who the guy was Tim was interviewing that called him a pedophile? He was the guy that filmed the incident and was an eye-witness to what lead up to the shootings and gives details about it and his perspective.

I think he knows the story as well as anyone else who witnessed it. Maybe if you took the time to listen you might learn a lil more than there was an active shooter killing people in Kenosha. Just a thought.

Zombie

So I have egg on my face because you don't know who Tim Pool is and you make an assessment about him because you saw a thumbnail?

Do you not see what's wrong or simple minded about this?
What on earth makes you think I don't know who Tim Pool is?

One Brow

There is a reason. Care to share?
There are so many reason, and shades of reasoning, that it would be difficult to be precise. That doesn't change that we have a book club thread, and you posted some irrelevant stuff about Communists in this thread instead.

The video wasn't edited at all. In fact, Zombie posted an edited video with the incident zoomed in so you could see the spray from the mace being released. You can see it from the video I posted because it's the same video but not zoomed in.
My recollection is that the video you link covered a much shorter period of time, which is why you could not see the macing. I might be misremembering.

That's not what was said according to the guy who was with the victim. What was said was, "we got a couple right here" which referenced their hats.
I agree it was clear in the video that it was "couple", not "Trumper".

Does the video change or what's seen in it because it was posted by the guy who filmed it, Ian, me or you? No.
Do you understand that context changes meaning? In particular, claiming that a guy is out to shoot 'Trumpers' changes the meaning of why the video was there?

Archie Moses

My recollection is that the video you link covered a much shorter period of time, which is why you could not see the macing. I might be misremembering.
No. It shows the whole thing, man. Maybe it's clipped a little bit but it's not edited in any way shape or form to be misleading. It's a raw video of the shooting.

I agree it was clear in the video that it was "couple", not "Trumper".
When I first watched the video, at least from my phone, it certainly wasn't clear. I'm hard of hearing. That said, yes that's not what was said in the video. I've admitted it. I'm not stuck on that fact or upset about it being wrong. I posted it and learned more about it which I think is the whole idea behind a discussion forum.

"Couple" was said in context of targeting the two individuals because of their hats, if I'm not mistaken.

It's just odd to me you seemed more concerned about what you can "clearly" hear who many can't more than a dude getting shot dead. Maybe you don't? I don’t know.

Do you understand that context changes meaning? In particular, claiming that a guy is out to shoot 'Trumpers' changes the meaning of why the video was there?
Yes, context changes meaning. I've explained that with the Kenosha shootings while being called an idiot.

Whether it was Trumpers or couple the context seems to show they were targeted or no?

Archie Moses

I think the person detained and the cop handled this so well. This could have gone south for no reason. Props.

Different perspective.

Last edited:

One Brow

"Couple" was said in context of targeting the two individuals because of their hats, if I'm not mistaken.
Might have also been said by the white nationalists about the guys crossing the street.

It's just odd to me you seemed more concerned about what you can "clearly" hear who many can't more than a dude getting shot dead. Maybe you don't? I don’t know.
People keep telling me that it's OK to use guns in self-defense. I'd rather no one had them.

Yes, context changes meaning. I've explained that with the Kenosha shootings while being called an idiot.
You have confused "context" and "circumstances" here.

Whether it was Trumpers or couple the context seems to show they were targeted or no?
Seems to me they targeted the guy crossing the street. You have any reason to say otherwise?

Archie Moses

Might have also been said by the white nationalists about the guys crossing the street.

People keep telling me that it's OK to use guns in self-defense. I'd rather no one had them.
I'd rather no one had guns. That said, by law in many places, people can use them for self protection whether we agree or disagree.

You have confused "context" and "circumstances" here.
I don't follow. Care to elaborate?

Seems to me they targeted the guy crossing the street. You have any reason to say otherwise?
Are you saying the guy shot dead was targeting Michael Reinoehl? Because, yeah, I've read otherwise.

One Brow

Circumstances are events that affect a person's reaction and mindset. Context is the framing of evidence, a claim, or an argument to so it presents a certain point of view.

Are you saying the guy shot dead was targeting Michael Reinoehl? Because, yeah, I've read otherwise.
No, I've been discussing the shooting you linked to below. In that video, if anyone was targeted, it seems like the guy crossing the street.

Oh, that makes it so much better.

It's what witnesses are saying but it's me that needs to get my ears checked. Tbf, I'm half deaf in one ear.

[]
Portland is a **** hole.

One Brow

Circumstances are events that affect a person's reaction and mindset. Context is the framing of evidence, a claim, or an argument to so it presents a certain point of view.

No, I've been discussing the shooting you linked to below. In that video, if anyone was targeted, it seems like the guy crossing the street.

Oh, that makes it so much better.

It's what witnesses are saying but it's me that needs to get my ears checked. Tbf, I'm half deaf in one ear.

[]
Portland is a **** hole.

Archie Moses

Proud boys beating up BLM protesters in Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Disgusting.
From Portland to Salem to Clackamas. When is Oregon gonna stop this nonsense?

For you sensitive dudes, I have no idea who Sergio is. I shared the tweet because it has video of what was referenced in BP's post.

I fully expect someone to go out of their way to find out who he is and get mad.